This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Feed Discussion-July 30, 2018

Here's where you can discuss what's happening on the Live Feeds.

Please note that this forum will contain SPOILERS.

Please stay on topic within this thread.

For off topic conversations, and for catching up with your BBU friends, please use the BBU CAFE Thread.

If you haven't signed up for the Live Feeds (CBS ALL Access) you can CLICK HERE or click on any of the banners to get signed up and help support this website at the same time. (CBS ALL Access) also has many other great features to check out. Note that BBU only gets credit for NEW subscriptions so you would need to sign up using a new email address in order for BBU to get credit. Thanks!

Live Feeds not for you?
    Like the Live Feed Discussions?
    Like the Live Feed Updates?

Another great way to help support all that we do here is by clicking our PayPal Button.
    - You don't need a PayPal account to donate.

Thank you for any support you can give!

Good morning everybody

Veto meeting today.

Comment

Good Morning BBU Family,

So let's clear up something right out of the gate...

Why won't Tyler use the POV?

Many are saying it makes no sense for Tyler to not use the POV to save Brett and that the likelihood of Bay putting up Angela is minimal. But the reality is this decision isn't that simplistic. Here's why.

BB is as much about smoke and mirrors as it is about obvious loyalties. Through almost five weeks of play Foutte, JC and Scottie are still in the dark about L6(5). That fact cannot be understated. Based on the group's ability to hide their alliance it has afforded Ty, Kaycee and even Brett the ability to pull information they otherwise wouldn't be afforded. The time is coming where the truth will come out, but that's not now, particularly before jury, with the votes in hand to save Brett and most importantly because of the power app.

No, Bay likely wouldn't re-nom Angela - but she would put up JC. Either way this would have one of them angry at Tyler. Even if Angela knows she'll stay is it worth Tyler chancing that just to appease Brett? What precisely has Brett done to help Tyler and who in the house does he have sway over? .... Exactly. Conversely, Angela does have sway with people and so does JC, so it doesn't behoove Tyler to piss either of them off. (not to mention the entire other side of the house)

Bays Power App:
      Following up on the L6 secret this is another perfect example of why it paid benefits (and continues to) not to make definitive lines in the sand. Hard to imagine Bay tells Rachel about her app if she knows about L6. So she spills and as expected it's going through the house like wild fire. What that did is cement for Tyler why he can't use the POV.

As of this morning everyone in L5 knows about the power (Rachel, Angela, Kaycee, Tyler and Brett) and more importantly are aware she cannot make the POV renom.

This is where we see game play as each of Kaycee and Angela are cuddling up to Bay with the hopes they won't be her power app noms (smart). KC telling Bay how she's closest to her might be true, but I think it's pouring a little sugar on top of someone she likes and ensuring her butt won't end up in that seat. Ditto for Angela who is spending as much time as possible with Bay. And, Tyler won't use POV to make Bay think he's is open to partnering. PLUS he planted seeds with Scottie saying how much he likes Bay and wants to work with her knowing Scottie will run and tell her that.

Brett seeing the full picture now:
      Brett, who is wide open as a target, was having a hard time seeing why Tyler wouldn't just use the POV. Of course that's his stance b/c he wants to be safe and in truth outside L5 he has nothing to hide.

He seems to be okay now that Ty has laid everything out for him (albeit grudgingly). Ty explained Bay's power app, how they have the 5 votes and that they plan on pinning JC's vote on Scottie which is why it's imperative that Brett spend as much time with Scottie as possible. Angela is also reinforcing Brett as being safe and Sam will do what KC/Ty want so this is pretty much as close to a done deal as we get this early in the week. No doubt they'll be fluctuations, however they are more likely going to be tied to Rachel maintenance of which any little freak out by her is going to reinforce their decision to keep Brett.

