This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Feed Discussion - August 26

Here's where you can discuss what's happening on the Live Feeds.
    Please note that this forum will contain SPOILERS.
    Please stay on topic within this thread.

For off topic conversations, and for catching up with your BBU friends, please use the BBU CAFE Thread.

If you haven't signed up for the Live Feeds (CBS ALL Access) you can CLICK HERE or click on any of the banners to get signed up and help support this website at the same time. (CBS ALL Access) also has many other great features to check out. Note that BBU only gets credit for NEW subscriptions so you would need to sign up using a new email address in order for BBU to get credit. Thanks!

Live Feeds not for you?
    Like the Live Feed Discussions?
    Like the Live Feed Updates?

Another great way to help support all that we do here is by clicking our PayPal Button. - You don't need a PayPal account to donate.

Morning all

Doesn't look like Veto happened over night. Everyone is tucked in bed sleeping. Maybe they picked players early so they could measure them for something or maybe they plan on getting an early start.

Stay tuned for veto today.

Comment

Good Morning All,

Not sure what I want to happen with Veto today. Would love for Kevin to win Veto today so Matt and Raven know that one of them are going home. Will they reveal any secrets? On the other hand if Matt wins he is going to take down his girl (since they both think the plan is to backdoor Kevin) the blindside would be fun to watch.

Downside if they know that one are leaving, then we get Raven and Matt falling all over each other until Thursday.

Comment

• Luanne
        Luanne commented
        Editing a comment
        I am going to pull for Kevin to win this one.

• KeninVA
        KeninVA commented
        Editing a comment
        I want Matt to win, and then pull Raven off the block.

• herms is here
        herms is here commented
        Editing a comment
        Me too. If Matt wins does he really use it on Raven, or on himself. This plan better go as they expect. If anyone else besides the nominees win the veto, is the plan to keep the nominations the same? Kevin better not go out on Jason watch. But could Jason actually backdoor him? That would be the ultra betrayal.

I would love to watch the feeds after noms stayed the same lol.

Comment

I'm catching up with Thursday's Project Runway. Love that they actually create something under pressure. Don't always agree with judges, but there's always dresses that knock me out. I used to sew a lot of my clothes since was a cheap alternative, but never as wildly creative as those designers are. Nice alternative from the BB character attacks.

Comment

• Luanne
          Luanne commented
          Editing a comment
          Love that show, I have not had a chance to watch yet. Plan on watching this morning. Life is very busy right now.

• beckyd30
          beckyd30 commented
          Editing a comment
          They should give the HGs a sewing machine, patterns and material and see what they could make. Ramses would have killed a challenge like that. Hey, that could be a new HOH endurance comp, first one to make a shirt that looks like a shirt - wins!!!

Good Morning! I am hoping for a Matt win today, only to see if he is that stupid to take Raven off the block. If he is, what a disappointment he has been this year. Been thinking maybe he was laying low and then going to turn it on. Listening to his stupid speech about eating cereal and winning nothing I am not holding out hope that we are going to see any action out of him. Don't think Kevin is in any danger. Matt or Raven will go before him.

Comment

I know it's a long shot, but I would like to see a Kevin win just to see the realization dawn on Matt and Raven that one of them will be going to jury. Can you imagine what the jury house will be like if Matt arrives to meet Cody, Elena, and Mark?

Comment

Morning all,

Having read Lexie's article, I am hoping that Matt wins the veto, and follows through on pulling Raven off the block. So, for that to have even a chance of happening, Matt must win today. OTEV must have some blood, or every new HG in the future is going to look at this season, and think that people volunteering for the block, or staying up on the block, without consequence is normal. The only other outcome I would find acceptable, is to see Kevin go up, and see what the house does. Do they split the couple, or has Paul and Alex stirred the pot so much that they decide to end Kevin's game.

Comment

What surprises me is how Kevin is oblivious to how the HG's are finally reacting to his months of not cooking for himself or doing the normal 'house' type chores.

He may be used to all the females in his life doing everything for him...... which is exactly how Josh was in the beginning.....

