This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Feed Discussion-July 3, 2017

Here's where you can discuss what's happening on the Live Feeds.
    Please note that this forum will contain SPOILERS.
    Please stay on topic within this thread.

For off topic conversations, and for catching up with your BBU friends, please use the BBU CAFE Thread.

If you haven't signed up for the Live Feeds (CBS ALL Access) you can CLICK HERE or click on any of the banners to get signed up and help support this website at the same time. (CBS ALL Access) also has many other great features to check out. Note that BBU only gets credit for NEW subscriptions so you would need to sign up using a new email address in order for BBU to get credit. Thanks!

Live Feeds not for you?
    Like the Live Feed Discussions?
    Like the Live Feed Updates?
    Like the New Chat Room?

Another great way to help support all that we do here is by clicking our PayPal Button. - You don't need a PayPal account to donate.

Thanks for any support you can give!

Morning all.

Comment

Interesting that Cody did his move to save the couples and Dom, but his action lost the other two couples and Dom, while picking up Alex and Jason. He totally reshuffled the deck, but time will tell if he dealt himself Aces or crap cards. Actually saw him smiling in self-awareness last night in talking with Paul that his move had unintended consequences. I won't believe the vote till we see it on Thursday night, but for sure Cody ruptured his partnership with Matt and Mark.

So crazy since they could have had easy outs for a few weeks with Jillian, Josh, Jason and Ramses. And again, sending strong players out too soon like Victor can backfire - ask Paulie about buy backs. The Zombies can keep coming back to getcha. 😁

But this is why we watch Big Brother. Either we get shocked good or just smack our forehead with a what did they just do! Can we FF to Thursday?

Comment

• Walleye
        Walleye commented
        Editing a comment
        Well he didn't know paul had that power. Thanks bb. If paul had been on the block this would not have been a big deal. He had to go to Christmas as she is paul's number two. It's not all Cody's fault.

• BettyBoo
        BettyBoo commented
        Editing a comment
        In conversation with Paul, Cody said his target was Megan, but with her gone he decided to jump ahead a few weeks in his target choice. His error was not getting his team on board and going rogue. It makes them feel they can't trust him. I think they would have agreed to Paul since they didn't know his power, but Cody didn't work with his team. He instead gambled on adding Alex and Jason. Also they all knew a temptation was out there, but nobody took it into consideration. I think Cody can recover, but he can't do it again.

Good morning. What's the deal that people are saying they want Raven to win? I don't get that. I know she has some kind of medical condition, is that it? It's crazy to me for people to fight to get on a show and then declare in the first week or two that they want someone else to win.

Comment

• Shmennifer
        Shmennifer commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree! I was coming here to say the same thing! Why would Matt say, I'll do anything so Raven wins!?? Ugh! It seems to me that usually happens with couples. It seems there is also a lot of chatter about just making it to jury....didn't you come on to win this thing? I had a lot of respect for Alex telling Cody...no, I'm here to win the whole thing! Amen, sister!!

• amj0715
        amj0715 commented
        Editing a comment
        It is because of her heath condition that they were talking about wanting her to win Big Brother. The condition that she has is life threatening and she needs another surgery to replace the pacemaker that she has in her stomach. And apparently, insurance doesn't cover it, so it is very expensive.

It sounds like her mother has the same condition and is getting ready to have her 49th surgery sometime over the next couple of days. Raven has already had 8 surgeries over the past several years since she was diagnosed. There is a news video somewhere of her at 15 or 16 doing something to raise awareness and to try to raise money for one of her procedures.

• Border57
        Border57 commented
        Editing a comment
        That does sound like she has a tough row to hoe, alright. That's too bad. I hadn't realized her condition was that bad. The two people that I've heard that they want her to win is Christmas and Matt. So I suppose they are both there for the publicity rather than the money. I do find it odd, though.

I wish we could see the diary room sessions (like BBOT), at least then we'd have a better idea of what everyone is actually thinking. I'm having a hard time figuring out what's true and what's lies.