Meanwhile:
      Bay, Hal & RS are so busy assuming they run the house their time is completely invested in whining about Fessy - JC's relationship and putting Fes in his place regarding where his loyalties lie. If Fessy understood the game better he'd be telling his trio of females to stfu or he'll go align with the men and wipe THEM out. Fortunately for them Fessy hasn't shown any game sense. Besides that Fes-JC bromance is hilarious.

Fes really should be careful b/c he has a showmance with Hal (or wants one) a strong IN THE OPEN alliance with Foutte females and a bromance with JC and somewhat of a bromance with Scottie.

Moving forward/what to watch for:

Normally I have a ton of game play items to note, but the well oiled Ty/KC duo jumped into action so completely and expeditiously yesterday there isn't much to offer here other than maintenance and laying groundwork. That said
      • more KC/Angela & Ty sucking up to Bay
      • Foutte females pressuring Fes about JC
      • Brett becoming Scottie's shadow (while JC distances himself from Brett)
      • keeping Rachel calm & assured
      • Ty talking to Sam (probably later in week)
      • L5 discussing how to handle Bay's app & making sure they win HOH --- I think Tyler will ascertain her power lasts until F8 AND he may gun for HOH this week to save his power)
      As for what Rachel did and Brett initially getting annoyed this game may only be won by one person, but you don't reach the F2 chairs unless you work with a team. I'm biased, but the person who is best at people management is Tyler as he will always ask "are you good with that' unlike Bay who demands "you better do this". Hopefully once she is out of the HOH she'll get back to the style of play she was using prior to winning.

Keys for strong strategist are asking themselves the right questions and then implementing the right actions (with regards to their opponents). Again, I'll note my bias, however Tyler, Kaycee and Sam (for the latter portion below) do that best:
      • How does this help "my opponent's" game?
      • Who is "my opponent's" biggest threat?
      • Who is "my opponent's" biggest ally?
      • What will move this person to want to work with me?
      • What can I say or do to keep the human element in the game to make my opponent gain a personal connection to me?
      The reason why the people at the front of that equation are positioned well in the game is because they remember to make this an essential part of their game play.
      Last edited by TTOTambz; 07-30-2018, 12:32 PM.

Comment

• beckyd30
        beckyd30 commented
        Editing a comment
        TTOTambz, don't forget with Queen Bay it's basically her way or Off With Your Head. Since she has threatened the lives of so many people this week if they don't do what SHE wants them too. I still think she should be penalized for the graphic threat she made to Scottie about disemboweling him if he crosses her.

• sea513
        sea513 commented
        Editing a comment
        Love the Ty/KC/Sam alliance. Ty and KC are playing together like a well-oiled machine.

Oh - one other tidbit. ICYMI I'm big on Tyler's strategic game play and here's a perfect example why:

Tyler was hearing from Brett, Rachel and even Kaycee a little regarding using the POV. In each of those scenarios it's understandable given Brett wants safety, Rachel wants Scottie gone (although I think Bay would re-nom JC) and Kaycee is just a good and loyal person to her alliances (and also wants Scottie gone).

So, Tyler does something very smart by telling (and retelling) Kayee, Rachel and Angela that Faysal now doesn't believe the alliance existed. Tyler is careful in his wording, but implies the other side (Hal, RS, Bay) are suggesting "they" were never in it or believed in it. This is so Angela, KC, Rachel & Sam are painted as the girls who a) created it b) wanted it c) are pushing it.

The effect from this has served to pull Angela & KC back to L5 (I'm inserting Sam to this group now). And Ang/KC are extremely pissed off they are the ones being painted as the creators/pushing it.

The initial thoughts are to have Brett say KK was the one to tell about it & paint RS as the creator of it. Personally, I thought Haleigh was the one who named it so if I were Brett I'd say RS created it & Haleigh named it Man Eaters. THAT would work best to make Fessy paranoid.

