This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Feed Discussion - July 31

Here's where you can discuss what's happening on the Live Feeds.
    Please note that this forum will contain SPOILERS.
    Please stay on topic within this thread.

For off topic conversations, and for catching up with your BBU friends, please use the BBU CAFE Thread.

If you haven't signed up for the Live Feeds (CBS ALL Access) you can CLICK HERE or click on any of the banners to get signed up and help support this website at the same time. (CBS ALL Access) also has many other great features to check out. Note that BBU only gets credit for NEW subscriptions so you would need to sign up using a new email address in order for BBU to get credit. Thanks!

Live Feeds not for you?
    Like the Live Feed Discussions?
    Like the Live Feed Updates?

Another great way to help support all that we do here is by clicking our PayPal Button. - You don't need a PayPal account to donate.

Thanks for any support you can give!

Morning all.

Veto ceremony today. I don't think Paul is going to use the veto. Jess is about 50/50 on using the hex so we will see what happens on Thursday. I kind of want her to use it for the drama and to take it out of the mix.

Comment

Jess is right - if she, Mark or Cody win HOH - they are locked for jury as they wouldn't put each other up for eviction next week and so would all be there the following week.

I'm really not thrilled with any of the players this year. I liked Christmas and Alex coming in as well as Cody and Mark as he's from my hometown but can't say I have any favorites now. I dropped the feeds because the people are as boring as they were in Derrick's season.

Paul is playing a good game but only because he's been blessed by production. He had 3 safe weeks to worm himself into the group and he had the friendship bracelets he handed out. Had he not had these advantages - I think he would have been gone within a week or two after he re-entered the house. Just because he's a "vet" doesn't mean he knows the game. We've had "vets' evicted because they never learned from playing the game the first time around and I think Paul is making the same mistakes as well as boasting too much. At first he was offering advice because of his previous experiences - now he expects for others to do what he says. The only thing I like about the guy is that he likes animals. You either love him or hate him - but more people on forums are upset at the advantages they feel he has gotten. Had production brought in someone like Victor, Donnie, James - that people actually liked - I don't feel there would be so many turned off from this season but then we wouldn't have the fireworks Paul brings.

Comment

Good Morning All and Happy Monday,

I had such a hectic weekend and have to catch up. I know Jody OTB, Paul has Veto. I assume Josh is still being an A$$Hat and I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Mark is somewhere pouting and Matt has an orange shirt on. Off to see what I've missed.....

Comment

This is all I keep hearing in my head:

Should I stay or should I go now?
          Should I stay or should I go now?
          If I go there will be trouble
          An' if I stay it will be double
          So come on and let me know

Comment

• DisMom
            DisMom commented
            Editing a comment
            Who's singing this Cody or Jess? Either way, thanks, cause now it's in my head too

• BettyBoo
            BettyBoo commented
            Editing a comment
            Cody singing, but sure reflects decision making process of both Paul and Jessica has they try to out-chess each other.

Catching up with BBAD and its more yadda yadda

Jess wrestles Cody into submission.
          Paul trying to wrestle Jess into submission.
          Christmas wants to wrestle anyone into submission.

Raven screaming shrilly in tongues while Matt giggles at the performance act.

Mark pouts about Elena pouting.

Jason tells poop stories from eating it to hiding it in people's vehicles.

Kevin plays the crazy Don performance.

Josh goes from sweet to wacko.

And Alex keeps volunteering to be the pawn

Comment

Can he be any more of a tool. He is so immature, and really not funny.

Comment

• KennyERJ
              KennyERJ commented
              Editing a comment
              Moved this here as discussions aren't allowed in the LF Updates topic. So people know what joahnn00 was talking about, this was a response to Paul putting Vaseline on the handle of the coffee scooper.

• joahnn00
              joahnn00 commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry about that Kenny, I thought I was in the discussion area. 😊

I'm probably in the minority, but I'm getting bored with Jessica being coy about the hex (although has she finally said to Paul exactly what it is?) and if she's going to use it or not, and is Paul going to come up with another scheme to out her and Cody or not dealing with the hex. It seems like this has been going on for two months. People say it's the Paul Show? No, it's the Paul, Cody, and Jessica Show, and Production is running everything like they always do. And she's going to use the Hex, and we'll be treated to yet another week of the same thing because all three will still be there next week.

I wish Paul had kept his mouth shut before, kept Dom and sent Jessica home, because then Cody wouldn't have come back into the house and we'd have gotten to see what Cameron could have done. Hindsight, 20-20 and all that.

OK, I guess I'm done ranting for the time being.

Oh, good morning, everyone.

Comment

Morning all,

Hope you all had a great weekend.

So Monday morning musings mostly focus on Jess.

I want to like her, I honestly do. I've vacillated back & forth so much, but her recent actions put me off, especially yesterday. Everything she does seems to undermine her own game. Plus she does have a superiority complex. She aligned with Cody & Paul early thinking she had the strongest male & the vet protecting her. She stuck by Cody early which is commendable, but since then many of her moves were self sabotaging or similar to that of a spoiled child's temper tantrum.

