This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Feed Discussion - September 10

Here's where you can discuss what's happening on the Live Feeds.
    Please note that this forum will contain SPOILERS.
    Please stay on topic within this thread.

For off topic conversations, and for catching up with your BBU friends, please use the BBU CAFE Thread.

If you haven't signed up for the Live Feeds (CBS ALL Access) you can CLICK HERE or click on any of the banners to get signed up and help support this website at the same time. (CBS ALL Access) also has many other great features to check out. Note that BBU only gets credit for NEW subscriptions so you would need to sign up using a new email address in order for BBU to get credit. Thanks!

Live Feeds not for you?
    Like the Live Feed Discussions?
    Like the Live Feed Updates?

Another great way to help support all that we do here is by clicking our PayPal Button. - You don't need a PayPal account to donate.

Morning all.

I have one question this morning. With all those beds and so few HGs left, why does Christmas insist on sleeping with Paul still?

Comment

• Border57
      Border57 commented
      Editing a comment
      Didn't she say to Josh a few days ago that she had a crush on Paul?

• birdiefriend
      birdiefriend commented
      Editing a comment
      I wonder how she'll feel when he cuts her and keeps Kevin?

When they get out, I wonder if people believe the 'smooth talkers' who had them convinced they were friends, do they trust anything they say? Or people who watched the feeds and seen them in action? I would have a hard time believing Derrick or Paul, would always be suspicious of them. Last night Josh said to Paul & Christmas 'don't you think the Jury have connected the dots?' Paul said 'no, they don't know anything'. If I were in jury I'd be angry, at my self for being conned, at Paul for conning me. I guess that Production will convince them to vote only on 'game play' and Paul will win because he is the only one who really played the game,but it would leave a really bad taste in my mouth.
    Last edited by birdiefriend; 09-10-2017, 09:28 AM.

Comment

• birdiefriend
      birdiefriend commented
      Editing a comment
      On a game level, I know you are right Betty and I would vote for Paul. On a personal level, after the game, I would not trust or call him friend. Like Luanne said, he made them all believe he was with them all the way. If I had been a friend outside before this I would be questioning everything he says.

• grannychris
      grannychris commented
      Editing a comment
      You know that most of what Paul did goes beyond "game play" Paul thinks he outdid Derricks game, but his game has been mean spirited. That is the difference between the two. He can't let the person leave without putting them through the ringer first. All the jury at one time was the mob against the evictee and then they got the same treatment when they sent out. When did Derrick ever send Cody out to attack another house guest? He didn't play mean. I read a comment last night that they were trying to get Josh to go and start a fight with Kevin. This is not game play.......this is entertainment for Paul and Xmas.

• TTOTambz
      TTOTambz commented
      Editing a comment
      I listened to a podcast by Jessica today who said in her opinion Paul is the only one playing the game (and Alex is a distant second). She said she can't imagine Cody won't vote for him. Further, she mentioned what Josh said to Jason in his GB message is going to cause conflict, but she still expects Paul will win b/c he's the only deserving person left basically.

Asked about her relationship with Paul she said she's anxious to talk to Paul post show b/c she's not happy about how he talks about Cody, but it could just be game & she hopes they can resolve it b/c she would like to be friends with him. And, she also pretty much detests Raven & Xmas.

Cannot wait for Paul to Tell Alex not Veto For you...

Comment

​​​​Il bacio della morte: Kiss of death

Last night, Alex couldn't figure out why Kevin was suddenly nice to her. This is his game starting with Cody to salt the Jury with his 'friendliness '. He knows Alex is leaving, so all pleasant with her though they've been enemies for weeks. For somebody who's smart, Alex can really be a dope. She only sees what she wants to see, not what is.

​​​​​​

Comment

• birdiefriend
        birdiefriend commented
        Editing a comment
        She will probably blame Josh and/or Christmas

The mob mentality of being cruel is hard to watch. (It's TV but it's also life for so many.) Would we watch if it was a boring "reality"? Yes please? Ohhhh ... no thank you? Drama, drama in another form.