Comment

Good morning all. Very interesting weekend. From a drama standpoint I love the move by Cody to try and nom Paul. When that move failed, and he had already exposed himself, I get his move to nom Christmas instead. It was dumb on so many levels, but it ripped apart a huge alliance, which is good for all of us. Just putting up Jason would have been boring and predictable. I do have some questions that I'm hoping that people who watched the feeds yesterday can answer for me.

1. Has anybody even considered that there will be a buyback this season? They have had a buyback for how many straight seasons now? At least since 14, there has been a buyback every year. Now they also have a person leave this year without an eviction, there has to be a buyback. I hope someone is realizing this when making decisions on how to vote not only this week, but in the next 3 weeks at least.

2. If there is a buyback this season (which I assume that there has to be), do you think it will be fan vote or an actual battle back? Either way, I not voting out Christmas this week since she will most likely be a tough competitor in either of those scenarios.

Comment

• birdiefriend
          birdiefriend commented
          Editing a comment
          I heard a Christmas mention it - not sure if it was Paul she said it to. Don't they have the buyback after the third eviction?

• OutOfTheDarkness
          OutOfTheDarkness commented
          Editing a comment
          I wouldn't worry about a buy back when voting. I would deal with it, if it becomes a reality. I wouldn't vote out a weak competitor over a strong one cause of it. That's just stupid!! I would however keep in mind how I might deal with how I would handle if any of those voted out comes back into the house. To win BB you can not play from a position of fear.

• maxxum26
          maxxum26 commented
          Editing a comment
          OutOfTheDarkness It wasn't a "fear" standpoint for my reasoning not getting Christmas out. Unless I'm Cody, it isn't fear driving me. But if I'm Ramses (who HAS to go up probably before buyback) or Josh (knows he is a huge target and before Cody made this move, Josh was the easy out next week) then I am thinking about the buyback and how it may happen. I know Christmas has already talked a little about her followers outside the house (over a million among all social media). So she is intimidating from a fan vote standpoint and a comp standpoint. If I am 1 of those 2, then maybe Jillian is the better boot this week. I know that Ramses won't vote out Jillian (unless the winds are blowing to a Jillian blowout vote, then he will vote with the house).

Morning all,

The house is now pretty divided, and the next few days will decide the new configuration. Paul, Matt, Eleana and Christmas seem to be in a very solid grouping right now. Elena has the potential to pull Mark, Matt pulls in Raven, and Dom seems like she is down with that grouping. What is interesting is how Jessica votes. Alex, Jason and Jillian talking last night, and Alex told Jillian "Be nice to her, (Jessica), but don't tell her anything. We get her vote this week, and then we cut her off next week. Hey, this is a game for snakes. Alex will have no problem making a deal and then going back on it, and she is clearly pointed at Cody and Jessica. Paul is pointed at Cody, Christmas is pointed at Cody. That is a few strong players with potential, pointed at Cody. Not good for him. And, Matt, stating the obvious, if they are going to take Cody out, they have to backdoor him, which I am sure is the plan.

I think Cody has done real damage to himself in the game, not from the move, but from his execution of it. He has fractured what should have been an easy week, with lots of targets that would have not caused a controversy (Ramses would have been an easy shot, after missing against Paul), and preserved his larger alliance, without actually taking out Jason or Alex, who he has been trying to keep on the side.

Lots of scheming this week, as the house if closely divided, the best eviction is not actually clear for a few of the players (Christmas, Alex, Jason, Paul would actually be a formidable 4-some into the mid game, IMHO), and the power of love vs. the power of fraternity is about to be tested, in the form of Mark and Elena.

Comment

• sdkgeo
          sdkgeo commented
          Editing a comment
          Raven will vote to keep Christmas. She is a solid Paul ally. They know each other outside the house. The girls (Raven, Elena, Dom, and Christmas) are very close also. It's more Raven pulling in Matt to keep Christmad.

• BettyBoo
          BettyBoo commented
          Editing a comment
          From Matt's conversations, he's really pissed at Cody for going rogue BUT will still work with him and NOT go after him. He has declared he wants Christmas to stay.

I also figured that I would do a quick ranking of the players here. This is really based on gameplay and how I personally feel about them.

