This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Feed Discussion - August 20

Here's where you can discuss what's happening on the Live Feeds.
    Please note that this forum will contain SPOILERS.
    Please stay on topic within this thread.

For off topic conversations, and for catching up with your BBU friends, please use the BBU CAFE Thread.

If you haven't signed up for the Live Feeds (CBS ALL Access) you can CLICK HERE or click on any of the banners to get signed up and help support this website at the same time. (CBS ALL Access) also has many other great features to check out. Note that BBU only gets credit for NEW subscriptions so you would need to sign up using a new email address in order for BBU to get credit. Thanks!

Live Feeds not for you?
    Like the Live Feed Discussions?
    Like the Live Feed Updates?

Another great way to help support all that we do here is by clicking our PayPal Button. - You don't need a PayPal account to donate.

Morning all.

Well , Paul has positioned himself as a third for each pair; Josh/Christmas, Matt/Raven, Alex/Jason. Kevin is a lone wolf out there, but I guess he could replace Paul as a third, so he has to go.

Comment

Raven update
      2 terminal illnesses
      pacemaker
      rat trap will kill her
      mom struck by lightning
      arthritis
      broke her growth plate
      Did I leave anything out?

Comment

• Luanne
        Luanne commented
        Editing a comment
        Needs knee surgery.

• LCnSummer
        LCnSummer commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL Boarder, toooooo funny!

An 'inheritable susceptibility' to lighting strike because her mother was hit once.

I found a funny sentence that Raven's Mom could write in her HOH letter so Raven has more to 'share' with her fellow house guests.

..." Fortunately, only one in ten Americans have died from being struck by lightning in the three decades between 1981 and 2010."

The above sentence was buried in an article on lightening strikes. In 2012, a reader of the article posted that he thought it was a..... "Hilarious sentence to read out of context."

I had to read it over and say, WHAT? I can just see Raven dramatically repeating her Mom's comment to Matt.

He would look at her and say, "Umnmnnn BAY, that's like lots of people... like millions and millions...of deaths."

She would just give him one of those far away looks and walk away, or punch his arm and scream that she could die any minute..., even talking about it was to place her in peril...

• aprilshowers
        aprilshowers commented
        Editing a comment
        I think she hurt her Knee in the slip and slide comp. She said something about her knee being swollen when I was listening to the feeds earlier.

Morning! Well, Xmas said she is a badass and would make big moves that no one will see coming. Putting Mark up is not a big move, it's predictable and a "house" move like all the others have been this season. A big move would be backdooring Alex instead. Mark is alone in the game and a physical threat but doesn't know his days well. Alex is part of a strong pair, a good competitor in multiple areas, and it should have at least crossed Xmas' mind that Paul and Alex are close.

Comment

• bamabbfan
        bamabbfan commented
        Editing a comment
        I guess it's gonna be great when all these badass, great, super fans, awesome gamers watch Paul walk off with that 500K check at the end of the game. Of course, they are all so stupid, they will probably pat themselves on the back for helping him win. I just don't get it!

• Freebyrd
        Freebyrd commented
        Editing a comment
        BBhead - I totally agree with everything you said.

• beckyd30
        beckyd30 commented
        Editing a comment
        If Christmas wants to make a big move when Jason Takes himself down instead of putting mark up she'll put Raven up so that it guarantees either Matt or Raven go home and it breaks up yet another showmance. But she'll take the easy route and do what the house once which is it making a big move or shaking up the house it's doing Paul's dirty work for him yet again.

Good Morning BB Fans!

Breaking news: there is a RAT in the BB house!

Poor Jason is lost wondering if this is supposed to be some sort of hidden innuendo so he immediately jumps on the 'Kevin is a rat & is telling Mark all their secrets'. It sure is hard not to have a soft spot for Jason who frequently plays with naivety. Noticed several people commented on board yesterday about voting for Jason for AFP if he doesn't reach the end. I'm on board with that thinking b/c I was never a Jody fan (besides she's setting up their post show tour, so they'll make tons of money from that). Kevin (who I also like) has already won $25k so learning Jason will be a papa again makes me want to see him pad his winnings.

Now on to the status of the house:

Did they know each other prior Gate:
      Perhaps I'm getting soft in my advancing age, but whether Paul met Raven once or knows her well or if he knows Alex prior or not doesn't bother me in the least. Theoretically it would offer Raven/Alex more benefit than Paul, especially since they'd benefit from Paul's prior game knowledge. Copious seasons have featured players who knew prior winners, were brought in with siblings or multiple returnees. Most importantly for me is the balance of karma. To reiterate, I was NOT a Paul fan last season, but LOVED Nicole in her first season. Yet, by season end I felt Paul deserved to win over Nic who simply lied in bed doing gymnastics with Corey all season. So, if he has an advantage this season it sorta feels like he got the pay it forward benefit.

