The Cave Ramblings 3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cave Ramblings 3.0

Was checking out the lower floors of BBU and realized that the Cave needed to be updated,

Russell,, I would love to hear from you. We miss you so much and hope you are doing ok.

In the Cave, we talk about anything and everything. The game, the house guest, our families, our pets, our towns and what ever strikes us.

I really thought this year was going to be a great year. After watching the initial interviews I was looking forward to the season. When feeds came on, we had three couples,,,did not like that., we get a returning player, did not like that, had someone walk out of the game, and did not like that.

I think this Thursday's eviction will bring us some excitement. I hope Josh wins HOH, Jessica uses her Hex which will end all the DOT. The game should get better.

It has been really HOT and muggy here, so I am staying inside more .

I am missing a lot of our members that were around for many years,, Wolfie, Mudd and so many more.

I do not have any pets to talk about but have loved hearing everyone's stories about theirs.

I have lit the candle for all of you...

Hi, Luanne ! Big hugs and thanks for starting this. Maybe one of the Mods can sticky it for a little while in case RUSSELL , RUSSELL#2 , or RUSSELL#3 wanders in (please?). I am missing a lot of our old friends, too. If any of you are lurking, just let us know how you are. Love you!

Comment

• Luanne
      Luanne commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope he is ok.......How are things going for you?

-smee- I opened the new cave in Big Brother 18,,, Going to try this again. Did not know how to bring your post over...

Comment

• ~smee~
      ~smee~ commented
      Editing a comment
      Found you!

It worked Luanne! The cave for BB19 is up and running. Missed seeing you tonight while we watched the show, although I left halfway through and moved over to discussion when I saw on the feeds Kevin went and told Jessica and Cody that 'the boy with the glasses' was probably getting voted out. Just finishing up rewatching the show and what I missed. The POV sure didn't last long, they pretty much got all out in one experiment. At the end of the show when Josh was in the DR all covered up in his blanket and glasses and then took them all off was pretty funny.

I miss a lot of the 'old timers too'. Wolfie has not been here for three years.....although I think of her being reincarnated as BettyBoo.

Comment

I missed the show completely. Granddaughter called and told me to pick her up. I can never say no to her. I will have to try and find the time that Kevin told them and watch it in flash back.

Mudd, Wolfie and MilitaryMom were here when I joined during season 6. During the early days I could hang out late at night with the late night crew. Now Thursday nights are the only night I stay up late.

Comment

Luanne, it was around 5:15 PM BBT.

How old is your Grandaughter? That is great she wants to come stay all night. I babysat my local grandaughter yesterday, but she is only 14 months. Can't wait till she can come over to stay all night and we can go out and do stuff together. I remember when I used to pack my little suitcase and go stay all night with my grandmother and great aunts. With my grandmother, before bed we would eat soft boiled eggs and liver wurst. LOL!!!! I loved it. I have two sisters and when we would go to grandmas and it was time to open a new tube of liverwurst we would fight over who got to have the ends of the tube that she would cut off. We would eat it from the cut off end of the tube. Good memories.

I remember the LNC too. So fun to read all of the posts.

Comment

Lynette,,, Thanks for the time.. She will be four in August. She spends the night every once in a while. She wakes up durning the night and wants to go home. I have to play with her to get her to stay. My daughter-in-law did not think she was ready to spend the night until she was 2 and 1/2. She does not leave her with any one but me. When ever she is having a melt down, her mother has her call me.

I remember going to my grandmother's house and having so much fun. My grandmother would send us home with tea cakes or some other goodies. It thrills me when Willow wants to take something home with her.
          Last edited by Luanne; 07-26-2017, 10:05 PM.

Comment

• Lynette
            Lynette commented
            Editing a comment
            How sweet. What a beautiful name too. My great aunt would make the best 'toll house chocolate chip cookies' She always had a jar of them and when she passed everyone wanted the cookie jar she kept them in.

• Luanne
            Luanne commented
            Editing a comment
            Willow does not like cookies or cakes but loves chocolate . I keep the little chocolate kisses in my cookie jar.

I moved smee's post here (see above after your initial post Luanne ). I had planned on moving the whole topic here but I was on my phone when I first saw it posted in the BB 18 season area and couldn't move it right then.

Russell, where are you? Come out, come out wherever you are!

Comment

• Luanne
            Luanne commented
            Editing a comment
            KennyERJ,,, you are the best Thank you so much for helping me and everything you do for us here at BBU. (Next time I will ask you to help me and save you some trouble)

A nice new cave. Now we just need Russell. I miss Wolfie and Nonobadfish too.

Comment

• Luanne
            Luanne commented
            Editing a comment
            I hope that one day I check and he has touched base with us. The cave is nice and clean, wonder how long it will stay this way.

• Lynette
            Lynette commented
            Editing a comment
            And no ANTS allowed. Hoping Russell checks in too.

• ~smee~
            ~smee~ commented
            Editing a comment
            I can have Mac, my pet Roomba, run through here every so often to keep it clean.

I was so excited this morning. Thought I finally had a hummingbird outside. I've done everything to attract them. Anyway I see one on the red flowers on the Jatropha tree, then I see another one fluttering around. I take video and pictures and call my husband who tells me to go outside and sneak up and try to get up close. I do and then find out, it is a big fat monarch butterfly!.....I've been putting off going to get my eyes checked, but now I really do need to go. I was SOOOOO disappointed. If I wouldn't have tried to go outside I would still think I finally got my hummingbird. Boohoo.

