This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Feed Discussion - August 6

Here's where you can discuss what's happening on the Live Feeds.
    Please note that this forum will contain SPOILERS.
    Please stay on topic within this thread.

For off topic conversations, and for catching up with your BBU friends, please use the BBU CAFE Thread.

If you haven't signed up for the Live Feeds (CBS ALL Access) you can CLICK HERE or click on any of the banners to get signed up and help support this website at the same time. (CBS ALL Access) also has many other great features to check out. Note that BBU only gets credit for NEW subscriptions so you would need to sign up using a new email address in order for BBU to get credit. Thanks!

Live Feeds not for you?
    Like the Live Feed Discussions?
    Like the Live Feed Updates?

Another great way to help support all that we do here is by clicking our PayPal Button. - You don't need a PayPal account to donate.

Thanks for any support you can give!

Morning all.

I'm not sure we will see any drama today. What I think we will see with the near certainty that Jessica is going will be the others jockeying for position next week. We may see Josh feeling people out about voting out Elena, but I'm afraid that ship sailed because of Jess' attitude during the talk with Josh yesterday.

Comment

Good morning, Geo & all who follow!

Comment

Morning all,

Jess' inability (and Cody) to play the game is costing them the game PERIOD!

If they had bothered to interact & leave their room they could have picked up on the semantics in the house. If Jess had played nice with Josh he might have disclosed his true target was NOT her. Instead she chose to focus on early game stuff & refused to admit Cody has an issue with Josh beyond the golden apple or argument with Megan. (hello Jess you also had an argument with Megan which caused her to leave the game).

If Cody wasn't so close minded he would have taken Kevin up on his deal. Even if he had no intention on playing ball at least it would have forged a temporary bond & then if they had gone against it he could have outed Kevin/Alex/Jason/Paul to the others. If they had stuck to the deal it would have got him deeper in the game since those are the only players who seem to win anything.

Bottom line Jody sunk their own ship this week for Jess to exit & the only people they have to blame for it are themselves.

Not sure what occurred for Christmas to change her mind about using her power. Reading between the lines it seems it had to do with Paul's logic regarding the jury (Jody being 2 votes/Jody needing to be separated prior to jury). That, & possibly Jess herself implying Marlena/Jody were indeed a 4-some which made Xmas recognize the 2 most likely to win comps within that group were Jody, that plus the fact Marlena are both more malleable. In the end she used it.

Proving once more the superiority complex of Jody - when Xmas used her power Cody went on a big rant about Xmas cutting her up, name calling & how she isn't playing her own game. Their inability to separate personal from game has been their downfall.

Maven's target has grown exponentially b/c everyone is noting how they dart in & out of rooms to gather information & Matt in particular has shot up the ladder as a target.

Ironically Jody have discussed getting out Paul saying if Cody wins he'll nominate Raven/Alex & expecting Alex to win POV will then backdoor Paul. Problem with that thinking is Alex/Kevin/Jason & even Marlena will probably vote out Raven over Paul (again they have no grasp of the house).

Christmas who had been working Jess to align with her recognized fairly quickly Jody were not going to come over to work with her (even if she hadn't used her power) so she quickly abandoned the "get out Elena" idea with Josh, pointing out it would only put a target on the 2 of them (Josh & her) so they needed to forget about it & move onto the boot Jess train.

Alex & Jason were in HOH with Josh & it was interesting to see their faces as Josh talked game - both were soaking in his comments & catching how Josh repeatedly mentioned Xmas - Jason even told Josh he started flirting back with Xmas so he wouldn't be her target anymore. We'll have to see if Josh shares that intel with Xmas (I bet he won't). And, Josh slipped up several times saying things about Paul & how he "trust him BUT..." (I'm betting that WILL find it's way back to Paul.

So, as of today the house looks to have several blocks:

Whistle Nut Power Block: Alex| Jason | Paul | Kevin
        Secondary F6 Block: (this shifts depending on the week) Josh | Xmas | Raven
        House Secondary Targets (meaning Top Block desired targets): Elena | Mark | Matt (of these Mark is safest)
        Main Target: Cody

Comment

• Shmennifer
          Shmennifer commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree Jody shouldn't have isolated themselves but Jess is feeling like Mark and Elena being up on the block is due to them being connected to Jody, so she wouldn't have heard it as an opportunity but another slight against her and Cody.