Josh goes along with it but then becomes very morose about it afterwards. Is he the only one left (besides Kevin) who actually knows how wrong it is or was or may be perceived? Is the power of wanting to be kept in the club overpoweringly tearing away at basic morals? I think we are seeing first hand why gangs have such power over people who commit all types of atrocities. Yes, the BB gang abuse mentality lacks an old fashioned faith based foundation of kindness and backbone, however, my 30 year old son thinks it's funny. (He's found the difference between TV and real.) My 42 year old sons don't care. (Why do you watch that cr-p?) My 92 year old mother is shocked. (Everything is real.) And me ... well we all need someplace to just not be "on" all the time. I don't always smile at the person in the mirror. It's the war of two worlds and exactly what has been scripted. We get to see the two faces of public persona and private persona and in BBland they merge for our "entertainment".

We we are seeing firsthand if someone does something terrible why their family and friends say. "But, but ... she/he was always so good I would never have thought they were "that" kind of person or they weren't raised "that" way ...". Isn't the new "normal" for this generation is to want everything to be "PC"? You know ... Accept this or that ... or else; don't bully but it's ok to riot against those with a differing opinion; or being so fair to everything but can't even try to listen to a new idea? Are we awatching a deteriorating society? How cults emerge firsthand? Prison and isolation lessons? Nice doesn't get you anywhere? How generation from generation change? Nope? Oh wait .. yes? It's what BB wants you to consider.

I can't imagine what I would be like locked up with someone for 24/7. Everyone has two faces ... just which one would you want people to see? Or like BB cast, would you even care after awhile?

Hmmmm .... early morning pondering ....

Another beautiful day in No California... I hope everyone is safe in their world.

Comment

• LCnSummer
        LCnSummer commented
        Editing a comment
        It's after 9pm, PST, and I'm finally getting to read today's LFD's. Thanks for your early morning pondering. I really enjoyed them.

Mobs only work if individuals join the mob. Paul, Christmas, Raven and Alex thrive on chaos. Josh was a willing participant. Matt, Jason and Kevin didn't like it but weren't willing to step in to stop it since Cody, Jessica, and Mark were considered acceptable targets. Remember, this nastiness started with Cody and Josh's treatment of Meagan. The house vibe was nasty from the beginning, it wasn't started by Paul. He was quiet until Cody nommed him. But, yes, he fed on it to unite the team against those he needed out.

Do I find Paul a pompous little creep, yep. But if they believed his friendship crapola, that's on them. 900 people drank Jim Jones Kool-Aid, but others chose to run and tell the tale. Imagine the gang from Season 15 are feeling better now there's been an uglier season.
      ​​​​​​

Comment

Happy to see. Alex finally leaving this week, liked her in the beginning and thought she would be a great game player but she was a major let down.
        Can't wait to see her reaction when Paul finally tells her he's not using the veto on her and she realises she is leaving and it's because of PAUL! Her new "ride or die" 😂

Now hoping Paul does not win HoH this week and either Christmas or Kevin win it. Either one would nominate Josh/Christmas or Josh/Kevin and then hoping Josh can pull out a POV win. The HoH would have to put up Paul since there would be no other option and Josh would be the soul vote so we could finally say Bye, Bye Paul!!!

​​​​​​I know it's a long shot but get a girl can dream, right?!

Comment

• herms is here
          herms is here commented
          Editing a comment
          I like what you are wishing. Josh should be the one that strikes at Paul. It would be game justice. But where would that leave Kevin? I truly think that Paul is planning a final 2 of himself and Kevin. Since I live in the Tampabay area I am expecting the show to not be shown do to the hurricane.

I agree with everything you just said, Betty, particularly that "Mobs only work if individuals join the mob'. No truer words. As well, you are right in that this all nastiness started with Cody and Josh's treatment of Meagan.
        Paul's game has worked so well because it was completely bought into by most. He snowed his competitors, plain and simple. And if they were just too dumb to see what he was doing on all sides of the house, that is their problem and poor gameplay on their parts. Paul outplayed all. Was it pretty? Nope. But neither were most player's games this season. Paul has earned this season's win, imo, hands down.
        As for Josh, his talks with himself about seeing the truth, feeling bad, etc, mean nothing if he doesn't do something about it. I'd bet that even had he won the veto, he would not got Paul voted out. It seems to me a case of trying to make America. and himself, think he would do 'the right thing' in his eyes, yet secretly hoping he wouldn't have to actually make the decision.
        So Paul will go in guns blazing to win the next HOH, I would think. I'd like to see Josh go. The guy is a wreck.

