No announcement yet.

The Cave Ramblings 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK 2016 (you big ole pile of 💩), I am SO done with you!!! Now you take Carrie Fisher too. Is it time for a mass mea culpa? We're sorry and will never do again whatever we're all being punished for. 🙏

Suggestion to RUSSELL#3 . Try breaking your stories into smaller posts - like chapter 1,2,3 etc. Maybe the long posts are just too long? I'm not sure if thats the cure, but doesnt hurt to try?? 😊

Meanwhile, we're fine after our water emergency, but the sinkhole situation worsens now the lawyers are getting involved to solve who will pay for it. My sarcastic response is they'll all say 'NOT ME'. 🙈🙉🙊

OK 2017, you don't have to outdo 2016 in cr*ppiness. I see too many eartquakes and now a super culdren in Italy is activating for first time in 500 years? Really? 🌋

Wishing all the best for all our BBU buddies and family in the New Year.

👧👨👩👴👵👪👤👥👫👬👭👮👷💁👯👰👱👲👳🎆🎇🎉🎊🍸🍺🍻🍷🍹🚼🕛

​​​​​​​(Gotta love those emojis - GRIN 😸)
    ​​​​​

Comment

• They showed the neighborhood with the sinkhole on the national news tonight. Poor families. Looks like a really nice neighborhood too. They said they think the sewer pipe running underneath the road broke.

This morning I had to save my dog Annie's life. I was just getting ready to walk out the door to go to Jazzercise and I saw my dog on the couch with a bunch of empty chocolate wrappers and munching away. I'd put about 6 or so little Dove chocolates in a candy dish that had wrapped mints in it. She left the mints, and went for the chocolate. I called the vet and he said I could bring her in or work on her myself. I had to give her 3 tbsp of hydrogen peroxide....easier said than done, but done nevertheless, it worked. Within 15 minutes she was throwing everything up, lots of white foam, then the chocolates, wrappers, and her breakfast. Whew.

BettyBoo Just did a new Apple update, and it said there are 100 new emoji added.

I'm glad we are in the off season here, I haven't been able to stop in. Had to take my dad to ER two weeks ago and he just got out of rehab hospital Thursday. Had to cancel his trip to Illinois for Christmas with my sister. He was diagnosed with hyponatremia. Very low sodium which caused him to lose all control of his muscles. Got him working with therapists at home now, but it is very stressful having a stubborn elderly parent still living alone when they shouldn't be. No driving for a month, but don't want him driving at all! I am his chauffeur as well as going there everyday and having him over for dinners and giving him food. He won't get meals on wheels either. Says he can still cook, clean, laundry, etc. Anyway very stressful time and I'm driving a rental car because mine is in the shop from getting rear ended. Like BettyBoo said, happy for 2016 to come to an end.

Happy New Year everyone!

Comment

• Lynette I feel for you as I had to deal with my mother's dementia for years. Too many will refuse help and get furious when you take control from them for their own safety. I took the car keys and had to take over her finances when she refused to pay bills. Knobs were taken off the stove after she melted a pot on it. I was just fortunate she wasn't one to wander as some do. Sadly, you must become the 'bad cop' parent for their own good and take a lot of abuse.

There's no easy solutions and expensive to maintain help. Stay strong and keep going one day at a time. You must stay realistic - these are signs, not quirks of aging. I have a friend who's older brother has the signs and she brushes them off with he's fine when I try to advise her. It's not just forgetfulness, it's not eating well, cleaning themselves, etc. In the last year Mom wanted to live on cookies and milk and hated being bathed.

But, just as babies respond to music, those with dementia love it. At the end, when she would barely speak, I'd play her 40s music and we'd sing along together. Those were the good memories that helped cover up the less nice ones.

Hopefully Kindle will add the new emojis since it's my tablet (and usually attached to my arm).

Now Debbie Reynolds joins daughter Carrie Fisher. I cried for that family on their sudden, unexpected losses. Just horrible.

2016 - the only good things left are kittens 🐱 and puppies 🐕. Are you gonna take them next?

2017 - you just gotta be better.

Comment

• Lynette
          Lynette commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for sharing your experiences! I cried reading your post, but only dealing with one day at a time is my mantra too. Luckily I am retired now and can be there for my dad and he only lives three miles down the same road.

• Hi all. Is there a different cave that people are in now? Been so long, I'm not even sure where to look.

On the second to last day of December, I broke my ankle, so I had two broken bones, x-ray confirmation and all. That was an adventure. It was a long hard month packing and cleaning up our old house. And then I had to sit out the the last couple of days.

We're finally getting settled.

But we don't get CBS. (No cable -- just an antenna.) So I don't know what I'm gonna do for entertainment and BBU fellowship.

But I wanted to pop in and say hi. So hiiiii!