On the devil's advocate side of this theory:
      • Raven is perpetually lying or exaggerating.
      • Why wait to form the bond with Alex until week 2 or 3? And why only recently start talking more detailed game with her?
      • Why not formulate a bond with the 3 sooner & cement a F6 far sooner in the game?
      • And why (for the girls) bother making stronger bonds away from Paul as their F2 partners if he was it to begin with? I mean there was no need to put anything in stone if that was the case. Right?

Just some options to ponder.

DE & BB winner Derrick shift house dynamics:

Moving on let's look at the events of double eviction & Derrick's arrival and examine how these 2 particular incidences affected the hamsters and current standings/shifts in the house.

First, and most importantly it appears Derrick must have touched on how the house was being perceived. It definitely took root. I've heard various house comments which seem to be an effort to erase any "bully-type" attitude.

Paul kicks into new phase of his BB plan:
      IMHO Paul is keeping his options fluid & always has been. Although my preference is to see a house divided b/c it offers much more competition & diversity (read: drama) I've long ago given way to TPTB playing a role in the production. It happens on both sides of the border & I've learned to pay close attention to the hamsters faces in the DR & in the game to catch specific nuances.

As for the puppet master I'm obliged to tip my hat at his house management. He's played the game 24-7 and what I"m most impressed by is his ability to shift his direction without taking it personally. Unlike almost every other hamster this season (perhaps Christmas could be included in this mix) he's been willing to change things up even when his preference isn't the mandate of the majority.

Cases in point:
      • Upon learning his original partnership within the Jody group was anything but safe he shifted gears. As soon as Alex won the next HOH he made plans to go deep with her in the game & quietly partner with her.
      • Recognizing Kevin was someone who wouldn't necessarily arose negativity or suspicion early in the game Paul aligned with him for F2 & he utilized him to carry out his dirty deeds like planting news or dropping hinky votes
      • Since Jess was unwilling to save her own game & sensing her vitriol he turned the spotlight on her over Cody as the primary oust
      • Once he knew Mark couldn't be trusted & Elena wasn't capable of sitting back or listening to reason they became key targets
      • With Alex/Jason & Kevin all adamantly targeting Maven (mostly for personal reasons) Paul backed off their trio agreeing they would be the next targets after Marlena
      • Not holding a very solid relationship with Christmas or Josh beyond his typical fraternization & knowing a DE was coming he shifted his efforts to pull Xmas/Josh closer. This was accomplished by tying himself to Xmas as his tandem partner, telling her that she & Josh were the only 2 who had been completely honest since week 1. Then he maneuvered to make it look to Xmas/Josh as if he was the one bringing them into a F5 with Alex/Jason when in reality that was their preference anyway, but AJ's inability to communicate this first made it look like Paul was the one who helped them gain entry (ditto for tying them in with Maven).
      • With Kevin growing bored he amped up his efforts to keep himself safe on all sides of the house & he thought he could make his efforts look like he was helping "the team". Paul chose to use this as a way to plant seeds of doubt about Kevin since he truly was positioned as the safest player at that time.

Perhaps Paul's best move in recent days is what he did immediately following DE.
      Part of this was Jason's fault & Alex's inability to sense it would create an issue. In Jason's DE HOH win his speech that placed Mark on the block outed the fact Jason had known for 2 weeks Mark was gunning for Paul. Jason only told Paul this fact the night prior to DE & even then he only said Mark said the "Puh" sound.

Withholding that information was vital b/c now Paul knew there was some truth behind it. Adding credence was Josh warning of the chess convo where no pieces were moved for over an hour.

Next Paul chose to have a go at Mark in front of everyone to determine who these "people" were that were earmarking Paul as the player to oust. Paul knew Mark wouldn't say based on his prior actions & he also probably knew it was Jody, Elena & possibly Jason. BUT the resulting effect was it allowed the house to begin questioning whether Alex/Jason were still working with Mark & possibly Kevin too. Apparently in the HOH Mark won some sort of power to give a friend safety & he gave it to Paul (not like Paul was in danger anyway).

These steps all served Paul's grand plan which was to eventually oust Jason. As I pointed out on Thursday eviction this was ALWAYS going to be a goal of Paul's. It didn't behoove him to go to F3 with Alex/Jason not just b/c he suspected their F2 was stronger. Rather he needed to divide the bond of Jason to Alex, but also Kevin. Once Jason is out of the house he knows Kevin-Alex will never work as a team & he knows it pulls them both closer to him. Further, his desire is to break up Maven (targeting Matt) once they get out Mark & Jason. Knowing that will leave just Josh/Xmas as a pair watch for him to turn Alex toward that pair if the next evictions result in Mark, Jason & Matt's oust.

