This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Feed Discussion - August 16

Here's where you can discuss what's happening on the Live Feeds.
    Please note that this forum will contain SPOILERS.
    Please stay on topic within this thread.

For off topic conversations, and for catching up with your BBU friends, please use the BBU CAFE Thread.

If you haven't signed up for the Live Feeds (CBS ALL Access) you can CLICK HERE or click on any of the banners to get signed up and help support this website at the same time. (CBS ALL Access) also has many other great features to check out. Note that BBU only gets credit for NEW subscriptions so you would need to sign up using a new email address in order for BBU to get credit. Thanks!

Live Feeds not for you?
    Like the Live Feed Discussions?
    Like the Live Feed Updates?

Another great way to help support all that we do here is by clicking our PayPal Button. - You don't need a PayPal account to donate.

Thanks for any support you can give!

Good Morning all.

So, Cody is still going home, but the Paul group has definitively ostracized Mark and Elena now, they have Kevin on deck after that, and I heard Paul talk about Matt and Raven sitting back during the fights yesterday so it looks like he's laying the groundwork to make them the next target after that.

Comment

Good Morning All-

Paul's game of line 'em up, knock 'em down is working, it would seem, without any hitches and that really surprises me. In the beginning I believed that the newbies sided with him because he had the safety and he knew the ropes. He could target the others and they could hide behind him while he did the work.

Paul's safety ran out long ago and he's still there and they are still following him. It has been pointed out several times to the sheep what he is doing and they still follow him. When someone starts showing signs of going astray, he adjusts his course to get them back. He has played from the moment he set foot in the house and he doesn't stop.

I want to see Paul win, but even if he gets to the finals I'm not sure how the jury are going to feel about him. He really does need to take a goat (Raven), not a player(Alex). Once they are out from under his constant watch and have time to compare notes I don't think any of them will be happy that they were so played by him. IMO he loses against anyone who did anything in the house aside from float.

Comment

• MrsVee
        MrsVee commented
        Editing a comment
        I Think that Raven is his best bet too. No one would vote for her over Paul

• Walleye
        Walleye commented
        Editing a comment
        I think he wins against Raven. His main problem is there aren't any players except Alex that understand game play. There's all stiffs left.

• My_Smmr_Glty_Plsr
        My_Smmr_Glty_Plsr commented
        Editing a comment
        long time lurker (years) first time commentator (since I had to actually sign up).

I honestly find it tough to see a scenario in which Paul gets to the end and doesn't win. Maybe Alex would beat him, but no one else has really even tried to play

I was just thinking about who has not been on the block, and that is Kevin and Paul. Does anyone think that Kevin will survive this, and that the other 5 besides Alex are just appeasing her since she is HOH. I really do hope that Paul and Kevin are playing together and that some besides the 6 get the first HOH. Preferably Mark.

Comment

• KeninVA
        KeninVA commented
        Editing a comment
        I believe Paul has noticed, and has started his campaign to get Kevin nominated to "scare him" and put him in check. Of course, we know that Paul actually wants to make sure he goes up, so that if he takes him to the end, that being on the block, vs Paul not going on the block, can be a differentiator. And people are not appeasing Alex. IMO

I am anxious to hear some of Paul's Dr sessions.

Comment

• BettyBoo
        BettyBoo commented
        Editing a comment
        Really wish they had kept the open BBOTT DR sessions. Let the HGs talk to us with no bull or editing. Since, unlike BBOTT we wouldn't be voting for noms or winners, they could be dead honest.

Listening to all the HG, I do not see Paul going home against anyone. I thought he might be in danger against Alex or Kevin, but Kevin, IMO would definitely go before him and after some remarks from Mark and Elena, it seems like they still feel they need him a little. I don't understand their logic, but it seems like Paul is safe in the double.

For me, as a Paul fan, I am happy, although I really don't understand their thought process.

Comment

• Crlillian
        Crlillian commented
        Editing a comment
        I get the impression that most of the houseguest would vote against themselves Tom save Paul. Paul is definitely playing the best game right now by getting the others to do all of the dirty work. He even sits back and just watches after he has orchestrated his moves.

This season is nearly unwatchable. It's Paul and his sheep who seem completely oblivious to anything other than being happy to be on the jury. It's almost as if they don't care if they win. The only one with personality enough to root for is Kevin. I wish BB would go back to having folks on from all age groups, not just a bunch of millennial actor wannabes sprinkled with the token old guy/girl.

Comment

• herms is here
        herms is here commented
        Editing a comment
        What gets me is this is a social game, but if you step out of the group to socialize you are probably up to no good.

Though his behavior has not obviously always been good (neither has anyone else's, however) Paul deserves to win this game hands down, and I hope he does. If not, I'd have to go with Alex. I like players who PLAY. For none of them to have taken Paul out way back is, imo, poor gameplay, and just poor sense, period. That he is still there has earned him the big money, should he get that far.

Comment

• Ladychef
        Ladychef commented
        Editing a comment
        I think they also like Paul.

• sea513
        sea513 commented
        Editing a comment
        Paul has the ability to make you feel like you're his only ally.

• CubbyBrother
        CubbyBrother commented
        Editing a comment
        It is still wayyyyy too early. There is still not a single juror and the biggest "move" in the game has been getting Ramses out instead of Josh. What we really need is for Christmas to win HOH. I think she has played the game as well as she could be unafraid to shake it up.

Wonder how TPTB will handle the solar eclipse with the HGs on Monday? They better warn them or I could see Josh crying about the end of the world. Kevin will be amazed that CBS could pull off that effect for them. Alex will see it as a sign from God. Paul will be p*ssed off that he wasn't the star of that show.

