This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Feed Discussion - July 25, 2017

Here's where you can discuss what's happening on the Live Feeds.
    Please note that this forum will contain SPOILERS.
    Please stay on topic within this thread.

For off topic conversations, and for catching up with your BBU friends, please use the BBU CAFE Thread.

If you haven't signed up for the Live Feeds (CBS ALL Access) you can CLICK HERE or click on any of the banners to get signed up and help support this website at the same time. (CBS ALL Access) also has many other great features to check out. Note that BBU only gets credit for NEW subscriptions so you would need to sign up using a new email address in order for BBU to get credit. Thanks!

Live Feeds not for you?
    Like the Live Feed Discussions?
    Like the Live Feed Updates?

Another great way to help support all that we do here is by clicking our PayPal Button. - You don't need a PayPal account to donate.

Thanks for any support you can give!

Reminder to everyone: If your concerns are about a post, please use the Flag button and state your reason for flagging the post in that Flag Report and someone will look into it. Do not email Mods or Administrators directly. Flag Reports go to all Moderators and Administration, not just on the site but via email also. Do not expect that everything will go your way or that it will immediately be taken care of. It will be looked into and taken care of as soon as possible. None of us are paid here therefore we all have our own lives outside of BBU including jobs and/or children and/or just plain life. Sending a Mod or Administrator a direct email about a post/poster will not speed things up or necessarily have the outcome you expect. Only send direct emails for link approvals, questions you're unable to find the answer to on the site, letting Lexie know of a donation you've made and things of that nature. Note that excessive flagging of posts that are not found to be against BBU rules could lead to your member account being suspended or banned. A couple examples of reasons to Flag: Someone attacking another member here directly or someone using racism, homophobia, or any other kind of hate speech against a group of people. If you hit "Flag" by accident (like while trying to hit "Like" ), no big deal, we understand. It happens sometimes. I've even done it myself. Just let us know. Thank you.

Comment

Good morning, everyone!

Another day in the Big Brother house.

Will Josh throw a tantrum? Will Jessica and Cody or Matt and Raven make out? Will Paul say the word, "friendship"?

Stay tuned to find out!

Comment

• Walleye
        Walleye commented
        Editing a comment
        None of these things ever happens...

• BettyBoo
        BettyBoo commented
        Editing a comment
        You could have posted a ****SPOILER ALERT***** warning! 😉

Dropping in to say Good Morning!

KennyERJ- the answer to all of the above is .....of course they will!

Comment

It is that time in the Big Brother season when I feel the show becomes a train wreck. There are people still on that I like to watch and some that make me turn the channel. Josh is not my cup of tea. Every time he opens his mouth I do turn to another channel. I'm not sure if he is a bully or just a puppet, either way he is the source of a lot of discomfort in the house. I have not seen any intelligence, intelligent moves or conversation by Josh, he cannot fly under the radar, he does not manipulate the game in any way. He reacts to the way his perceptions or suggestions (orders) from some. Josh is what he is, he makes my skin crawl, not worth my time.

Most of the females in the house remind me of the different cliques in Junior High School, us vs them with nothing in the middle. There is not one female I will root for at this time. None have grown up enough to interest me. Snarking, lying and playing nasty games went out the window for me years ago.

If I have to choose a house guest to root for at this moment it would be Jason. While he is not the most skillful in the game of Big Brother, he has staying power and abilities others have yet to notice. I like Kevin but something seems a bit off to me.

Paul just needs to go. I didn't like his game last year and I darned sure do not like it this year. He manipulates others to play the way he wants them to. If someone (worm) does not follow Paul's rules to the "T", he campaigns against the worm to his "flock" to get rid of them. Does that make Paul a good player? To some I'm sure it does, to me, Paul's game is make a Kingdom and play the king. Honestly I get enough kingdom makers at work, it doesn't entertain me at all.

Comment

• BettyBoo
          BettyBoo commented
          Editing a comment
          Paul is playing to win. Most of them are thrilled to be on tv and have an extended paid vacation. His style reminds me of Derrick, picking those who either endanger or do not follow him. But for sure Production did give him a headstart Derrick didn't have, but they did the same for the retreads last year.

• BBtime
          BBtime commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't get it, don't they understand what Paul is doing, and they should get him out soon. Nooo they listen to him and he's running the house. And that Josh... everytime he opens his mouth I fast forward, can't stand him. Not liking anyone very much in this crowd yet.

