This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Feed Discussion - August 14

Here's where you can discuss what's happening on the Live Feeds.
    Please note that this forum will contain SPOILERS.
    Please stay on topic within this thread.

For off topic conversations, and for catching up with your BBU friends, please use the BBU CAFE Thread.

If you haven't signed up for the Live Feeds (CBS ALL Access) you can CLICK HERE or click on any of the banners to get signed up and help support this website at the same time. (CBS ALL Access) also has many other great features to check out. Note that BBU only gets credit for NEW subscriptions so you would need to sign up using a new email address in order for BBU to get credit. Thanks!

Live Feeds not for you?
    Like the Live Feed Discussions?
    Like the Live Feed Updates?

Another great way to help support all that we do here is by clicking our PayPal Button. - You don't need a PayPal account to donate.

Thanks for any support you can give!

Morning all.

Veto Ceremony today.

Comment

Morning all,

Cody came alive yesterday, working hard to keep himself off the block, but his efforts will fail. Matt, in a set up for a delicious bit of BB Karma, is going to remove Jason from the block, rather than himself, and tease the BB gods with deliberately keeping himself in danger for the "greater good", forgetting that the game is never about the greater, only about yourself. We know Alex, would like to see a couple break up, and so it is possible that the target shifts to Matt, after she has secured Jason's safety. If that happens, it will reveal her longer term strategy of flipping the house, and removing the "cool kids" who targeted her at the beginning of the game. The question is what to do about Paul. I am not sure Alex has enough skill or skilled allies, outside of Paul, to actually arrange an alternate boot, without any blowback on her. But, a Matt boot is better for her game than a Cody boot, and would provide a cushion in the upcoming double eviction.

Expect Cody to go up today, and then the game will begin. It could be an interesting 3 days this week. JMO.

Comment

Ken, you don't think an Elena boot would be better than a Matt boot?

Comment

• KeninVA
          KeninVA commented
          Editing a comment
          geo,
          I think Cody is the easiest boot, Elena would be second easiest to swing to, since Josh and Kevin might both defect for that vote, but I think Matt is the most competition threat she faces. The thing about taking out Matt, he is planning to get Alex out, but not soon. Ending him, just before the DE, would split the game, break up a couple, set Paul and Cody into battle, and keep Jason and Kevin out of the spotlight, and out of harms way. The fear that she should have, is that Cody will bolster Mark and Elena, and have no qualms about them booting her, if she lets him stay another week.

Honestly, while I know Cody is a better boot for the group and they better get him out while they can, I personally want Elena to go home now. No reason other than I'm tired of looking at her boobs.

Comment

• Ms. Charlie
          Ms. Charlie commented
          Editing a comment
          And her lipstick that she globs on! They look so messy to me.

• misscmm
          misscmm commented
          Editing a comment
          Haha ... goodness me ... how do you all REALLY feel 'bout her!

• nonobadfish
          nonobadfish commented
          Editing a comment
          Me too....

The fact that Alex not only laughed about Cody's offer, but blabbed it to Paul says that her initial reaction is to not rock the boat this week. I do believe she'd be worried about the reaction from the others with a double eviction coming. Also only 4 votes are required to eliminate Cody and I doubt Paul, Christmas, Josh or Raven will veer off that path. I suspect Mark or Elena winning HOH wil rock the House the most during Double Eviction. Of course, its a long time from Monday to Thursday night, so hearts and minds can be changed.

But Cody hasn't built trust with most of the House. Even Kevin has backed away after offering his olrice branch. Cody wasted six weeks being an A-hole and can't change that image now his back is finally against the wall. Also suspect he and Jessica may have blown future opportunities with CBS also for Race or Survivor, a game that was more made for him.

Did have to laugh that Cody couldn't even lose a comp when he tried so hard. And made victim noises that there hadn't been more physical comps. Sounded a bit like Bigfoot complaining about short ledges.

Thursday should be interesting as people need to make snap judgements. Mark is definitely the most dangerous to Paul of the players since he's proved he can win mind games as well as physical. We'll see how the week plays out.

Comment

• BettyBoo
          BettyBoo commented
          Editing a comment
          We may not know answer to that if Race doesn't go past the next contracted season which should be filming, but I do wonder if CBS really likes them that well. They got pretty negative edits and as the game moves forward, they will be less essential to the storyline of the season. Remember how Frank was the center of the beginning of last season, but barely mentioned now. Out of sight, out of mind. In the end, Cody will only be one vote in Jury, since there's no way he can return to game.

• Border57
          Border57 commented
          Editing a comment
          But Cody has seriously changed direction now that Jessica is gone, and CBS may not be thinking he's a problem now. (I mean, he's playing the game.) Besides, on Survivor they quite often use Heroes or Villains so he could be used OK. Plus, don't forget the Victim Noises that he made. I'm sure the TV audience all went "awwww" when they saw that and lapped it right up.

• beckyd30
          beckyd30 commented
          Editing a comment
          Since there is no "temptation comp" for Mark to win in the DE, he has to go for it for HOH. Best case for Thursday - Cody goes home first - then Julie announces DE night, which Paul will have figured out due to the speed of the first vote - Mark wins puts Paul up, Paul doesn't win veto and is voted out 2nd. That way Paul and Cody can have a fun week together in Jury - hope they tape the fights.

Just catching up on BBAD from last night. Not that I'm a Cody fan but he really did make sense, to bad for him Alex is tighter to Paul then anybody knows.