In seriousness, they will need eye protection to watch - warning to all !!!

Funniest was complaint made to astrologist asking why they scheduled the eclipse on a Monday rather than the weekend. Reminds me a radio call in back when daylight savings time was initiated that had a woman complaining that the extra hour of daylight would kill her lawn. Ignorance is bliss??

Comment

• BettyBoo
        BettyBoo commented
        Editing a comment
        We had one when I was a kid, but guess it was a partial. Despite warnings remember glancing at it. We did some sort of deal with 2 pieces of cardboard, punching a hole in one and turning our backs to the sun, allowed light to go thru hole to second piece. Remember doing that wasn't too exciting, so of course we just had to look.

• BettyBoo
        BettyBoo commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, Raven will be demanding a white cane and leader dog. I do believe that Matt leads such a bland life that he is totally entertained by her ridiculous actions. He doesn't believe her crap for a minute, but she makes him laugh. And he gets sex, so why not. But in real life, he will run back to his safe vanilla world.
        Last edited by BettyBoo; 08-16-2017, 10:15 PM.

• LCnSummer
        LCnSummer commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes,and because Raven is really HIGH maintenance!

Has anyone heard anything rumors about why the feeds will be down longer than usually this week? Do we also know when they will down? I really hope not after the live eviction? Have they ever blocked them after a live eviction? Usually that have them down when they have a recorded eviction.

I have heard a couple of the HG say something about someone coming in to perform but I wouldn't think that would be any longer than some of the POV or temptation comps that have been played already this year.

Comment

• sofieckcs
        sofieckcs commented
        Editing a comment
        Someone's coming in like they did last year. I saw a picture and name but I didn't recognize the person. I'm expecting the feeds down tomorrow night after the show and we won't see them again till after the West coast Friday night show. That means we'll miss the HOH competition and the aftermath of the Double Eviction. :-(

• aprilshowers
        aprilshowers commented
        Editing a comment
        Well that will really suck. I don't think they have ever blocked them after a live double.

• BettyBoo
        BettyBoo commented
        Editing a comment
        Usually the 2nd HOH is an endurance type we get to watch. Is the concert tonight? If so Cody will be the invisible man like Paulie was for Bob Marley and fair last year. Remember how everything but his elbow was edited out.

HA! I found my dark net soul mate. Ya know how I'm kinda fond of Alterna-Verse plots and Event Horizon Catastrophes?

I stumbled across the following on this slow Wednesday regarding Big Brother and Survivor Fan-Faves competing on the June 15th Candy Crush TV special.and.stuff.
      _

"Special criticism is reserved for Paul and Da’Vonne coming in dead last on the show....

and for....
      ..Paul's appearance alone..leaving..people..??questioning??....

the..fabric..of..the..space-time..continuum."

I will invite all my BBU BFF's to the first in existence,..... Holy Union of 2 BB Alterna-Verse Fans. a union made in every Heaven in all of space and time.

I'll be the blushing bride.

P.S. NO gifts needed. But if ya feel umnnmmn like ummnnn$$ gifting $$ us...

we've opened up a
      GoFund.BBU.Haberdashery.Account.

Comment

• OhThisHouse
        OhThisHouse commented
        Editing a comment
        Pink haired Frankie was also on the same show, and BB vs Suvivor, and both BB teams lost to survivor.= teams

• LCnSummer
        LCnSummer commented
        Editing a comment
        @OhThisHouse

I went and read a recap and wow, Joe and Kelly won. That's cool. Joe and Kelly FINALLY gets to pull out a Survivor win. Good for them!

On Paul working to keep Raven and Elena in the house....is it because he knew them before/outside the game? I just can't see any other reason because they haven't had that many in-depth discussions together that I know about. As far as Elena goes, I can't imagine putting my safety in her hands, considering her split personality in the house.

Comment

• BettyBoo
        BettyBoo commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm guessing they're both a meat shield since they're disliked and could be targeted before him and they make an excellent goat for Final Two for same reason.

Originally posted by My_Smmr_Glty_Plsr View Post
      long time lurker (years) first time commentator (since I had to actually sign up).

I honestly find it tough to see a scenario in which Paul gets to the end and doesn't win. Maybe Alex would beat him, but no one else has really even tried to play
      Hi My_Smmr_Glty_Plsr

So glad you've jumped in. Hope you can join the gang in the

Big Brother 19- Discuss Episode 23- August 16, 2017

thread to discuss tonight's show. There's food tooooo.

Comment

• BettyBoo
        BettyBoo commented
        Editing a comment
        I know I really enjoyed that steak!!

The feeds are dull, so here's a face from the past:

Comment

• Walleye
        Walleye commented
        Editing a comment
        Napoleon complex partner for Cody. Those two would have loved each other.

• BettyBoo
        BettyBoo commented
        Editing a comment
        At least my Paulie could laugh and socialize unlike Mr. Sitting in the Garden Eating Worms Cody. Even during his last week, Paulie would play chase with Paul's secret agent character and eventually dropped the tears and pout to bake the pies in my favorite outfit. 😀 Paulie certainly was far from perfect, but at least was never a stick in the mud like the Dead Man Walking.

(Nah, they would have been instant enemies - two alpha guys who think they should be the top dog.)
        Last edited by BettyBoo; 08-16-2017, 09:12 PM. Reason: But I still like Alex Walleye-grin

• Walleye
        Walleye commented
        Editing a comment
        Well that house allowed you to talk to the enemy. Now if you do you are sketchy. Different season.

Checked in on the feeds. One conversation about something that happened when Ramses went out. In other words tomorrow can't get here fast enough.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X