However even Josh has grownup a bit and recognizes that about himself. Kevin seem stuck. He has the cut close sides of his head which is current, however his 'Kevin Style' slicked back hair is from the olden timey days. He wants to fit in and seem relevant, but now that there's fewer HG's, he hasn't taken any pains to smooth his approach to people.

In the beginning, his charisma separated him from the easier targets... now there is no where to hide.

Comment

• LCnSummer
                LCnSummer commented
                Editing a comment
                LOL herms,

Ya buuuuttttt, EVEN if Kevin thinks you like him,....iffin yous tell him ta make his OWN durn BES, he might then decide he thinks yous sketchy...(gack)...and since yous in my alliance...(YAY)...I would quickly jump up and say, "Yous betcha Boston, one BES on its way"...(casting askance your direction real stealth like)...BeFORE you had a chance to say something that would make me have to...(GACK)...create a pretend reason to pick a fight with someone not in our alliance...((Double-GACK))...to stop anyone from thinking anything bad about yous.n.stuff...

Whew, this alliance stuff is a LOT of work

• OhThisHouse
                OhThisHouse commented
                Editing a comment
                Was Derrick from Boston? He is a cop, and maybe Kevin is member of the Brotherhood.

• Border57
                Border57 commented
                Editing a comment
                Derrick is from Rhode Island.

I'd like to see Paul win POV. 😊

If if he doesn't use it he will have to explain that to Raven and Matt. If he uses it he will have to explain it to everyone else. 😬

Comment

• beckyd30
                beckyd30 commented
                Editing a comment
                It would be funnier if Kevin wins and pulls down Matt. Then Jason has to put Paul up and boom they can get him out.

• bamabbfan
                bamabbfan commented
                Editing a comment
                beckyd30 That is such a great idea, just don't see it happenin' though! They are all too smitten with Paul, that they would never do that to him. Sure wish they would, though!

• Luanne
                Luanne commented
                Editing a comment
                I think if Paul wins it, he will pull Raven down. Kevin will go up and everyone but Paul will vote Matt out. That way Paul is still good with everyone.

Trying my best to stay current but difficult. My take on the small bit I have seen on live feeds is that there is a possibility that if Kevin goes on the block he goes out. Paul sees Kevin as a Jason supporter thus needs Kevin to go. Maven stays intact to help get Jason out. I don't see how Paul continues the ruse of being on team Alex and Jason. The comps will be less of a crap shoot for the remainder of the game. Unless Paul can throw a HOH comp win to Christmas, Josh or Maven, he will have to be the one to put Jason on the block. I think it will be hard for the other remaining HGs to beat either Alex or Jason in comps. Are we headed for an Alex- Jason comp run to F2?

And btw I am a Jason fan.

Comment

• Luanne
                Luanne commented
                Editing a comment
                I am afraid that one of Alex/Jason will go home next Thursday. They are a strong couple and the rest of the house wants them out. I am a Jason fan also.

Yep I'm with Ken & LC on this I want to see Matt be stupid enough to pull Raven down, witness Kevin recognize he is NOT AJ's top 4 guy & then watch Paul, Xmas & Josh decide who leaves.

Listening to Matt rationalize how deserving Maven's "clean game" was made me throw up a little in my mouth. Hearing Matt say they might still win America's favorite, (but Josh likely had it won) reminds us all how often the hamsters are off base from reality.

To wit, generally each season there are 1 or 2 hamsters I'm annoyed by, but this season was jam packed with players I just couldn't find reasons to like. I disliked Elena immensely, didn't like Mark's two faced personality/game play & the toilet story put me over the edge. Likewise I wasn't fond of Jody as I found Jess to have unwarranted expectations & Cody to be someone who refused to make an effort on a personal level in a SOCIAL GAME (besides he hates Canadians, lol). I can't help but note if Paul had not been in the house it would have been those 4 who would have been the last players standing & they wouldn't have cared less about how others were treated. Suffice to say I didn't shed any tears over their departures. It's also highly doubtful they would be ranking so high in the polls if not for the fact they became the underdogs. Similarly, I've never felt any kinship with Raven & Matt was by far my greatest disappointment as he never amounted to anything close to what my expectations were for him.