As of last night she wanted Cody & Marlena to go into the DR & DEMAND for Josh to be ousted from the house or threaten they would all walk off the show if denied. I get he's annoyed them, but this is akin to her personal dislike for Alex. She wants Josh gone b/c of his actions BUT let's be honest it has more to do with her not getting her way on her HOH. He's not bothering them at all anymore.

She wants Alex gone simply b/c of jealousy (Cody respect/Alex reintegrating to a power position). And perhaps this is a personal vendetta between the girls, but Alex gave Jess a shot during her HOH & repeatedly caught Jess lying when the olive branch was extended (not just about the cat ears, but on game related items). During her HOH she sent out a missive on her desires & was disgusted the house wouldn't just do her bidding. Not once, did she take ownership for not playing the game all week to ensure her desire worked. Upon learning she wouldn't get her way she said I'll look like a fool & "my legacy" will be tarnished.

Today her demands to not use the hex were 2 weeks of safety, Alex to be voted out (her addendum was to be removed from the block with the intention of trying to get the DR to allow her to change the rules & let her use the hex after the vote). And now sensing the house may do her bidding to oust Alex she also wants Josh to be thrown out by TPTB. Jess better wise up real quick b/c if she threatens to walk off the show & continues to instigate a coup for Cody/Marlena to follow suit TPTB will make sure she is dealt with swiftly. That is to say.. after production tells her she signed a contract & will be in breach if she walks off (for these reasons ie: not health related) she can expect no more benefits like the hex (ie: I still believe she didn't win the Hex based on her popularity at the time) & TPTB will go out of their way to ensure her departure is sooner rather than later.

For all the angst & annoyance at Paul can you imagine if Jess was the vet? IMHO her actions are those of someone who believes she is the star of the show & her expectations are unrealistic. I listen to her conversations & they always seem to stem from what her desires are. If Paul is guilty of pushing his own agenda, Jess isn't far behind him. The difference is Jess dictates, she never actively tries to satiate her allies. It's what she wants - end of discussion. Everything has happened "to her", but I'd bet there isn't one player in the house (Paul included) who feels they haven't had to compensate in one way or another. Her empathy level is also low.

Week 1 when she was in charge she had no issues leading the mean girl group & making fun of Megan or Alex. She also had no issues with Megan's departure or egging her on. But, since Cody is her ally. the house should be more sensitive (although I do agree with this). My point is she plays the game with such blinders on when it comes to hypocrisy it makes it hard to get behind a desire for her to go far.

For as much as she had the potential to be a great player, I'm now hoping Paul removes Jason from the block, convinces Jess to not use the hex & then they vote her out. Cody may not be the most social guy, but at this stage I'd rather him stay over her.

Other Musings:
              As for the other most dominant player Paul's friendship is showing cracks. The thing is for as much as people may be talking I doubt it will pick up much steam.

Christmas is complaining about Paul (interesting this coincided with her being put on slop). Much like her blow up at Cody - this is yet another example of how Xmas plays. Many in the house are not fond of her & all it would take from Paul is an update that her name is being tossed around by many & she'll fall back in line.

Kevin: is the most intriguing & confusing. Doesn't he know Alex & Maven aren't keen to keep him around long or that Paul will battle for him to stay above all others? AND doesn't he recognize if he stabs Paul in the back his game will be exposed ($25k & hinky votes). Once trust is lost it's hard to win back, so even players like Jason, Josh, Xmas & even Jody would not receive this information well. And, while Kevin did test Jason discussing ousting Paul he's more concerned about breaking Maven up (specifically Raven) b/c he knows she didn't include him in her F5

Ultimately, I don't see Maven turning on Paul ever. Nor do I think Elena would turn on him b/c he is her bridge to the bigger group. Knowing w/o him in the game she loses insight will make her want to stay true to him. My sense is Alex will keep Jason in line to retain him & someone will point out the minute Paul leaves Jody can take back control with Marlena running back to them. Additionally, with Elena pulling in Josh that makes booting Paul a very dangerous prospect for Maven/Alex/Jason/Kev. Moreover, if Paul leaves the big target standing in front of them is gone making all of them more at risk. And, has anyone considered all the information Paul has about each & everyone of them? If Paul gets a whisper of anything being up he can blow up 80% of the house's games. He knows who Alex/Jason/Kevin/Xmas/Maven/Marlena & Josh all want out & has secrets he's carrying from all of them. Risking ousting him is akin to setting off world war 3 in the BB house & I think that will make each person antsy to risk that happening.