Comment

• BettyBoo
          BettyBoo commented
          Editing a comment
          Just read that Josh said he was going to 'force' a split vote. Talk about delusional. He can muddy up the Jury, but I doubt most in Jury respect Josh as much as they do Paul as a player. He can't play for next HOH, so only could control vote by winning Veto. I could see Paul and Christmas giving it to Kevin to get Josh out.

Is anyone listing to this bull Paul is heaping on Alex?

Comment

Just checking in, read the updates. So Paul told Alex and pretended to cry. Right now Josh looking for Alex and Paul is about to lose it. I guess no one is allowed to talk to her except him. I can not sand Paul. I would love to see him make F3 and then get sent out. I guess he is sending Christmas to make sure Josh does not talk to Alex. I switched cameras so not sure. Paul is so controlling.

Comment

• Walleye
            Walleye commented
            Editing a comment
            Lol i want to see him make F2 and lose again.

Paul went into the room with Josh. From what I read, I do not think he is telling Josh the truth. He said she called him selfish. He is acting like it was so hard on him. Paul really does not care that he is not pulling her down. He is just acting like it hurts to do it. Telling Josh no more tripping. Josh just sitting there with his glasses on.

Comment

I agree with you Luanne! My hope is that Paul makes final three and then gets booted! I am so done with this season. Really a yucky group this season! And I HATE how Christmas talks to and treats Josh! She is one mean person! At this point I can't even give her credit for making it so far with a broken bone. Unlikable!

Comment

Good day all,

Watching the house last night it seems like Josh is kind of losing it. I find him an interesting study b/c he went from being completely happy to throw out mixed signals to Maven & Jalex (both pairs thought he was locked into a F5 with them) to suddenly saying he's played an honest loyal game. Perspective is a funny thing -- as is the end game. This isn't completely new b/c as the hamsters get close to the end they start to examine their chances at winning. Deep down Josh knows he already acted somewhat selfishly given his GB message to Jason. Now he's planning on telling Alex the truth prior to her leaving as well. In fairness it may be an attack of conscious like he says BUT I'm more prone to believe this is posturing for position. It might also be a factor of something his letter said or TPTB asking leading questions.

It's also likely Christmas refusing to lock down a F2 with him annoyed him, although he did shake with Paul on a F2 which he has no intention of keeping. Josh's perspective is so skewed negatively toward Paul now he didn't believe Paul did not tell Kevin to throw POV (he didn't) and even when Kevin told him he didn't throw it Josh seemed skeptical. I think Kevin told him he was color blind, but I might be imagining that (I know he told Paul who told them).

Regardless, it's hard to believe Paul isn't dialed in to Josh's demeanor & abrupt change which started last week and has continued into this week. I would be very surprised if he isn't aware Josh is up to something - though Josh does seem to be his weak spot for whatever reason.

Moving forward, if Josh tells Alex there is no way she'll remain quiet, so unless his message is delivered in a GB message Paul will know he's overtly taking care of his game. Now, Josh has every right to do this (and should have been much sooner though he likely would have been evicted if he did). but we all know Paul won't be happy he's grown any independence. Also, I noticed last night when the trio were discussing this coming week Christmas was pushing to be the one on the block with Kevin, but the first sign that Paul might be on to Josh & has no intention on taking him to F3 surfaced during this conversation. Xmas' reason for being on the block was b/c of the things Kevin has said about losing to a girl & worse a girl with one leg. But, then Paul countered with, so maybe you want to be the one making the single vote.

This tells me Paul intends to win F4 HOH so he's safe & also F4 POV but he'll need to establish who is on the block so the person not on it gets the vote. I'm having a little brain fart b/c I know the HOH can't make the vote at F4 but I'm pretty sure they can use the POV prior to the vote. (Didn't Danielle take Dan off the block prior to him voting out Shane?). Regardless, I think Paul wants to put up Kevin & Josh and then work Xmas to take out Josh b/c of his recent behavior. This gets Paul to F3 with his best opportunity to win AND to get to the F2 as by some long shot either of Kevin or Xmas won the final round I think they would still take Paul over the other. Plus, I think he might be able to sell Xmas on being able to beat Kevin in one of the first 2 rounds. In this scenario all he has to do is lock her down to take him & then if she wins it won't matter who takes part 3.