The reality is Faysal is saying 7 girls could never agree on anything and is only feeling his druthers b/c of the current situation. He was the one MOST concerned when it was first mentioned. But since his side is in power he thinks they run the house with his 3 girls plus JC/Scottie on his side. In Fessy's eyes he controls that side & has 5 people catering to him. He think Brett will leave this week, Bay will get out one of Ang or KC next week and has virtually stopped playing the game thinking he's going to sail to the end. And, he also needs to say he's not believing it so if he wins HOH he can target Tyler and Scottie.

He'll of course feel this way right up until Brett stays on Thursday and he once again begins to question whether Scottie is with him or if Haleigh voted to keep him.

AND if L4 (at that point) can win HOH it will make the other side even crazier.
      Last edited by TTOTambz; 07-30-2018, 12:08 PM.

Comment

• Walleye
        Walleye commented
        Editing a comment
        If L4 wins hoh I believe Bay will use her power. Then it might be L3 lol

• beckyd30
        beckyd30 commented
        Editing a comment
        Walleye, not if they win the POV and then the HOH can renom Bay and she goes 'bye bye bye'. (ala backstreet boys)

• Walleye
        Walleye commented
        Editing a comment
        There are a lot of possibilities I guess.

Quick question...has Tyler told anyone about his power app??

Comment

• Lynette
        Lynette commented
        Editing a comment
        Not that I am aware of.

• TTOTambz
        TTOTambz commented
        Editing a comment
        Nope - which is smart b/c it only affects him (he's not changing apps, can't share it by giving it to someone else). Personally I think that's the smartest decision b/c no one can keep anything to themselves. And, in this situation if it got out he had a power where he could keep himself off the block they'd just try to take him out earlier.

Tyler's app is now the only one remaining which can shock the house. Odds are he wants to keep it for double eviction it's almost a guarantee anyone who will nominate him would do it via the back door method and unlike Bay's app he can stop either the initial or the re-nom.

Of course I'm dying for it to be someone who "says they have his back" like JC, Bay or Scottie so he can provide TV Magic and if it's during DE go out win the next HOH and take revenge. lol .

• Walleye
        Walleye commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol Tv magic. We have had our share of that already this season. Perhaps we will again if Brett stays.

The big question is - if they nom or try to renom him when he's "in the cloud" does that stupid alarm go off like it did at KK's eviction and tell whoever is doing the noms that he can't be put on the block and will he be there in the room or stuck in the DR until the ceremony is complete? They have already done one Nom-ceremony without everyone present when KC was stuck in the BY with the "wheel of doom" spinning, so would they keep Tyler in the DR while his power app is being revealed?

Comment

I sure am looking forward to Thursday and the dethroning of Queen B**** Bay! She is really living in a make believe Queen B**** Bay world, Hal and Rachel are her ladies in waiting! How they mighty will fall 😂
        Last edited by GrandmaSusan; 07-30-2018, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Walleye Oh we might get our TV magic & Rachel doesn't even know how she's playing into it. She confirmed with Bay more on the app - that the HOH gives their noms (so they can put up those pictures when they turn the keys in the box), then she tells TPTB who her noms are which then I assume we get the sound of her app happening.

Bay also confirmed she's hoping to hold onto the app another week (something she didn't say initially) b/c she thinks the following week will be DE which is when she'll want to use the app.

Rachel will download this intel to Angela at some point who'll pass it on to the other three (KC/Ty & Brett). The big thing is will Rachel keep quiet when she gets blind sided? Or will she call out Bay on her way out - hopefully she's so shocked she just says goodbye and doesn't say anything. B/c I'm really excited for the nominations when Brett calls her out & tells her Rachel told all of us (or better still Brett winning & getting to usurp the "anonymous" part by calling out Bayleigh. BECAUSE if Brett is HOH I think Bay will put up Angela & Kaycee or Ang/Tyler & then they'll be furious with her for "pretending" to want to work with them (esp the girls).

Bay's crown is going to fall very, very soon. They'll still need to win POV to get one off the block in this scenario, and then put up Bay.

The irony is Bay doesn't even realize she'll be setting up the scenario for her own back door.

Comment

• Walleye
            Walleye commented
            Editing a comment
            Sweet irony. Can we still get nice things?

