BBU Book Club 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBU Book Club 2017

Another "just for fun" that we've had in Seasons past that gives us a little sump'n sump'n to do when feeds are down for extended times... our own little "Book Club" of sorts... not exactly the typical sort though as we won't be reading/meeting/discussion the same book and such but maybe we could suggest books, talk about any we've read recently or would like to read.

Personally, I like alllllll sorts of genres when feeding my addiction (I'm a major reading addict...LOVE LOVE LOVE my Kindle )

Right now, I'm reading The Shack and then plan to watch the movie

Charles Stross latest book in the laundry series is out. It's as good as all the others. Charles Stross is a modern syfy writer. He's very good. I looked for a new syfy author for quite a while when I discovered him.

Comment

• Walleye
      Walleye commented
      Editing a comment
      I would literally kiss the inventor of spell check. Made my career so much better.😀

• Shan
      Shan commented
      Editing a comment
      😂😂😂 definitely a great idea/invention!! lol

• LCnSummer
      LCnSummer commented
      Editing a comment
      YAY, love the same kinda books! Dry humor and satirisation of bureaucracy... The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a fave. Think about the long lines they had to wait in to get certain forms.. classic!!! Oh, and who doesn't love singing Dolphins.

I WILL definitely check out 'The Laundry Files' but it will have to wait till I stop kissing the spell check inventor.

I definitely prefer Book books but with how much I've moved around in my adult life I've temporarily stopped buying them and download them on Google Play Books. Currently I'm re reading a series by Robert Jordan called the Wheel of Time. It's a fantasy novel that takes place over 14 books I believe. That's one series I can always pick up and put down lol

Comment

• fista-79
      fista-79 commented
      Editing a comment
      😂 now I don't feel bad. 37, almost 38 and I just put down my 3DS for the night. I've always loved to read tho. My punishment if I got in trouble as a kid was for my books being taken away. Let's just say I didn't get in a lot of trouble

• Walleye
      Walleye commented
      Editing a comment
      lol there's still a few games I'll buy but I've lost a lot of interest plus my reflexes aren't what they were and it can be frustrating.😀😳

That wasn't a good punishment lol.

• LCnSummer
      LCnSummer commented
      Editing a comment
      @fista-79
      That Jordan series is massive and I truly enjoyed it. 🤓

fista-79 will have to add those to my 'wish list'

Comment

• Walleye
      Walleye commented
      Editing a comment
      I need to check those out too. I've got a lot of series going right now. I'm also reading David Weber's Safehold Series. I've read the first eleven of those. Problem with that series is the first seven or eight were great but the last three probably could have been done in one book. I'm committed to see how it all turns out so I'm screwed on that series lol.

• fista-79
      fista-79 commented
      Editing a comment
      It's definitely a good read. I've owned the books several times over. That's why I decided on the E Books. Easier to travel with

Can you get Ebooks on an iPad?

Comment

• Shan
      Shan commented
      Editing a comment
      yep I use the Kindle app on mine .. I'm sure the other E-reader versions have apps as well but Kindle is the one I use/am familiar with ... I think Apple even has its own books app too?

• Walleye
      Walleye commented
      Editing a comment
      Kindle is the one I hear good things about.

• Shan
      Shan commented
      Editing a comment
      I love, LOVE my Kindle! Though I actually use the app on my phone most and iPad often as well. And the Kindle Unlimited membership on Amazon is pretty awesome (a little over $10 monthly subscription) for unlimited (10 out at a time) books. Not every book is available via Unlimited but there are TONS to choose from. Depending on how voracious of a reader one is determines if it's worth it to ya ...it is for me

Has anybody tried Audiobooks? I love them, I've been able to read AND clean, cook and work. I love post apocalyptic, horror and.... Zombie books. My favorite author is Mark Tufo, he writes Zombie Fallout 1-10 (so far) and Lycan Fallout, Indian Hill (Aliens)

This is a subject I could talk about for hours. My hubby says I would go nuts if I were on BB cause I wouldn't be able to read my books.

Comment

• Shan
      Shan commented
      Editing a comment
      sorry @BedLJuice ....I'm just seeing this today! LOL about going nuts in BB because of lack of reading/books...I would be the same! that and no phone/internet of course haha

I've tried Audiobooks on long road trips with the kiddos (we are in the midst of the Harry Potter series listening now... I've read them all as well as my oldest (daughter who is 24) but my boys have never read them so ...) and once or twice on my own.. but to be honest, I have to be careful with them as sometimes someone reading to me will put me to sleep lol

I used audiobooks on a long, solo roadtrip in the 90's. I had just one credit card -- a Conoco gas card -- so I'd buy new books on tape at the Conoco truckstops. Mysteries worked well to keep me from falling asleep or going nuts.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X