• Shmennifer
          Shmennifer commented
          Editing a comment
          What's funny is how when the "power was on the other foot" Jody acted so smug!

I have to say I am super proud of Mark sticking to his guns and taking himself off the block!

Comment

• DisMom
          DisMom commented
          Editing a comment
          Babben you are correct. You have to play parts of this game as a group, but the #1 rule is to keep your own butt out of the hot seat on Thursdays.

• Anyaspapa
          Anyaspapa commented
          Editing a comment
          I do agree it would be stupid and I also think most of them recognize that fact. I almost think they are just testing the water to see just how far their power extends to see who is most expendable. Sad thing is, if Mark doesn't use it, he appears more easily-manipulated, which would likely extend his time in the house. At the end of the day, I don't think anyone truly cares if he uses it, except Josh, who wants everyone to respect his HOH.
          Last edited by Anyaspapa; 08-06-2017, 12:30 PM.

• Luanne
          Luanne commented
          Editing a comment
          If he had been in on the vote to out Ramses over Josh, he might consider it. Since he is out of the larger group, and he knows that, he should not think twice about using it.

TTO is correct.with one of Maven going up as a replacement nom Jody could have swung the votes in their favor if Jess wasn't such a total bit... to Xmas and or Alex in the game. Kevin said he would vote for Jess, he especially would if Raven is on block becuse he's pissed at Raven for saying Kevin was not in final 5. Mark is not voting for Elena, Cody, they pull in a Jason who really I think Alex is wearing on him and Xmas/ Kevin are in a showmance and Xmas liked Jess up until yesterday she could have had a chance. She blew it. And she's not even trying to rally votes just pitying herself.
        I can't stand Jessica becuse she wastes so much freaking water. She sits there with the shower or tap on a good 25 minutes while she does her face. I want BB to tell her JESSICA STOP THAT. Do u know how many lakes LA dries out in the 'Sierras getting water to LA ? Has she ever heard of conservation ? Apparently Cody doesn't believe in global warming and Jess was laughing at him, well if you do believe about the environment sweetie TURN OFF THE WATER.
        Her attitude cost her the game. Go home and watch your man flirt with Alex on the feeds and don't do it with the water tap on.
        The good is thing a lot of people are wising up and talking game for themselves . Paul has realized it and is in everyone's faces even sleeping in HOH now so his dogs don't try to hop over the fence. They be sniffing out them other playgrounds though fo sure.
        Last edited by Bbfanbb; 08-06-2017, 09:11 AM.

Comment

• Border57
          Border57 commented
          Editing a comment
          I honestly don't blame Jessica for being angry and not recognizing the hand being held out. In her mind, everyone has been against them and lied constantly, so she doesn't want to be shot down again. Anger has pretty much taken over with her.

• Bbfanbb
          Bbfanbb commented
          Editing a comment
          I was with you Border57 for a long time and understood the anger and wanting to isolate/ vent to Cody before. but her back is completly up against the wall, she's had too many chances , and is choosing to not do anything and let these people win and take her man away. so that was it for me. (That and the water lol).
          Last edited by Bbfanbb; 08-06-2017, 10:38 AM.

• Luanne
          Luanne commented
          Editing a comment
          Their game could have been so different had the played the "social" part of BB. I think Kevin could talk Jason into the vote. That would be 3 votes. If he puts up Raven, Mark could be talked into voting for her. It could be done if they were willing to work it.