Paul is setting up the house with his priority boot order of Mark, Jason, Matt & then one of Josh or Kevin. The latter two b/c he'll need to break up Josh/Xmas & he knows Kevin is smarter than he lets on, so he'll perform better in the upcoming date related comps. By taking out Jason/Matt & one of Josh/Xmas he'll pull each of the remaining partners to him as their main ally.

Based on Jason winning POV Mark wiill leave this week. I don't think Paul has locked in his F2 partner or even his F3 yet, but I do think he'll continue to reassess after each eviction.

For now, (and in less than 48 hours since) DE Paul has completely realigned the entire house:
      • Maven were made aware Jason/Alex/Kevin all want them out after Mark so Maven's targets are set
      • Xmas has always wanted Mark out & her relationship with Jason has been one of love-hate almost the entire game. Now that Kevin is being shady he's also moved up on her list. So her targets are: Mark, Jason & then one of Matt or Kevin
      • Josh recognized the closeness between Mark/Jason so he feels vindicated & probably believes he has a better shot against Maven than Alex/Jason anyway. Josh also doesn't appreciate Kevin's shady play & he's knows Kevin sees him as his parallel in the game
      • Jason is understandably worried as he senses the house shift in his gut. Alex flippantly tells him he's just being paranoid, but Jason hasn't demonstrated actions of paranoia the entire game - perhaps she should take his feelings more seriously.
      • Alex tells Jason it's imperative their trio (Alex/Paul/Jason) need to win out to F3 to ensure their safety. In Alex's mind they will target Mark, Matt, Maven with Kevin being disposable at any time.

Moving Forward:

Bottom line following Mark's eviction Alex/Jason/Kevin will be zoned in on Maven & vice versa. Xmas/Josh & Paul can almost sit back & let the two pairs fire at each other. Paul is amping up Maven (particularly Matt) constantly reinforcing how Maven must win HOH this coming week. This is so they can shoot at AJ (Alex/Jason) since Paul's perfect plan requires getting Jason out to sever the AJ & KJ bonds. In this perfect plan Paul will likely vote out Jason & blame his vote on Kevin which Alex will buy hook, line & sinker since she already despises Kevin.

What I'm anxious to see is how Kevin navigates his rising target & whether Paul starts to worry about being at game end with all females. For this reason I think Paul will work to make sure Josh goes deep in the game possibly even F3. My gut says Paul's ideal F3 however would be with Xmas & Raven (& Josh to F4). He certainly has worked the house to perfection each week AND had some luck. For his luck to continue he would need Maven to win HOH & take out Jason so Alex would be laser focused on taking out Matt or Kevin with her revenge (as again, Paul will tell her he voted to keep Jason) while simultaneously focusing Raven/Xmas/Josh on taking out Alex.

One other point, when JCP (Josh/Xmas/Paul) were discussing next week's HOH Paul said it would be best if someone else won to take out Jason. That's b/c he can't be seen to be the one putting up Jason & needs to be off the block to throw the hinky vote.

The elephant in the room is who (if anyone) will strike at Paul. I would have cited Christmas prior to this week, but I think she's now aware Paul could quite possibly take her as his F2 partner. If Alex ever stops believing in their F2 she'll flip the switch, but she seems to have lost all game sense as the housemates dwindle & she seemingly believes she has everything under control. It's odd she missed the nuances of all that has occurred in these past few days. Perhaps money & power truly do mess with people's minds.

I'll leave you with that thought. Have a great Sunday
      Last edited by TTOTambz; 08-20-2017, 10:42 AM.

Comment

• BettyBoo
        BettyBoo commented
        Editing a comment
        I think Alex got worn out with carrying that pack and all that was involved in the setups. Her brain got stuck on her resentment at Elena.

• herms is here
        herms is here commented
        Editing a comment
        I like your analysis of Paul trying to break up the voting blocks. That is ingenious. Say what you will about Paul but only a seasoned player would know the importance in that. In th a back of my mind I am hoping that Kevin survives. He is definitely now the player out on his own island.

• Luanne
        Luanne commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree, Alex is not playing the same game she did the first part of the game. This past week was very bad for her. She just was not herself. Fighting with everyone. I think the lack of sleep and carrying the heavy pack around dragged her down.