Initially I liked Alex's feistiness, but her recent arrogance is annoying. Like Jody who thought playing 7 minutes a day qualified them as the most deserving Alex's decision to shift into "I've won mode" is equally appalling. I do like Jason & feel he is more genuine in nature, but for as much as his association with Alex got him deep in the game it will also likely cost him the deep run he covets since his association with her will result in his eviction (likely as soon as someone other then he or Alex win HOH). I truly enjoyed Kevin but like Herms I agree he should have made an effort to adapt more. Still, he's made me laugh more than anyone this season & Jason has provided my two or three heart touching moments this season between his comments about making every moment count with his wife & learning he would be a papa for 2nd time.

To be honest I'm not mad if it's Paul, Josh & Christmas who are the last 3 standing, although I do think Josh would cut Paul to take Xmas. Of those in the house all 3 had to overcome some sort of major barrier. Say what you will about Paul's safety BB Canada gave Neda safety through jury & she left the very night it ended. Credit is due to him for playing 24 -7, remaining two steps ahead of everyone and above all ADAPTING.

Christmas dealt with a major physical injury, but managed to stay afloat and in some ways is equally responsible for Josh's longevity in the house. Josh for me has the best read next to Paul (sometimes better) and has shown the ability to win others over. I certainly wouldn't have picked those 3 in week 1 or 2 to be the players I'd be satisfied reaching F3, but I'm good if that's how it plays out. Prior to this week I was also good if Alex had been in the mix, but her stupid jury tampering game moves & arrogance has me wanting her put in her place. In fact, if Jason leaves next week nothing would satisfy me more than a freak Kevin HOH win & her leaving on his HOH right afterward.

I'm super curious if Paul won the final HOH & did travel to game's end with Xmas/Josh who he would take. At this stage I'd prefer Josh simply b/c he's been more right than wrong about the players and had to overcome IMHO the greatest hurdles. I'd like to see Jason in the mix, but I can't see how he gets there short of pulling a successful Victor run of HOH's & POV wins.

Anyway... most interesting notes of past day are Alex admitting to Paul she voted out Matt and the clear message that sent. Paul immediately recognized she has drank her own kool-aid. Apparently (as per Jason/Paul HOH convo) she was even openly talking at dinner last night inferring to the others she expects to win. That is a recipe for disaster. Paul has immediately moved to his next step based on her actions & has already begun suggesting to Alex/Jason they should throw the next HOH to Josh to take out Kevin so they don't have to get the blood on their hands. This of course is meant to set up AJ so one of them will leave.

In today's POV the goal is to try to throw it to one of Josh or Kevin so noms stay the same. I'm not sure how wise it is of Josh to try to win since it may ignite Raven to go cray cray on him. Ideally a Kevin win keeps it clean for the majority without fault of their own. Still, we'd prefer drama, so let's see what happens.

If you recall I was leaning toward Paul probably wanting to win F6 HOH (thinking it would be DE) & he did say last night he wanted to take that one plus of course he wants the F4 HOH so he has safety. No doubt he'll also gun for F4 POV depending on who he's in the house with. At this point my entertainment comes from watching Paul maneuver each of the duos plus Kevin with great adeptness. AND as per above whether he will get ousted at F3. I've gained a new respect for him as a player and I've long ago come to terms with him probably winning. At least he's played well enough to be a deserving winner (unlike Nicole who laid in bed all last season).

I know many haven't enjoyed the predictability of the season, but for me I've been engaged trying to stay a step ahead of Paul & what he'll do next. So, at least for me personally the season has been enjoyable just for that reason alone. I hated the season Steve won (BB17?) and we seldom get seasons like this year's BB Canada which was awesome (except the winner lol).

Heading into Day 69 it appears a certainty Maven will be separated this week when Matt leaves & with no one else willing to chance taking Raven to F2 I'd be okay with any of the others getting paid. I know Kevin is an unlikely finalists, but he did out smart many of them for a good portion of the season, so him getting second place would be palatable in my books.

Anyway, I'm off to see if the Cavs have turned down this Thomas - Irving trade (IT's bad hip apparently not looking too solid in physicals) or if Shylock Ainge will sweeten the pot with more draft picks for Cavs to soften the blow when LeBron leaves next summer (not confirmed - but I would bet my own money on it ).