I couldn't of been more excited to finally see a change In The bb house I'm getting tired of Paul bashing cody and Jess 24/7 and telling everyone what to do to antagonize them especially Josh it's so frustrating that nobody will say "no" or "Paul Why don't you do it" its getting real old... Josh putting up Elena and Mark with Elena being the target yes!! Finally someone doing what THEY want for there game... of course its not going to happen because Jess and Cody just cannot get past working Anything out with josh so it looks like that will be done but who knows in this house everything changed so fast I'm hoping someone else goes home other then Jess, just to really make Paul mad.. Please put Raven up next I would LOVE to see Christmas or Paul go home!
        I agree so much that Jess and cody who want to stay so bad just don't understand NOW how important it is to just try to get along with Josh and a few others..
        when they go back and watch the feeds they are going to be so surprised knowing they were not the target's for Josh. I hope they don't continue to mess this up and we get some changes in the house. I want to see Paul and his minions crack!

Comment

Morning all,

Josh shows signs of HoHitis, Kevin outs Paul to Cody, and Jessica starts her march to Julie's couch.

Cody set the terms of his and Jessica's stay in the house during his first HoH, making his ill conceived strike at Paul and Xmas a litmus test of house loyalty to him, with Jess joining in on the terms of engagement, and the group of couples shoved backed, and have been continuing to push until finally one of them is going to leave. They have been terrible players, much worse together than apart, and as many have pointed out, isolating themselves and showing themselves to be emotional and selfish, as each turn of the wheel has crushed them. Jessica could have easily cut a deal last week to be pulled from the block, and agreed to not use the Hex, ensuring that she would have two weeks to re-integrate and build alternate alliances, but instead chose to double down with Cody. This week will likely see the end of the ill fated relationship, both in the game, and with any outside sanity, in real life.

Josh is starting to get a little to big for his position in the house, and if I was playing from Alex, Paul, even Xmas's position, I would be eyeing him for an early Jury boot. He made it painfully obvious that he wanted Jess to stay, despite what the rest of his "team" (Alex, Jason, Kevin, Xmas, Paul) were telling him, he kept persisting, giving one lame emotional reason after another for wanting Elena booted. It is not his desire to control his HoH that would worry me, but his emotional play, and target fixation on Elena, who is a 2nd tier player.

Xmas using her power to remove Cody from the Competition, had the desired effect, and Xmas realized that Mark/Elena should recognize that pulling him, helped them the most. Elena does, and has said so. Xmas should use this week to try to pull Elena/Mark closer to her, and with Josh, prepare for a time that either she will be on the block with Josh, or Paul. The key for Xmas is to get enough votes to lined up that she survives a matchup against those two players. Not sure she has the game awareness to realize that.

Kevin outed his connection to Paul, and therefore Paul's strong connection to Alex/Jason. Cody is aware of it now, but will he realize that he could use that info to influence Marlena/Maven in going after Paul? I am not sure he can/will, but it is a powerful piece of intel.

I don't expect much play today, other than Paul/Xmas/Alex/Josh pushing Mark to remain on the block. I don't expect it will work, but stranger things have happened in the BB house. I suspect Raven will be the renomination choice come Monday.

Paul, who has dominated the season, is in a good position to be a mid Jury boot, but I will actually be surprised if he makes it to the short game (F5) unless he wins himself there. While he is well positioned with Josh/Xmas and Alex/Jason/Kevin, he is in last place with both those groupings, and will be easy to boot at Final 7/F6. The key will be when the Marlena/Maven group gets broken up, either before Cody's exist, or after.

The game is about to get much more interesting as Matt/Raven and Mark/Elena have separated quite a bit, Alex's options have opened up, and Xmas can now position herself as an ideal third, easy to cut at the final HoH, as she won't be able to effectively compete in the last round of the game.

Comment

• KeninVA
            KeninVA commented
            Editing a comment
            Bbfanbb I agree. Xmas should be encouraging Mark to pull himself off the block, and use that to point out that it was the reason she pulled Cody, to give them a better chance to save themselves, and to ensure they could boot Jessica.

The more people who tell him that he should stay up on the block, the more it would become clear that there is an alternate agenda at work. If the stated goal is boot Jess, then whoever is on the block against her should be immaterial, but for a player to win safety and not use it, invites getting booted for being too stupid to keep their game life.

• TTOTambz
            TTOTambz commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey KeninVA

I've been anxiously awaiting your insight on the current status of the house. I was particularly eager to see your views on Xmas. My issue with her is while she has the capacity to make under the radar moves (like her initial association with Josh & interaction with Jess) she circumvents that ability with her need to be seen as a mover & shaker. The other issue is getting either Mark or Elena in her corner now will be difficult since Paul has worked them since game start. Mark in particular isn't a big fan of hers (a common bond he shares with Jason).