Good Morning All,

Well, I've watched every season in there entirety (except that crazy winter version - if you watched you understand lol), but I've never seen a player be allowed to do what Jessica did last night by lying about her power: She told Kevin she is safe for 4 weeks & can replace both nominees. In the past players have immediately been called out for using production as strategy, been called to the DR & been made to fess up to their lies. EDITED TO ADD: I just read she told Kevin if the HOH puts her up THEY are who gets punished (so, it's even worse then I originally thought - b/c she's telling him she will take over the HOH & the HOH replaces her & whoever she wants on block). This is so beyond acceptable - her goal is to make no one want to win HOH clearing the way for Cody to win & in the event he doesn't win she's threatening she'll put them up if they nominate her or Cody.

Like him or not there is a difference in what Paul is doing be saying he can beat Cody (he is referring to Xmas power that can stop him from competing if his name is pulled to play in POV). In this instance he is referring to something he knows, but he isn't blatantly lying. Nor when he says it should be a memory comp next (based on his previous experience) a lie - it's conjecture. If he were to say "I know for a fact we are playing this particular comp next b/c TPTB told me" that would be a lie & he would get called out for it. It may be annoying he uses "I've played before, so that's what I think will happen" it's something all returning vets say & even super fans allude to in terms of what's happened in the past.

What Jess is doing is trying to ensure neither she or Cody get nominated for 4 weeks & is threatening if they do she gets to replace the nominees. That in itself could change the vote & nominations for 4 weeks. It should not be allowed & now that it's traveled from Kevin to Jason to Alex/Xmas & Paul it's gone far enough into the house this needs to be nipped in the bud.

I get many aren't fans of Paul (and believe me I can relate), but until he outright lies he's playing within the parameters of acceptable game play. If Jess had said to Kev I won the temptation & people need to be careful b/c I can change the direction of the game that would be acceptable. She can also tell exactly what the power is, but she should not be allowed to lie in this way to change the overall direction of how her housemates vote & nominate. Her goal is to force the house into voting out Josh & then for the next 3 weeks keep her/Cody off the block (or to get them to Final 8 untouched). This for me is such a blatantly unacceptable move. It's on par with Paul standing up & saying you can't vote me out for 4 weeks & I can replace any of your nominations at any time I want. Everyone would have been pissed if that happened too (or at least I would have).

Ultimately, I don't think it's a smart move by Jess either. Regardless of whether she gets called out or not it will hurt her once the house learns how devious she is & to what level she is willing to delve to in order to manipulate. There are so many better ways she could have used this advantage & planted seeds, but IMHO this will hurt her more than help her in the long run.
        Last edited by TTOTambz; 07-25-2017, 08:47 AM.

Comment

• TTOTambz
          TTOTambz commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes Luanne, wasn't it something tied to Frank & DaVonne said production had spoken to her about it (so she could make it seem like a bigger deal) wasn't that it?

Also, to my knowledge b/c this was a special 'hidden power' TPTB DO NOT have to tell the house guests what the power is. Now that Jess has said it's something it isn't perhaps that changes.

• Border57
          Border57 commented
          Editing a comment
          Anyaspapa, I don't know. I'm just going by the idea that once she has revealed that she has the temptation and 'what the temptation is', they should be able to clarify it in the DR. If she said nothing, then Production would have no reason to reveal anything and would stonewall anyone who asks about it. But that's just my guess. Probably wrong. Usually am.

• LCnSummer
          LCnSummer commented
          Editing a comment
          Way behind. Just read your first post of the day... Lol.

Oh man there are so many ways she could have used the temptation as a CARROT vs her ridiculous attempt to use it as a stick!

Some other interesting tidbits:

For some reason Jess has not figured out the Alex/Jason/Paul/Kevin alliance & it's throwing her & Cody off in their game strategy. Their plan is if either couple wins (Malena/Maven) to get them to nom Alex/Jason but if Alex/Jason or Kevin win to put up Christmas & Ramses (who'll be gone) to backdoor Paul or put Xmas/Paul straight up & have Xmas play up she's injured.

Jess is adamant Alex needs to go next, while Cody wants Paul gone (ideally via his hand & ideally via a backdoor situation only).