Christmas has grown very annoyed with Josh. She's being over the top, but I kind of get why she's annoyed, b/c Josh is definitely acting very different. Plus, Josh had no problem banging pots & pans and getting in people's faces early in the game, but now he's suddenly angry people see him as emotional. This is the other factor of BB which occurs yearly. How you are initially seen in the house tends to be how you are viewed at the end barring some big upturn in wins. It's possible to lie low & turn it up, but almost impossible to come in hot & back track. It may be why Paul has such an affinity for Josh b/c he probably reminds Paul of himself last season. Paul was a mess tied to Josea & Victor & lucked out being the guy who bounced around with the vets & locked in with Victor who protected him with his many comp wins.

Alex was also pretty heated today on the back couch furious over Josh turning on Jason & putting her on the block. Now Paul has gone to her & told her he can't use the POV & explained to her that removing her means they (Xmas/Josh) will target him next & he won't get their votes. He explained she did better jury management.

It's going to be interesting how Alex deals with the news from Jason & Paul did tell Alex his plan is to take josh to F2 (interesting choice & surprising IMHO... this occurred while I was typing so I'm still processing if he was telling her the truth or not). Alex doesn't want Kevin to reach F2 which Paul says he won't (likely b/c he knows Kevin will vote for him over Josh or Xmas).

The only thing I think that might change now is if Josh who keeps trying to talk to Alex (but she won't talk to him) tells her everything which he told live feeders he would. If he does tell her they've (PaXJo) have been working together the whole game I think it will cost Josh the chance at a F2 chair b/c Paul will know immediately that Josh has another agenda. Then Paul will end up taking Xmas/Kevin to F3. I mean he could be blowing smoke about taking Josh to F2 but it seemed genuine. Then again, he's spouting lies to her (other than I do believe they'll be friends post show). Perhaps I'm giving Paul too much credit b/c others don't believe he's upset, but I did think he seemed upset in the kitchen after telling her (I might be getting misted lol).

Should be an interesting night in the BB house. The reality of the situation is I'm not sure Alex could have beat Paul either. For now the big factor (regardless of where Josh ends up) is if Paul reaches the F2 whether this jury will be bitter & not give him top prize. It's been an extremely difficult season to watch from a social perspective which began the first week with Jody (as per BettyBoo's earlier post) and carried through the entire season. As I said previously you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink ie: each of these players made the choice to participate in the cruelty, attacks and ostracizing.

Alex was no saint & thought she had this game won weeks ago. She underestimated how players will always drag along floaters or goats & shouldn't have attacked others/been mean just b/c everyone else was. For some reason Alex's treatment of Kevin bothered me worse than some of the other attacks. Perhaps b/c it was unnecessary & had nothing to do with game. It always felt like her anger toward Kevin had more to do with his closeness to Jason. That, and she didn't respect a different way to play the game. But, to say things about his physical appearance & make the others feel like they themselves would be in trouble if they spoke to him was cruelty at another level. Not sharing beer with him, telling people not to cook for him, share food or help him cook was asinine. I can't believe it was just a matter of his friendship with Jason, but I can't find another reason for it, so I'm baffled.

In terms of players who did not initiate or get involved in the attacks (Jason & Kevin for the most part were the only two) I do think they fear being made a target if they stuck up for others. Look at how much Alex went at Jason just b/c he refused to stop talking to Kevin, imagine how that would have been received by someone who wasn't her ride or die.

In retrospect Alex will learn some hard lessons from this especially once she realizes how she was viewed outside the house. Let's hope she gains a new appreciation for her more mature counterparts.

For those in the path of Irma I hope you are all safe and sound.
              Last edited by TTOTambz; 09-10-2017, 06:29 PM.

Comment

I dont understand why Josh is so upset right now

Comment

• Walleye
                  Walleye commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think he's losing it under the pressure of the end game. This kinda started with Jason and it's getting worse. Christmas shuts him down when he tries to get it out and he rightfully doesn't trust paul. He's super emotional with no outlet.

• TTOTambz
                  TTOTambz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I've been trying to figure this out too. When Paul was pulling nonsense to get out others it was fine for Josh, so from my perspective this seems almost like a tantrum. Xmas never said she wouldn't take him to F2 (though it does seem that way), rather that she hadn't made up her mind yet. And, Josh is so upset about Jason & Alex who NEVER intended to take him any further than F4.

For me, it feels like he now sees the game better & suddenly wants to reset it, to ensure he can win it. It's very odd b/c w/o Paul & Xmas he wouldn't have got this far in the game.

• Walleye
                  Walleye commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We forget how very immature he is. This might be more than he can handle. He's left with a bunch of sharks lol.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X