Comment

• KennyERJ
          KennyERJ commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi CnC. Sorry to hear about your ankle. Glad you're healing up. You might want to check out CBS All Access and see if you can get CBS Live in your area. You'd have to watch on your phone or tablet. I believe you can also watch on stuff like the Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Fire TV, etc...

• Hey, cutencuddly ! Just saw your message - have not been checking in the Cave lately, and can see that I should have been. Mostly I just pop into the Cafe when in the neighborhood. Can definitely empathize about your ankle. I fell in December too, and broke my ankle and a bone in my foot. Still struggling with swelling, and a chip which does not want to heal. Glad you are getting settled in, and hope all else is going well for you.

Comment

• cutencuddly
          cutencuddly commented
          Editing a comment
          Ouch. I'm still wearing a wrap because if I don't it feels like my foot wants to pull apart, but now I'll have to count my blessings that I really do feel fine.

• He giveth and He taketh away. We had two mild warm months then March hit! The freaky wind storm on Wed, 3/8, was 12 hours of wind sheers measured at at least 68mph winds (hurricanes begin at 74mph). Over 1000 power poles snapped off or toppled, as well as many trees. Problem was caused by mild winter and heavy rain leaving ground mushy, not frozen, so trees and poles were no match for the winds.

So around 1 million lost power. As of Sunday night, a 100k are still waiting. We lost power on Wed at noon and didn't get it back till late Friday. That was a blessing since that night it went down to 10°. The house had chilled to 49° and peanut butter, baked beans and crackers was getting old fast. Luckily neighbor had friend with power so got cell phone recharged and HOT soup!!

They showed tonight on 6pm news a neighborhood south of us. 5 poles broken on one city block of homes. It was estimated that it would take 16 men working 16 hours to repair and restore power. Example of what is faced. It took them about 10 hours to fix the down line by us. Many lost homes and cars due to trees crashing down or fires, so I feel blessed wasn't worse for us.

Last two days was filled doing laundry (that I luckily hadn't started on Wed as planned) and ARGH throwing out bags of spoiled food from fridge. Stores are kinda bare, so thank goodness for carryouts for now.

Caught up with Survivor on On Demand. Oh that whily Sandra - thought for sure she'd be gone, but Tony's nutty behavior got even Caleb to vote him out after he had declared the tribe needed the muscle. Sure missed hanging out with my BBU pals that night while watching the show.

So I'm good. Glad to not have to wear coats to bed! Hope everyone will be OK with the stupid snow blasting through (we're supposed to get 3-5" ). Guess Puxatony Phil knew what he was talking about!!

Also posted in Cafe

Comment

• Has anyone heard from Russell?? It's been so long & do so worry about him. He seemed to be turning corner for better days, than nothing. Did I miss a post regarding our buddy?

Comment

• Walleye
            Walleye commented
            Editing a comment
            I haven't heard anything either. I'm hoping we do when the show starts.

• kokomogirl
            kokomogirl commented
            Editing a comment
            I think of him often and wish he'd check in with us. I worry about his health and well being. Hope he is doing fine and things are well with him. Miss him.

• I have been wondering about him too. I hope he has found love and has no time for us.

Comment

• Walleye
            Walleye commented
            Editing a comment
            That is a nice sentiment.

• I'm with y'all. RUSSELL#3 or RUSSELL#2 or RUSSELL , we miss you!

And to the rest of you: a great big MWAAAAAAAAH!!!!

Comment

• Hoping Russell is ok also. We're about to gear up again so hope to see lots of friends on here.

Comment

• Signed in to check on Russell and all. Still haven't gotten CBS to come in without static at our new house, and I'm not tech savvy about TV alternatives, so I'm probably not going to be BB-ing this summer. But I think of you.

Comment

• cutencuddly
                cutencuddly commented
                Editing a comment
                No cable. Just the antenna for local stations. And they don't all come in. At the old place, no Fox. At the new place, just 7 miles from the old place, we get Fox but not CBS. Missed Survivor. Lemme tell ya, it was weird not seeing that. And now a summer without BB. But I'm busy with my new garden. And I have other stuff I should be doing. We were told by two different people to get Roku, so that might happen, but I'll leave it up to hubby. Not gonna sweat it. Just gonna explore my strange new BB-less world awhile.

• Luanne
                Luanne commented
                Editing a comment
                I hate that for you. Bet you get a lot done this summer,,,my family wishes I could not get the feeds and show. I hope you still get with us or will that make you miss it more?

• cutencuddly
                cutencuddly commented
                Editing a comment
                I may drop by. Heck, who knows ... maybe there will be enough drama to suck me in even without having the network! #MoDramaMamas ;-)

• Missing our sweet Russell, I hope he is doing great and just busy

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X