As for Paul the key for him will be making sure he keeps the partner of the couple most closely linked to him. Raven and Elena would be his choices, but if Jason is ousted it's conceivable he could also pull Mark to him. Personally I think beyond Cody the key boots for Paul are Matt, Jason & Xmas. Alex has stated on several occasions we HAVE to take Paul with us to F4. Kevin knows he's Paul's F2 but I think his preference is Jason - though the deeper those 4 get in the game I think Kevin will reassess to determine who is least popular. Kevin also makes silly choices at times & doesn't always have the best read (like believing Cody would work with Paul ummm have you seen Cody play? lol).

Ultimately, the game will determine how deep Paul gets... ie: if Paul can oust his desired targets, not be linked as the reason for them to their partners he may move up to be several players F2 preferences. For example, I could see Alex taking him if Jason was removed, likewise for Raven, & whoever remained of Marlena. Normally, I'd say that wasn't the case, but these players have not demonstrated much game smarts outside of Paul, Alex & Christmas, so Paul may not be in the same jeopardy he should be.

• Luanne
            Luanne commented
            Editing a comment
            Ken, I always enjoy your analysis of the game. It makes me look at it from a different angle.

I am going to make one comment on Paul's side that really irks me. Like them trying to get Mark to not use Veto or Jess not to use their hex. What makes them so much better than everyone that they can use their vetos temptations when they see fit and they can respect Christmas using hers as a game move but they can't respect Mark or Jess for using their powers in the game as game moves ? Christmas just sat there and played victim with Jess who was mad at her for using her hex veto with Christmas and house saying it was just a game move but then turned around last week and five minutes later and said that Jess and Mark couldn't use their powers for their game ? Even threatened them for using thieir powers or wanting to ??? Seriously ?..

Comment

• DisMom
            DisMom commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree and it's not isolated to one side. It's all of them. They are all the craziest people I think I've ever seen when it comes to this. Jess was so ticked off that she was going to have to use her Hex and not be able to save it. Then Paul was ticked off when she said she was going to use it. Object of the game is get to the final 2 seats, they all know this. How could any of them be mad that someone is saving or advancing themselves. Any of them wanting to use loyalty or "it's for the good of the team" is full of it. What would they do if it were their rear ends on the line? There has to be group play, but only one gets to cross the finish line.

• Bbfanbb
            Bbfanbb commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes both sides you are right dismom.

I am interested to see how Cody carries out his promise to tear up the house and intimidate everyone upon Jessica's departure.

Comment

• DisMom
            DisMom commented
            Editing a comment
            Given that he seems to be unable to have a conversation with anyone, maybe he's planning on some serious stare downs

• birdiefriend
            birdiefriend commented
            Editing a comment
            Good one, DisMom!!

Is anyone else excited beyond belief to see Cody and Jessica's faces when Christmas uses her ring of replacement? They were so smug with Jess' hex at the veto meeting with their speeches, I want to see their reaction when the power is against them. It is going to be glorious, especially now, knowing that Jess lost the veto comp.

Comment

• Bbfanbb
            Bbfanbb commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm with you Toober Paul ruined the season for me, dismom is right too many chances and blew it, am not a fan of seeing anyone cry or visably upset about anything so don't want to see anyone upset,

• Anyaspapa
            Anyaspapa commented
            Editing a comment
            After Jody's nastiness towards others, I will be happy to see them be taken out. Hopefully, they will learn that they cannot walk around treating other people like dirt. I doubt it though, since they are still thinking they are superior to the rest of the house. I normally don't like seeing others upset; but Cody and Jess started the season off as jerks, so it will be good to see them get their due.

I hope that those who are Jess fans might find a new HG to cheer for so that they can enjoy the rest of the season. I don't think Paul will make it to the end, so I will likely suffer the same fate soon as many will be cheering when he gets the boot.