Enjoy the rest of your weekend all.
              Last edited by TTOTambz; 08-26-2017, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Alex has been grating on my nerves. I guess I wouldn't be opposed to Josh in the finals. What about these players as final 4: Kevin, Paul, Jason, and Josh. We have had two female winners back to back if you consider BBOT.

Comment

• birdiefriend
                  birdiefriend commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I still like Alex, yes, she got a little full of herself yesterday, but she's worked much harder to get to the end than Kevin ... washing towels was his specialty! So, Alex, Paul, Jason and Josh as final 4 would be fine by me!

• Luanne
                  Luanne commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Alex has made me mad several times but she has played hard. I would love a Alex/Jason final 2 but that will not happen. No one is willing to help them get there. Everyone in the house wants them out. I think if Paul ends up in F3 with Christmas and Josh, he could go out third. I would love that.

• Border57
                  Border57 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  birdiefriend, remember Kathy, who did laundry all summer for everyone? I think she may have been in Brittney's first season? Maybe not, I'm getting seasons mixed up. Anyway, she was the older woman they kept around.for so long. Kevin is the male version of that!

Originally posted by bamabbfan View Post
                beckyd30 That is such a great idea, just don't see it happenin' though! They are all too smitten with Paul, that they would never do that to him. Sure wish they would, though!
                It might be the best time to make that move. Jason was "on the fence" in the talk with Mark, but if he can break the barrier and talk to Xmosh (Xmas/Josh nickname?) maybe he can make them see that Paul has a F3 with everyone in the house. If they know that he has a deal with each of them, they can ask Maven and see he has one with them too. There is still a sliver of hope that one will stop letting Paul keep them apart and talk to each other for once in the game.

Comment

If Paul makes it to the final 2 again, I hope he loses just as he did last year. I just really dislike him. I hope that BB stops putting vets in the house with newbies. Let's have a real old fashioned season where no one has ever played before and no one has any advantages given to them by TPTB. Or make it all vets. That wouldn't be bad to watch. But, this sprinkling of people who have played the game before who walk in having that advantage over the others doesn't sit well with me. If they hadn't of given Paul the 3 weeks he would have been out on Cody's HOH. Giving him that power changed everyones game. Not cool...

Comment

• OhThisHouse
                    OhThisHouse commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Well, Paul lost to a Vet that slept her way to the win. I forget how many vets were in jury or how many of Nicole's bed mates were in jury. I agree, an all vet house would be interesting, no winners how ever.

• TTOTambz
                    TTOTambz commented
                    Editing a comment
                    OhThisHouse there were 2 vets in jury (DayVonne & James although James voted for Paul) plus Paulie (Cody's brother who knew her prior) Corey the guy she was in bed with all summer & Zakiyah who was sleeping with Cody & friends with Day. The kicker was Natalie who only voted for Nicole b/c she wanted a girl to win.

Everyone knows I was extremely annoyed by Paul for the majority of last season, but in the end felt he deserved to win. From my perspective he has worked this season harder than anyone else. And, I'm not a fan of helping players with extra benefits but Cody & Jess got a ton of help this season too. They just didn't play the game fully. Also, I'm not as bent on the vets vs newbies difference b/c I'd bet any one of this wonderful BBU crew would be smart enough as a newbie to recognize the things which matter. For example: you have to play the entire game, you need to break up showmances & BLIND SIDE VOTE OUT VETS. right? We all know that, so these self proclaimed "super fans" should too. The problem is many come on BB (Elena, Dom, Jess to name a few) simply looking for exposure or careers in entertainment. Even Cody referenced repeatedly how Jess was setting up their post show engagements for the duo.

Of note, I heard a podcast early on with Megan (the lady who self evicted) who stated way back in week 2 that Jody were doing this both to gain exposure and make money in the entertainment industry. She said the "true" relationship with a shot was Maven. Now, that's not to say Cody didn't develop feelings, I'm just not buying Jess' feelings are real. We'll see how long they last post show or whether this is for publicity only (on her part at least).

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X