Looking forward to Zingbot. Sounds like there was some good ones. The rest of the show will be boring as it is way behind the happenings on this board. The hamsters are on to next week already and it's only Sunday.

Comment

Really disappointed that we didn't get to see the slip and slide comp. Usually it is a HOH comp so we get to watch it on the feeds. Very entertaining when they are all falling and slipping around.

Glad that Jason won so he will be safe at least another week.

I am beginning to think that Paul will walk to the end. You have to give him credit for getting himself in this position. I thought at some point that either Christmas or Alex would be the one to take a shot at him but they now seem to be fully engulfed in the Paul perfume.

Maybe Kevin will pull out a win during the next HOH comp. It would be interesting to see who he targets. I think Jason would be safe under his HOH.

Comment

• Luanne
          Luanne commented
          Editing a comment
          After reading that the slip and slide was the POV, I was very disappointed. That one is a favorite to watch on the live feeds. I wonder if it was pre-planned for POV or if they changed it hoping that Mark won.

• Shan
          Shan commented
          Editing a comment
          I was super disappointed to see that it was that comp and we didnt get to see it as well, aprilshowers :/

• OhThisHouse
          OhThisHouse commented
          Editing a comment
          Problem for Mark on slip and slide, he is built like a fine quarter horse. Fast in short race, but can't go for a long race. Where a race horse would loose in short race to quarter horses but wins in long race..

Was laughing last night at Josh insisting that Kevin could not have been alive to witness the events of the 60s & 70s. I remember being at a family picnic and we 20yr olds discussing where we were when Kennedy was shot and having the teenager in the group point out she hadn't been born yet. Some day Josh will be telling the stories of events in his life and some kid will give that same blank look and dismissive shrug of no way and who cares.

Of course, I was the weird kid who loved history and still study it. Would watch WWII documentaries with my Dad and he would point out generals he had met. Also had photo of his great-grandfather who had fought at Gettysburg and Dad would tell stories of his memories of him. Wish we'd had the ability to video the stories I was told since I've forgotten so much. To know and understand history gives you a more rounded view of mankind and of what we do and believe today.

OK off my platform. Back to writing Mark's obituary. Nice guy, who let his little head rule his big head. Bet Elena will roll her eyes when he enters Jury, but Cody will be relieved to have his company though he'll be peeved at the 'dumb' people who sent him. Ah, Cody, if they're so dumb, why are you in Jury and they're still in the House?
        ​​​​​

Comment

Gooooood Afternoon BBU fam! Hope you all are having a beautiful Sunday!

I'm kinda sad that Mark is 99.9% getting the boot this week... wish he'd stopped puppy dog'n over Elena and maybe not flippity-flopped so much. More than that, he coulda been the leader/catalyst for grouping up some of them and taking a shot at Paul and maybe making the game a little less predictable/one sided ..but alas & aleek (miss you, nono!) it wasn't to be...

I'm also a little touchy about how they're doing Kevin now... I hope he (somehow) wins HOH soon enough so that he can stay a bit longer than they (apparently) want/plan for him to! I like the guy *shrug* can't help myself

In all honesty, I'm not terribly excited (or upset) by the prospect of any of them winning... I think Kenny said this as well, I'm just kinda going with the flow and floating along this Season. Whatever happens, happens ...it's allll good in the hood for me So I've made a little island called "Just Chillin" and that's where I'm set up for the duration We have lots of awesome fun stuffs there and a nice little Tiki bar with any and every kind of libation your heart could desire Very laid back place I tell ya

I'm gonna be peekin in & out all day but will be firmly sat here for the show tonight Have a good'un y'all!

P.S. Okay ...but if I *had* to choose ..for my F3 I'd love to see Kevin, Jason & Alex ... with any of those winning Also, if we have an AFP to vote for, my votes will likely go to Jason

Comment

• lisains
            lisains commented
            Editing a comment
            glad to see I am not the only "floater" this year - do not have a favorite. Just a shot of Patron for me and I hope KennyERJ will share his lime lol

• Shan
            Shan commented
            Editing a comment
            yeah Luanne .. unfortunately me either :/ but we can dream right?

lisains .. I'm sure Kenny won't mind sharing here on "Just Chillin" we have an unlimited supply of pretty much everything

• Freebyrd
            Freebyrd commented
            Editing a comment
            I am a Mark fan, so I'm sad that he is going to get the boot I want soooo bad to adopt a puppy for him and send it to the Jury house with a note that says "Mark ~ This cute little fur baby is all yours...shower him with all the affection you have instead of wasting it on Elena while at the Jury house this summer. Love, your fans @ BB" sniff. sniff. Mark and Kevin and Jason are basically the last of my faves. After they are ousted, I guess I'll root for stupid ol' Josh. Why the heck not. If there was a stone at my feet right now I would kick it.