• Shmennifer
            Shmennifer commented
            Editing a comment
            I am! I am! Especially when they were so smug when they announced their power!

I was watching something with Julie being interviewed on who was her favorite houseguest. She says she never likes to say because they always get evicted. she liked Cameron the best with everyone there, then she liked Dom , and I heard this week she really likes Jess. It's the Julie curse !,, She likes you your hexed and out !

Comment

• beckyd30
            beckyd30 commented
            Editing a comment
            From her mouth to TPTB ears to the guys who get to work the DR and change minds before vote night. May they all work together to keep the curse ALIVE, wish I could make that word look "scary" since that is the theme for the week. MAWAHAHA (spooky laugh - Not!)

Good morning! According to Kevin today is Half Way, so if correct, they should be having a party tonight.

I am glad to see they will not be torturing Mark into not using his Veto. Finally Paul told Josh just casually ask and if he says no, that's it. Paul explained to Josh that Mark is not his homie like they are so he would be more wary to not use it. They talked about both Matt and Raven volunteering, so he has an easy option.

OT... For Russell friends, Helen posted an update in The Cave.

Comment

• birdiefriend
            birdiefriend commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks, Lynette, I'll check it out

Have you guys read that Christmas said this in 2003 at a gay rights fesitval in Lynchburg when she went to VCU ??
          "A Virginia Commonwealth University student named Christmas Joye Abbott then stepped to the microphone and spoke about being beaten up on campus because she was a lesbian, choking back tears at the end. "

Comment

• joahnn00
            joahnn00 commented
            Editing a comment
            She was also engaged to be married in September.

• KennyERJ
            KennyERJ commented
            Editing a comment
            I've never heard her mention her sexuality at all in the house. She may have discovered since that speech in 2003 that she is bisexual (that 2003 excerpt came from an article by the SoulForce Organization). A member had posted a photo in her profile topic here of her announcing her engagement (to a man) earlier this year and the wedding was suppose to happen this September but they broke up sometime before she came in the house. That is the guy that she has mentioned breaking up with.
            (the photo has since disappeared because Photobucket is now charging to post photos on 3rd party websites)

• Shmennifer
            Shmennifer commented
            Editing a comment
            First day she talked about the cute guys and being attracted to the "silver fox"

Originally posted by Shmennifer View Post
          What's funny is how when the "power was on the other foot" Jody acted so smug!
          Cody has forgotten how to apply the mental side of his Marine training. For one, a true leader of people LEADS. They don't sit/lay down saying, "but but I can't lead if these fools won't follow."

Skilled peeps use skills learned in all walks of life and adroitly apply as needed. Folks were mad that Derrick had life skills that helped him win......can you imagine how successful Cody COULD HAVE BEEN.

Comment

• Anyaspapa
            Anyaspapa commented
            Editing a comment
            DisMom, it is because he cannot get past his or Jess' victim noises. 不不不不不不不不不不

• Ogbigbrother
            Ogbigbrother commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree I'm so surprised he does not have this part (mental) mastered yet .. he is pretty good at controlling his temper when everyone was antagonizing him but why can't he realize how bad it is for his game to just isolate himself.. he should read his people know how to smooze in a subtle way how to lead build them up, play this game cody!

• Bbfanbb
            Bbfanbb commented
            Editing a comment
            He needs to take a few out of Derricks play book for sure on how to cajole and comfort people. The thing is he constantly has proved he would fall on the sword for anyone he respects even in the beginning of the game when the house wanted out Alex. he made sure Paul knew Mark wanted Paul in his top 3 and trusted him and threw himself in the line of fire to save Mark. His mean side came out when Jessica brought it out of him, and he was defending her honor . He talks about his daughter fondly. He's a darn good boyfriend and easy on the eyes. He's smart and coordinated. i cannot get on the hate train with Cody and talk about him and how he must be a terrible dad or get mad at him for joking about superior stock . Some things said are just personal beyond all levels of decency and it's sad people are out there that have this inner hate.
            I completly agree with Dis mom. He does have the Rachel ability to win through this game but needs his Jordan which could be Kevin and I think Jason will come over if Alex is out.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X