1. Kevin. Love this guy. Very much the "Donnie" character this year. Great position in the house right now as well.

2. Christmas. I have liked her since the first ep. Could be a great competitor, seems smart and level headed. Close with Paul so some rub off with his fandom. Not a great position in the house right now though. On the block for the 2nd time already. Too many times up and she is going to be too tempting for everyone to vote out.

3. Mark. This guy is just a genuine nice guy. Backstory that tugs on the heartstrings. I don't normally like the meatheads, but this guy has more than just the muscles. Don't like the showmance, and it could turn into a love triangle with Dom, but still like him. Just need him to distance himself from Cody now. Can he?

4. Alex. Didn't think I'd like her at first, but she is growing on me. She certainly speaks her mind, and that creates good drama and good feeds. Wish she was less catty towards the other girls though.

5. Elena. Not a popular opinion I know, but I like her. Good position in the house (besides being in a showmance, only downfall currently).

6. Matt. Again, not the popular choice, but I like that he is distancing himself from Cody a bit and seems to be steadfast in keeping Christmas and voting out Jillian.

7. Dominique. Love her little talks to herself. She is certainly a bit nuts, but it's fun.

8-11. Ramses, Raven, Josh, Jason. 4 people that I couldn't care less about really. Josh will blow up and make good feeds, but he is a waste of an HOH in the next 2 weeks. Jason should have been going home this week, but Cody blew up his alliance. Raven has a good spot in the house, but the showmance will put a target on her back. Ramses is the typical "superfan" right now. He will float along probably until jury, but will need a huge winning streak from there (like Ian) to get into the endgame.

12. Paul. Didn't like Paul in his season, and this ranking is mostly personal. I don't like vets returning, and they normally ruin what made them great from their original season. Paul will do that as well. Has a good spot in the house as of now, but that safety runs out and he will be harpooned.

13. Jillian. Worthless pre-jury boot just waiting to happen. Brings nothing to the table really. I know people didn't like her preseason since she was a Trump voter, but I don't care about any of that. Christmas seems to be a Trump voter as well, and I have her highly ranked. Jillian just isn't really that likable.

14.Cody. Talk about a power trip. I liked this guy at first, but he is playing way too hard, way too fast. It makes for good TV. I get his move to go after Paul, but to go against a big alliance in week 1 is just an absolute dumb move.

15. Jessica. Her game isn't as blown up as Cody's, but by being in a showmance with him, everyone will assume she feels the same way he does. She is also just a mean girl, and I don't like them. Especially when they have done nothing but put out on National TV.

Comment

Christmas needs 7 votes?

Comment

• NJRUBBfan
            NJRUBBfan commented
            Editing a comment
            yes.. 15 players.. 2 Noms and Cody don't vote..

• joebourg62
            joebourg62 commented
            Editing a comment
            6 for a tie, 7 to win

• Walleye
            Walleye commented
            Editing a comment
            She needs 7. If it's 6, Cody votes her out.

It is interesting to see the fractures in the house happen so early on. I think that Cody put a huge target on his back and seemingly lost all of his allies with his move yesterday. I'm not sure it was a move that will pay off for him in the end. I don't know why Alex and Jason were worth alienating most of his alliance. And it isn't going to pay off for him in the end. If Alex wins HOH this coming week, there is still a good chance that she will try to get Cody out of the house, regardless of what assurances she gave him.

I will say that Cody did get the raw end of the HOH deal with week. Has the first HOH ever had to nominate FIVE people before? I don't think that has ever happened. He had to nominate over 1/4th of the house already. That is crazy. However, if I were him, I would have gone the easy route instead of taking a major shot and risk having it backfire on me. The problem with Cody's plan is that the didn't have an accurate gauge on his alliance. Without asking ANYONE, he just assumed that if Paul was on the block that he would have the votes to get him out of the house. And I don't think that was the case either. I don't think that Matt, Rave, Elena, Mark and Dominique would have wanted to vote out Paul. That is FIVE votes already to keep Paul in the house. If he had actually talked to his alliance he would have been able to see that nominating Paul so early was not a good idea. Cody's downfall will be his belief that his core alliance will go along with whatever he says and that isn't the case, frequently, in Big Brother.