The problem with their thinking is they don't recognize there is the 4 some above connected as well to Maven/Xmas & Josh. This group plan is to target Jody & Malena and then Alex wants to take out Kevin (though she vacillates on Josh as well).

Of the bigger group there are some interesting pairings b/c Alex would prefer to keep Xmas around since she knows they are close, whereas Jason prefers Kevin/Josh to Xmas (and I think Paul, though he also vacillates on Paul). Josh continues to be a wild card who appears to be aligned most closely with Jason but as of last night Xmas is his ride or die b/c she took the time to talk to him. He wants Xmas/Jason/Paul & Kevin as his F5.He recognizes Alex will be gunning for him & told Xmas that Alex is an adept liar.

Matt & Raven are definitely closest with Paul & although Raven has shown jealousy toward Xmas I think they would prefer a F4 with Xmas/Paul.

I think Xmas is true to Paul based on his early game heroics to save her as well as Kevin & Alex. She'll want Jason gone first from their big group.

As for Paul my initial post which cited Kevin/Alex as his top allies proved correct in his friendship talk, although as they draw nearer to game end if Jody/Malena are gone I could see him targeting first Jason (b/c of his ties to Alex/Kevin) & then break up Maven followed by Alex (all ideally via others hands). I doubt any of them want to take Raven to the end based on her illness (whether real or not) but I do think Paul would prefer having Xmas or Josh over Alex the longer the game goes.

Fun to think this far ahead, but for now Paul, Alex, Jason, Malena & Jody remain the targets. Kevin, Xmas, Maven & even Josh are safer than most think simply b/c they aren't a pair though each have people who they are top targets for.
        Last edited by TTOTambz; 07-25-2017, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Kevin and paul say ramses won 25k to get him out when kevin did. That is flat out lying about one of the twists. Jess is safe for four weeks. She is hoh this week so is safe and can halt the eviction the next three. She might not be able to replace the noms but she can stop them. You can interpret her hex to mean that she can replace the noms because they dont count. I dont think she talked about production or used production as a strategy . Paul wasnt talking about christmas veto power in what i heard. Matt was saying they sucked in comps and cant win an hoh. Paul said he can beat cody for reasons he cant disclose. People in survivor use fake idols. Really what about Pauls letter from home too where his mother was telling him to watch out for kevin the old one ? If u remember on the episode production omitted that part on show when reading hoh letter. those arent the names of his pets. I thought that was blatently cheating more than what jess is doing. Paul is getting a taste of his own medicine.
          Last edited by Bbfanbb; 07-25-2017, 10:39 AM.

Comment

• Anyaspapa
            Anyaspapa commented
            Editing a comment
            Was it for three weeks or four? I thought Bbfan was correct and it was four evictions. Also, did it clarify weeks or evictions?

• TTOTambz
            TTOTambz commented
            Editing a comment
            It was 4 (I think they said evictions) so last week & this week count as 2 leaving another 2 weeks she can use it. As for lying it's part of the game & I get it. I don't agree with Paul's finagling either I find the part where Jess is trying to plant the HOH would be the one punished to be the big problem I have with her lie.

Paul & Kevin telling people they think Ramses won the $25k is once again conjecture. And I'm probably biased on this particular Jess incident b/c I feel it affects people trying to win HOH in fear of being ousted if they do. And again, I'm not against Jess lying or using her power to gain an advantage I just think 1) it's wrong to lie that she can replace the noms & 2) it hurts her game. Since she's proven herself to be a competitor & good manipulator why not use those smarts to plant seeds of fear. Jess could have accomplished the same result without lying to this degree IMHO.

• ~smee~
            ~smee~ commented
            Editing a comment
            You are right, @TTOTambz,that this probably is not good strategy for Jessica; but at least she is trying, which is more than a lot of these doofuses (and I call them that with the utmost of respect and love - ha!)

What i really want to see is production or someone to say there is no more jury house this year. They will all be in sequester with no massages or coitus ( love sheldon big bang) or interaction with eachother. Maybe some of them will actually start playing the game and get their head out of pauls ass.
          Last edited by Bbfanbb; 07-25-2017, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• Border57
            Border57 commented
            Editing a comment
            With the cast they'd have now they'd probably all walk out the door and quit! Would be funny, though!