Mark is so transparent in his strategy & actions. When he feels powerful he ignores everyone, is demonstrative in his comments & outward actions. When he feels threatened he recoils into a curled up baby mode. Perfect example was as Elena was distancing herself he was like a little boy with her. But, the minute he won safety his demeanor changed with him being less friendly to Elena & again overtly spoke negatively in group settings about taking someone out. He plays on a day to day basis with no view to the marathon BB is. Does he not recognize Alex & Jason will be told of how gung ho he was to oust Alex given that opportunity (with the fake group agreement to do so for Jess not to play the Hex). All he had to do is agree with the group, there was no need to jump on it with such vigor. He wonders why he's a constant target & that is precisely why. He has zero loyalty to anyone but himself.

POV Ceremony, coming eviction & HOH:

Moving forward it feels like this coming POV ceremony/eviction will be pivotal to how the house aligns. The correct strategy for Paul is to keep Jess on the block & remove Jason to show his loyalty to that group & to keep the option open on who to evict if Jess doesn't use the hex. Side note: I found it odd (& a poor decision) she told Paul she was seeing if she could play the hex after the votes b/c it raised suspicion on why she would need to do that unless she planned to go back on her word to make him look like a fool.

It's likely TPTB will push for Jess to use the Hex .. BUT if she keeps making demands & threats they'll let her walk out the door & simply figure out another way to get back on schedule.

In terms of the next HOH Josh/Alex/Paul will always be a target of Jody as will Jody/Mark to the bigger group & some properly placed notes about Xmas can also move her up the target list. Kevin could be a hinky vote, but I don't see Josh abandoning ship just yet so Paul has a solid Maven, Alex, Jason, Josh, Elena in his corner & the probability of Jason/Alex making sure Kevin stays loyal to them. Even Kevin who likes to take chances won't want to risk losing their loyalty to be at the bottom of the other totem pole.
              -----------------------------------

So, maybe not the common consensus but that's where I'm at today. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Comment

• herms is here
                herms is here commented
                Editing a comment
                I totally agree with your take on Jessica. She is definitely coming across as everyone should bow to her. Example being her comment when she won HOH, "we got our room back." It is not their room. Everyone has as much right to be there as they do.

I was reading about Jess and Paul making a deal to keep her safe for 2 weeks and ousting Alex in exchange for not using the Hex--is this a real deal or just something he is agreeing to? Please say he isn't serious about this

Comment

• DisMom
                DisMom commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks DanCuy, I didn't see him making that kind of deal against Alex. Does Alex know that he made this fake deal?

• TTOTambz
                TTOTambz commented
                Editing a comment
                Also DisMom there was discussion on whether they should vote out Cody or Jess. Paul correctly sees Jess could be more damaging to his game than Cody in that if she didn't use the Hex she'd still have it for another week plus he correctly sees Jess could slip back in with people easier than Cody & finally I think he is starting to recognize there is no way Jess will work with him. Not that Cody would either, but Cody doesn't have the ability to strategize or convince people to shift their votes.

• JeanK
                JeanK commented
                Editing a comment
                Paul asked Alex permission first

The only one in the house I like well because all else are sheep, is Cody. Reason for he sees Paul as the sociopath he is. Paul is slimy and disgusting. The other's I just can't how stupid can a person be.

Comment

Also, so tired of Cody being blamed for things he did not do. His big mistake was not gathering the sheep that first week and getting all their names down to back door Paul. They act like he nominated all of them. It has been a ridiculous game of Paul ever since. I Want Jess to use the Hex and Sincerely hope Cody or Jess win HOH the next two and then Mark as by then he will be back riding the cody train.

Comment

Regarding today's LFU that Paul put Vaseline on the coffee scoop and put it back in the container. Wanted to give a little backstory on that. He is doing that to annoy Cody. Night before last Paul put Vaseline on the coffee pot handle so that in the morning, Cody would be the one to grab it. He is the first one to make coffee. They also changed out the coffee so that Cody would be grabbing Decaf instead of Regular coffee. I know Alex and Josh are in on it, don't know who else. Paul said to tell the coffee drinkers the Regular coffee is behind the front container. Paul is doing all he can to annoy Cody. Cody didn't say anything when he grabbed the Vaseline covered coffee pot handle yesterday and he is oblivious that it is Decaf coffee.

Comment

• JeanK
                    JeanK commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I thought Paul did a door handle and coffee pot handle and switched coffee. I did not see anywhere that he put Vaseline on the scooper. Yucky. If he did do the scooper then Cody would know something's up and get a new can.

• JeanK
                    JeanK commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Never mind, lol, I found it. I'm over the stupid pranks.

After everything that transpired this weekend I am liking Cody more and loathing Jessica. All I can say regarding that relationship is RUN CODY, RUN!

Comment

• DisMom
                    DisMom commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Can't say I'm liking Cody any more than I did, but after reading more about Jess I don't have the same opinion of her. I really did think she could have been the one to beat. But her attitude is beyond reasonable. No way her and Cody will last outside the house.

• JeanK
                    JeanK commented
                    Editing a comment
                    They should both run the other way

If Paul manages to get Jess to not use her Hex and then they vote her out that's going to be AMAZING! I don't see her being that stupid, but I'm truly hoping that I'm wrong.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X