My big question re Bailey’s power app - does she get the names of who’s being nominated ahead of time? How will she know if she wants to change the nominations? Does she get prior information on the nominees every week until she uses it? I assumed before that she had to wait until the nominations were made and then she could change them if she chose. Anyone know how it works?

Comment

• TTOTambz
            TTOTambz commented
            Editing a comment
            Don't think so - like Tyler she'll have to assume she or someone she's aligned with is in trouble. But - I suspect if any of Brett, Angela, Kaycee or JC win she'll use it.

It woudn't be fair to tell her who is going up (ditto for Tyler). They have to use their best guess.

• BettyBoo
            BettyBoo commented
            Editing a comment
            Usually HOH's blab about their choices, so she should know in advance who are likely noms. But, it's a crap shoot for her to pick up the signals. Also, now that the right people know she has the power, they can pin the noms on her. But, it's again the VETO that becomes essential to back door her, which as has been noted will be a big muh hah hah moment I doubt she's considered.

Did anyone catch Bailey saying that “they” (production) told Sam which app they wanted her to choose?!!! They went right to fish when she said that.

Comment

• BettyBoo
            BettyBoo commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh gosh are you insinuating production picks favorites? I'm shocked , shocked to learn there's gambling in this establishment. 😏

If this was truly a "game" show they legally couldn't. But it's "entertainment" so they can dabble and put that HUGE thumb on the scale.

• Stay_zee
            Stay_zee commented
            Editing a comment
            The way production let Sam know which app they wanted her to pick was a lame "subliminal" manner of advertising the apps. The one she selected was a little larger or highlighted if you will among the choices. They did not tell her which one to select.

This more than confirms what many of you have been saying for years, Producion chooses who wins and how they reach their goal. This is very sad. And certainly not fair to the other HG.

Comment

Sam said that when she was choosing the app she chose appeared slightly larger - could have been just her perception. She could have chosen one of the others.

Comment

Every time the mutant toys think they control the game, they get shocked. From the beginning they have been so assured of their own game expertise that they haven't seen the more subtle plays right in front of them. Not one eviction has gone the way they have expected it to go. Instead of evaluating what they're doing, they make up plots and blame turncoats. Never once do they question their own game play and readjust. They are the authors of their own downfall.

Thanks as always to all our wonderful play by play broadcasters and to TTOTambz for her detailed insights. As I've said before, although I'm enjoying the plays, it's worse than watching paint dry to observe these guys drone on for hours.

So, will enjoy their faces when once again they see Brett stay AGAIN and their "pawn" go adios. It'll be a variation of Ralphie's Oh, Fudge face:

Comment

• Walleye
                Walleye commented
                Editing a comment
                You know after four eviction surprises i would have thought you would be right. Maybe when Brett doesn’t leave they will figure it out. Ok, ok, maybe not.

• sea513
                sea513 commented
                Editing a comment
                Can I like your post 1,000,000 times?!

Been wondering how the whole Moonves situation will work out and if it will take down Julie Chen too if he's forced out. Haven't heard if Big Bro has been renewed so???

Comment

• OutOfTheDarkness
                OutOfTheDarkness commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh Les goes down.... So does Julie. How do you think they began dating years ago? Lol Julie knew the game from the start & knew what she was getting into with Les. They are probably just shocked it will all come out now. Once they are both history @ CBS so will Big Brother. It & The Talk are her pet project shows on the network, approved & authorized by Les so that she has a public image. It's what she gets out of their arranged marriage. He of course gets, well you know. What he's accused of going after. LOLOLOL You see how the accusations stop the minute they hook up; just look at the timeline. 😳

Well that's my two cents on the matter.

Tyler & Angela are being stupid. Why tell Bayleigh that Rachel told them about her power app after they vote Rachel out? There are OTHER reasons they could use. SMDH Angela is ruining this season for Mo Drama.... She HAS to GO next. I'm done with this woman.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X