As for the showmances, I am not sure about them at all. Cody and Jessica are the closest showmance team at this point. Jessica is willing to do whatever Cody wants her to do and she will protect him in whatever way that she has to at this point, even to the detriment of her own game. I think that Mark likes Elena much more than she likes him and that doesn't always work out so well. It also seems like, Elena would rather be in a showmance with Matt than Mark. And that could be a big problem further down the road. And I don't fully understand the Raven/Matt showmance. All I can see from them is sitting next to each other and sleeping in the same bed. Other than that, I don't see any romantic connection between the two of them. I think Matt feels protective of her but I don't know that it goes much further than that. However, I could be wrong, I just don't see it. I will say, gamewise, Matt/Raven seem to be on the page the most gamewise. They both have the same opinions of who they want to stay between Jillian/Christmas and they seem to talk about what they want to see happen moving forward. Cody/Jessica definitely aren't on the same page, even though Jessica will go along with what Cody wants right now. And Mark/Elena aren't on the same page either. And who knows how Mark will ultimately vote.

And everyone keeps saying that getting out Jillian,Jason, Ramses and Kevin can wait awhile as they can get them out anytime, but that isn't always the case. Think about how often, someone like that makes it to the end of the game. Paul said as much when he was talking about how James made it to the Final 3 last year. He said there were just bigger targets ahead of James to take out and before he knew it, James had landed himself in the Final 3 spot. I know that people tend to try to carry someone like that to the end as it is considered an "easy" win the F2, but that doesn't always work out either.

This season seems to be getting off to a pretty good start though. I like that they have started playing early and that they are playing hard. It makes watching the live feeds a lot more interesting.

Comment

• misscmm
            misscmm commented
            Editing a comment
            Didn't Jess say Paul was to her what Alex is to Cody to Cody? So another assumption, by Cody, that she would have also been in line to get rid of Paul when he made his "power" move. (Another one who doesn't listen because his head is too big for the doorway?)

Why did Cody keep saying he's happy that the target is now on him, that was his plan... ?

i don't think his plan was to make himself a big target, but he seemed to keep saying it and that he's happy about it?

While I understand what he was wanting to do, his execution was a total fail on a few levels, the main one that was in his control was talking to (not talking to) his 'alliance'. That Paul has safety was out of Cody's hands, but he could have targeted anyone, and in a different way.

Interesting how he said - later - that if anyone wanted to know what his plans were, all they had to do was ask - he had flat out refused to tell anyone anything, and the hamsters know this.

I dont know, just strange to me.

Comment

• sofieckcs
            sofieckcs commented
            Editing a comment
            Cody is saying he's "happy the target is on him" for the same reason Paul says he wouldn't have won BB18 if he took James. They are both arrogant and aren't willing to admit to a mistake and think if they say it, others will believe it.

It's a thin line from confidence to arrogance and both Cody and Paul have crossed that line.

• KittyBoodles
            KittyBoodles commented
            Editing a comment
            Ahh. Thanks! Makes a lot of sense.

Originally posted by maxxum26 View Post
          1. Has anybody even considered that there will be a buyback this season? They have had a buyback for how many straight seasons now? At least since 14, there has been a buyback every year. Now they also have a person leave this year without an eviction, there has to be a buyback. I hope someone is realizing this when making decisions on how to vote not only this week, but in the next 3 weeks at least.
          Unfortunately, there will be one. Personally, I would rather see one less double eviction than bringing back an evicted HG.

Also, Megan is out of the house and immediately started tweeting.
          Cameron is totally silent.

Comment

I am pretty sure that at least one HG will be returning. Megan leaving probably throws a wrench in their plans so there may be more than one person returning. Cameron hasn't been heard from since he left the BB house. My guess is that he is being sequestered and will get a chance earn the right to come back into the house. And I actually hope that Cameron gets to go back into the house because he really did get a raw deal, especially seeing as Megan walked a couple of days later.

Comment

Christmas is in the backyard saying she broke her foot and Jason has gone to tell production. Then, fish.

Comment

• joebourg62
                joebourg62 commented
                Editing a comment
                Wow, if she ends up in a cast, this could be a total game changer. They might keep her after all.

• Walleye
                Walleye commented
                Editing a comment
                Or they might say get rid of her lol.

Man, the cast is cursed.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X