• Show
Clear All

• Big Brother 18- Houseguests- BRONTE D'ACQUISTO **4th Evicted**

Bronte D’Acquisto

Biography

Bronte D’Acquisto
    Hometown: San Diego, CA
    Current City: Denver, CO

Three adjectives that describe you: Capable, willing, and determined.

Favorite Activities: I love to solve math problems consisting of calculus, statistics and probability. I also run, look at adoptable dogs, stretch, and walk to the mall to purchase more hair accessories.

What do you think will be the most difficult part about living inside the Big Brother house?
    I think I might become stir-crazy after a good month-and-a-half. I really enjoy getting outdoors and going on hikes, so staying put inside for that long will be a challenge.

Which past Big Brother cast member did you like most?
    I loved Derrick [Levasseur from Season 16]! He played such a well-rounded game. I truly want people to say, "Oh, Bronte is the girl-version of Derrick!"

Do you have a strategy for winning the game?
    Before I make a move, I am going to think through the worst-case scenario of what might happen with my decisions, and then come up with solutions for them! Houseguests tend to focus on how everything will play out perfectly and then they don’t know how to get out of a sticky situation.

My life’s motto is…
    Be willing to do what it takes.

What would you take into the house, and why?
    My running shoes, so I can sleep at night, and my motion sickness medicine. I have to have that in order to run, and if I don't run, I can't sleep. Also, pictures of my sisters!
    Last edited by KennyERJ; 07-16-2016, 09:09 AM.

Sounds like wants to be an athletic version of Vanessa. Let's see if her math adds up when she figiting thru the house during lock-downs?

Comment

Reminds me of Becky.

Comment

Oh, good grief, Bronte says she's a mathematician, so Jeff asks her what 9x9 is and she replied 89? Ah, I was taught (and it works) multiply any number by 9 and when you add the digits together, they'll always add up to 9.

Example: 9x2016=18144
        1+8+1+4+4=18
        1+8=9

Yeah, I do know some weird stuff. Have fun w/this good bar bet.

Comment

• Kpercyman
          Kpercyman commented
          Editing a comment
          I always use multiples of 10 and then subtract. So it should be 81 like you said.

• BettyBoo
          BettyBoo commented
          Editing a comment
          Correct 81, but I'm still puzzled how a mathematician could not do a simple multiplication. Note add 8+1 and you get 9. That's your double check when multiplying nines. I don't know why this works for nines but my Algebra teacher taught it to me & it's fun to use. Adding digits to get a one digit number is also done in numerology.

Yes I am loaded with useless knowledge-grin.

Hmmmm... I dont know.... she might just be able to do this BB thing.. she could be onto something But we all know these ideas and 'strategies' they have going in most times go kaplooey pretty quickly lol I can see her possibly getting on my nerves relatively soon if I'm being honest, though. We shall see...

but yeah I agree with you guys, working on your second degree and a 'mathematician' who cannot do a basic/simple multiplication problem in her head? oookkaaay then...

Comment

Bronte's video interview with Jeff...

Comment

I didn't want to make fun of Bronte' s elfin ears, but just heard her wittle baby voice and know THAT will annoy me. It's worse than the fact that the mathematician couldn't multiply 9x9- good grief! Trying to reserve judgement till next week, but she's near the bottom of my list right now.

Comment

• KennyERJ
              KennyERJ commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm guessing it will be between her & Glenn to be the first evicted from the house.

Much like Heather in BBCan 2, Bronte’s voice will make her an easy target. Thanks to the “1st 5” alliance, they had bigger fish to fry than Heather and she made it to F4.

I will always support a HG from my hometown, but I just don’t see Bronte making it to F4.
            She is also definitely a recruit.

As far as her counting on her hands, yeah, I watched “Stand and Deliver” too.
            There is a clip of this technique on the tuber channel, type “finger math in stand and deliver” and it should be the first result.

Pretty cool trick, actually.
            Last edited by joebourg62; 06-16-2016, 05:06 PM.

Comment

There is the Korean system called Chisanbop where you can do fast math w/fingers. I got the beginnings of New Math back in the Stone Age (60s) in school but this came afterwards. I remember seeing kids do quick multiplication using it, but for her multiplying 9x9 and getting 89 indicates some issues with her basic math skills-grin. I'm sure like most of us a calculator is key tool for her.

Comment

I don't know how much I can listen to her voice. Maybe it will be different when she isn't so excited... I don't know about this one

Comment

Only Twitter account I could find for her. I believe these ones with the BB18 in them and all just started this month were either created by CBS or by friends/loved ones or created by them just for BB 18. Not sure.

https://twitter.com/BB18_Bronte

Comment

I generally don't do extensive research on most HG's, but I have found some interesting stuff about my girl from San Diego. I am a San Diego native and always support HG's from here as they are pretty rare....only 3 in the past from here.....((putting cotton in my ears to drown out the laughter about supporting BB15 David))).

Bronte graduated from San Diego State with a Degree in.....Theater and has apparently moved to the Denver area to pursue Mathematics.
                    She has several profiles on Acting/modeling Sites.
                    She has several tuber videos on "theaurorachannel" where she hosts a series called "East Side Stories" (you have to go back a year when searching.)
                    She has other videos on the channel also.

Pro's -
                    a logical thinker.
                    appears to be a very social person

Con's -
                    her voice
                    she is a recruit. She admitted that she only watched BB16 and half of BB 17 (probably what they gave her in sequester.)

Unknown -
                    She is pretty, but I don't know if this will help her or not. Could be good to latch on a guys-based alliance. Could be bad if she becomes a target of catty girls.

I hope for the best Bronte, but I will be surprised if you make it to jury.

Comment

After hearing that voice, I wanted to not like her and root for her to go out first, but then listened to her answers (besides the 9x9 question) and liked what she had to say about strategy. That voice is going to kill me on the feeds though. I'm really torn on her.

Comment

• Luanne
                        Luanne commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Love your picture.....

• BettyBoo
                        BettyBoo commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I wonder if she'll be like Johnny Mac, someone who's voice & mannerisms begin as irritating, but become lovably quirky?

Interview on K-Frog radio. Thanks for the heads-up Luanne...

Comment

Finally saw her full interview and that helium voice is even more horrible than I could have imagined. And I find it jarring that she said she was going for her doctors degree rather than her doctorate. She's like a character on Big Bang, rather than a real person. I just can't see her establishing any repore with other HGs, she's just a tich too goofy.
                        Last edited by BettyBoo; 06-25-2016, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X