Well, it's official, today makes it only 1 month (31 days) until this season comes to an end on September 20th! Big Brother season seems to fly by! One bright side, for me anyway, is that the new season of Survivor starts the very next week! Woot!

Comment

• lisains
            lisains commented
            Editing a comment
            Love Survivor

• Freebyrd
            Freebyrd commented
            Editing a comment
            Whoo hoo Survivor! Did you ever watch Alone on the History Channel?

• KennyERJ
            KennyERJ commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi Freebyrd. No, I've never seen "Alone". Something like "Survivor"?

Hi all,

Like everyone else, I am so disappointed slip and slide cup race was POV and not HOH and we missed it....and to add insult to injury they had Zingbot and we missed him too. Unforgivable in my book. I am still fuming that we are only going to see a small bit of both of these classics on Wednesday TV.

Reading TTO's psynopsis I feel its de ja vu and we are watching Derrick's masterful guiding of the puppets. Boring for most, but I loved it and hoped all his hard work would pay off for him, and I feel Paul is working it and deserves the win. I like seeing drama too, so throw in some of that so we can watch Paul wiggle and work around it and I will be happy.

Comment

Just listened to Paul's friendship talk- I know I said I would not but wanted to see what he had to say. He wants to be F3 with Christmas./Josh. Then he seemed torn if it should be Christmas or Raven. He knows Raven will take him, not sure about Christmas. I think he is a little afraid that Raven will pull the sympathy vote. I think the only ones in the house that might turn against him is Jason and Christmas. Jason just because and Christmas because she sees the end game. Paul seems to think Josh is closer to him but I think Josh is closer to Christmas. If Jason or Alex can not make it and the F3 is Christmas/Josh, I would LOVE to see them drop him at F3.

I did not finish listening to him. Could not stand it very long.
            Last edited by Luanne; 08-20-2017, 02:36 PM.

Comment

• sdkgeo
              sdkgeo commented
              Editing a comment
              Paul seemed a little confused on the F3 during that talk also. He said that he could beat Josh in Part 1 and then Christmas wouldn't be able to compete in the part 2 so it would be Josh and then he could beat Josh in endurance. He seemed confused. Parts one and two will be won by Paul and Josh yes, but Part 3 is a crap shoot and it very well could be Josh that wins Part 3. I also think that Paul underestimates how close Josh and Christmas really are.

• Luanne
              Luanne commented
              Editing a comment
              sdkgeo- I am with you. Paul has no idea how close Josh and Christmas are. If think if either one of them gets to choose, they will pick each other and not Paul. At the end, if you have a chance why would you take a vet that has controlled the game. If it gets to those three, I hope that is what happens.

• aprilshowers
              aprilshowers commented
              Editing a comment
              I will be funny if Josh wins the final HOH and takes Christmas to the finale. But I am not sure Josh wins against either so he is playing for 2nd in that scenario either way.

Well, Well, Paul started to talk about knowing Raven, how she can to concert and the feeds went to fish and changed rooms. BB does not want us to hear.....

It sounded like Christmas is with Paul to F2.. I was hoping that she was smarter. I wish Alex and Christmas could let it slip to each other that they have F2 with Paul and team up.

Comment

I really don't have a favourite this year to win. Right now Paul is playing the best game, but if he goes to F2 I hope whoever he goes with wins. That would be hilarious. I guess I still really like Christmas if push comes to shove, and hope she makes it. I gave up on her after she broke her foot, figuring she'd not be able to compete and she'd be voted out quickly, but she's managed to stay for quite a while.

Comment

• kokomogirl
                kokomogirl commented
                Editing a comment
                I really like Christmas too. I wish she had been able to play to her fullest but I think she has played the best game she could under the circumstances. I hope she makes it to F2, knowing she won't win the season outright but I think she'd be happy with 2nd place. I think if she had been able to play to her full potential, we would have seen a totally different season.

• BettyBoo
                BettyBoo commented
                Editing a comment
                Also wonder that if she was physically able and had won some comps would she have been targeted early? We'll never know since it played out the way it did. But, she laid the foundation when she was the first to be kind to Josh during his first week and that relationship is paying off for both of them.

I would love to see Kevin pull out an HOH win. Didn't Derricks win when his back was up against the wall?

Comment

• magoopy
                magoopy commented
                Editing a comment
                I would love it too! I really dislike how everyone is talking about him behind his back. I don't know if he knows how much jeopardy he is in. Just not liking this immature bunch.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X