Comment

Good morning all! Excited to see how the DE plays out on Thursday. It would be the perfect time to get Paul out of the house, but unless someone like a Mark/Elena wins HoH, I just don't see it happening. he's gotten too close with everyone else, they all know they need to take him out eventually, but I don't think any of them are ready to pull the trigger yet.

Comment

There is no one Mark could put up with Paul that would result in Paul getting evicted. He has to take that shot but even Alex would go to jury if put up with Paul. I could see Kevin as a safe option up to just a week ago but Paul has worked hard to grow the target on Kevin's back. The best he can get is taking out one of Paul's most trusted minions.

Comment

I wouldn't call Paul a *Dan* caliber player but the way he's running this house is masterful.

At at some point he's going to have to show his hand though. That's when I think it gets tough for him to win the votes to win the game.

Comment

This would have been the perfect week to actually take out Paul. Alex could have just let Matt go ahead and take Jason down thinking she was still putting up Cody, instead though she could put up Paul. There are only 7 votes this week, with Matt still on the block that takes away his vote. Jason would vote out Paul If Alex asked him to, Cody for sure would, Mark for sure would, and Kevin I'm almost certain Alex could convince him, especially of she told him Paul has a target on him now. That just leaves Raven, Josh and Christmas voting out Elena.
                It wouldn't hurt her going into double eviction either cause Paul would be gone and Matt, Raven, Josh or Christmas are not big threats to win HoH but Cody, Jason and Mark all have a better track record for winning comps. Plus she could say I'm taking out Paul so you all better keep me safe during to double.

Alex claims to be a big gamer so you would think she see's the threat Paul really is to winning the end game and she would strike while she has the chance. If she were the one to take out Paul it would surely help in getting the votes at the end.

Comment

• BBfan4life
                  BBfan4life commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Linden that's the thing that confuses me most? Cody has no chance of making the final 2 chairs so can never win but Paul would definitely beat her or anyone there and you would think as smart as she is and if she were as good a gamer as she is says, she would see that?! Cody can go at any point, an easy out. They will not get many more chances as Paul.

• Border57
                  Border57 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  But if you go to the end with Paul, he's not going to have a Jury of vets to give him the win. He's going to be the only vet and I could easily see Jury saying, "yes, he played the best game, but he already had his chance and won money last year."

But he will not go to F2, they will take him out F5 or F4 because they aren't idiots.

I think there is a tendency for Jury people to assure themselves they played a good game by voting for the person who took them out "they must be the most worthy player because they got *ME* out.) Players still in the game at F4 or 5 will not keep Paul in so he can continue to run the game and build his resume.

• BBfan4life
                  BBfan4life commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I hope your right Border57 but I just don't see it happening. Paul has everyone thinking he is with them. Maven think he is final 3 with them, Jason and Alex think he is final 3 with them and Josh & Christmas think he is mostly with them. Therefore he is no ones real target and safe to the end.

He has all the above mentioned taking out the very people that would target him and then he will have them eat each other alive taking himself to the end.

As for them not voting for him I definitely think they will cause he played them all so well and knowing they should have gotten him out right away but didn't, they will know it was great gameplay by him. IMHO
                  Last edited by BBfan4life; 08-14-2017, 01:22 PM.

On Alex flipping the script. I don't actually think that we will know what she is really up to, until after she secures Jason's safety. With that accomplished, and Matt still on the block, she has a member of each pair on the block. She can then control her own actions. of course, Paul will be in full on get Cody out mode, and in this house, he is extremely effective at motivating votes. But, if she is a good BB gamer, she will understand the rhythm of the weekly events, and know that any move to flip the house has to wait until the block is actually set, and events can play out so that you can flip the house late enough, that it will not flip back. You know the DR is going to ramp up questions about why Matt would choose to stay in danger, instead of saving himself.

Comment

I watched Alex listening to Cody thinking she might consider it. But as soon as she told Paul and Christmas, knew she wasn't going to work to make it happen. And today she continues to ignore and resist Cody's plan. But Paul is getting overconfident and we see Josh getting annoyed with how Paul treats him, telling him to shut up or leave the room. And we know Christmas has dangled the 'when do we dump Paul' question out there. The time will come when he's challenged, but after Cody, the next targets will be Mark for his comp wins and Elena because she's p*ssing everyone off. Kevin has also messed himself up by trying to make a move with Public Enemy No 1, Cody.

But, hey, if Mark wins and noms Paul he can certainly become shark chum Thursday night. But I don't see that the work has been done to get the votes when needed. So far Paul's Parfum has warded off the usual skunk spray that proceeds an eviction.

Just as a little chuckle. After Paul had his shower last night, he told Christmas he had to put on cologne so he'd 'smell nice' when they went upstairs. Hah, Paul, we know that's really your mask of invincibility!!

Comment

At this point, expect Paul to do everything he can to assure him, Alex and Raven make it to F3. He will then let the ladies battle it out to see who takes him to F2 with them. Neither of them like one another.

Comment

I'm not a Cody fan, but then I'm not a fan of any of them. But I would love for them to vote out Elena or Matt just to make the game more interesting

Comment

• NicChick
                        NicChick commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I would love to see Elena go Thursday instead of Cody. He's making an effort now that Jess is gone, I wouldn't mind him sticking around for another week or two so we could see his real game play. I don't think it would happen, but it would be nice!

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X