• Walleye
            Walleye commented
            Editing a comment
            Or tell them it's five.

I've been watching BB for years and all though I don't watch the feeds, I do keep up with live feeds on this site and others. So when I read posts about HG lying, I can't get upset about it, because lying is a big part of BB. Every year the HG lie about something to protect them or help to move forward in the game. I can honestly say I would do the same thing in order to help me win $500,000.00. However, what I do have a problem with is production manipulating the game in order to get their favorites to move on. I for one would love to know what their actual DR sessions are all about. I think it was either Cody or Elana who Saud they had a 3 hour DR session. What could they have possibly talked about for 3 hours if production wasn't getting involved?

Comment

• Border57
            Border57 commented
            Editing a comment
            Talking somebody down off the ledge? I imagine the place is a pressure cooker, and the DR is the only outlet for a lot of feelings. Maybe sometimes it's just a gossip session without it being game related at all.

• Bbfanbb
            Bbfanbb commented
            Editing a comment
            If elena was in there for three hours she was probably having sex with the production crew. If it was cody they probably needed a thousand takes of something he said for the show because be showed no emotion or a cold face when saying it.
            Last edited by Bbfanbb; 07-25-2017, 05:07 PM.

I originally thought Jess should not be allowed to do what she did. After seeing what other people think, I am not sure of that anymore. I am not sure it is going to help her anyway. I suspect the other hamsters may just flush out the power while they have numbers to minimize the damage. It would be funny if Josh wins HOH and then Jess plays the Halting Hex on his noms as he would surely put them up. Jody would be safe for a week but the power would be gone.

Comment

• DisMom
            DisMom commented
            Editing a comment
            I suspect that if Cody doesn't win HoH he's going on the block.

I hate wasted weeks in the house and the Hex will cause just that-wasted week of HoH, veto, and drama. I have to say though that of all of the HoH's to be wasted, Josh's would be the best. Can you imagine the fallout and temper tantrum? I think we'd have more than mic's being thrown in the pool!

Good morning everyone. I remember in BB 11 Kevin and Natalie told a big lie to Jordan which she believed. Don't remember now what it was but I fumed and fumed about it. She ended up winning so karma does come into play.

Paul already told Kevin he doesn't believe what Jessica told him and neither do Xmas and Alex. Anxious to see if it comes up today.

Comment

• JeanK
            JeanK commented
            Editing a comment
            I remember that, they lied and said someone did or said something and they didn't. I can picture greasy dirty smelly Gnatalie and Kevin laughing about it over a small table then later on some kind of futon looking thing. I was furious.

I personally cannot wait for Jess and Cody to be split up again. Just the sight of those two turns my stomach. They have known each other for weeks and are acting like the world will end if they are separated for a day or two. Especially Cody....he talks about how hard it was to be away from Jess for a couple weeks, yet he doesn't even want a picture of his daughter. His priorities are quite screwed up.

Comment

• Phyretrucks
            Phyretrucks commented
            Editing a comment
            You have absolutely no idea why Cody may or may not want a picture of his daughter in the Big Brother house. To judge him as a father based on his gameplay in a reality show isn't fair.

• Border57
            Border57 commented
            Editing a comment
            I think he said he doesn't want his daughter exposed to the publicity. Not the worst thing. As far as killing them if they aren't together, well, they are very young. LOL!

• Anyaspapa
            Anyaspapa commented
            Editing a comment
            Phyretrucks, I respect your opinion that it may not be fair; I am just putting myself in that place as a father. That, too, might be unfair because I don't believe I would be googoo gaagaa in love with a complete stranger after a couple weeks. I just believe that if he wanted to truly keep her out of the spotlight, he shouldn't have signed up for the show. I don't know him at all, but I think we all judge the HG in ways that others might not view as fair. I apologize if you found my initial post offensive, but I stand behind what I said.

Jess is planning on using the next when she and Cody are on the block. I wonder if she'll use it if it's only Cody on the block. She'll have to realize she can't use it again and she will be vulnerable.

Comment

• TTOTambz
            TTOTambz commented
            Editing a comment
            I wondered precisely the same thing. Because potentially she saves him, they both go on the block & then he wins POV & takes himself off -she would be the one evicted. Almost hope it happens so we get to see if she's in it to win it.

Cody made breakfast for the house?!?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X