Comment

I don't know if you remember I was so upset about my dad and his health and how he was in the hospital in December, then two weeks at rehab hospital, then home, then back in hospital in February. Then he lived with me Feb, Mar, Apr and moved to assisted living in May. Gave his vehicle to my sister. I cleaned out his villa and got it sold and closed two weeks ago. He was diagnosed with cerebellar ataxia. He would lose all control of his leg muscles and couldn't get up. Last attack of this was February. Moved him in, got him off some of his meds, got better nutrition, lots of fluids, physical therapy, etc. and now I am so happy to report that he is like a new person. He will finish physical therapy next week, but he does his exercises on his own and walks and his balance is getting better. His mind is so much better. He does crossword type puzzles and word search books. Started getting him pedicures once a month. The massages on his legs helps his circulation I believe. He goes out twice a week to play the horse races at the dog track, and then plays poker. I got him to play bingo at his place, so now I go and run the bingo games twice a week. It is fun. I'm just so happy that I got my dad back for now anyway.

Comment

• Shan
              Shan commented
              Editing a comment
              this is wonderful news Lynette !! Made my heart smile! Cherish every moment, sweet friend <3

• Lynette
              Lynette commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you Walleye, Luanne, Smee and Shan! Luanne, you are right, the major problem was the meds and their interaction with other meds and even over the counter meds, and him taking them on his own. Once we got everything restricted and monitored and getting fluids, etc. he has made a miraculous recovery. He seems 20 years younger. He feels so good he talks about living on his own again. He can't, that is why he has improved so much with all the care.

• ~smee~
              ~smee~ commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm so happy for all of you , Lynette! The hubs' mother will be 94 in September and his father will be 95, 10 days later. Dad (and all the family) are suffering from Mom's severe dementia. Fortunately, she is not suffering -- she seems happy, but just can't remember what she is doing, or saying, or anything. Dad is still insisting that they live in their own condo, and he is her chief caregiver; it's killing him. We are all taking turns with "slumber-party duty"; someone stays with them every night, so that he can get some sleep, because she pops up like a jack-in-the-box for a good portion of the night. The hubs spends Friday days with them, one sister does their shopping and spends Saturday, and another spends Sunday. She goes to an adult daycare one day a week, and maybe be increasing to two. Today, he finally gave in and hired someone to come in two mornings a week to assist them. This is a big victory for us all; we have been pushing and pushing for this. It is so hard for him to give up any independence, which I fully understand and sympathize with; but as Lexie, and Shan, and you, Lynette, and so many more of us are finding out, taking care of parents is more and more necessary as people live longer. My parents both died relatively young, and did not live to this stage of life. I am grateful for the extra time we have had with the in-laws. I love them both.

((((Smee)))).....I remember you telling us about them as well. Glad he okayed getting some assistance. Baby steps I guess. If they can afford to be in assisted living, they do have places where they can be together and in the same room. There are some couples at dad's place where the wife has dementia and the husband moved there for her and they stay in a suite. Some of the dementia ladies walk the halls/garden areas and try to go in other peoples rooms all day long. I am so lucky that Dad went along with all this because he can be so very stubborn, but he finally realized he needed help and he didn't want me to be the one to do everything. I hope FIL will acquiesce to go somewhere together. Keep us posted please.

Comment

-smee- that generation are very tough and independent. They really hate to give up their home . I think a lot of it is about taking away their control. My Grandparents were not willing to give up and continued to do their own yard work. I hired a real nice man to be their yard man. I told them, I will pay him but you decide what he does and how you want him to do it. They loved that. I am glad that he decided to let someone help them,

Comment

So in the cave I'm usually more open. I've kinda stayed off the boards more this week cause it seems like it has gotten a little unpleasant at times. Does anyone know what set Kenny off to write that post about respecting BBU? Kenny is one of the nicest people on the planet and he seemed angry.

Comment

• Freebyrd
                  Freebyrd commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I hear ya' Walleye and was wondering the same thing.

• Lynette
                  Lynette commented
                  Editing a comment
                  IDK. It was probably on a Flag or an email post to the mods. Didn't see anything bad posted in discussion, but who knows. I'm not on here 24/7, lol. Hope it has all blown over and died down and the detractors are banned.

• KennyERJ
                  KennyERJ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for the compliments, everyone. I try to be good to everyone. I have my whole life. Been trampled on many times because of it but for the most part, the nice is still there, lol. To answer your question, it was a couple posts that were actually in the Live Feed Discussion that thankfully someone had flagged and I came here as fast as I could and deleted them (can't comment any further than that on the situation). Apparently I was pretty fast because none of you saw them. lol

Walleye, I have no idea. Not on as much this year but have not seen anyone have words. We all like different house guest but everyone respects our differences. I agree Kenny is so nice. He is willing to help anyone.

The cave is for our more open talks that may or may not apply to what is going on in the live feeds....

Comment

• Walleye
                  Walleye commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I've always loved the cave. Russell is my first real BBU buddy. I miss his insane stories and rants. We needed the Cave lmao.

• Lynette
                  Lynette commented
                  Editing a comment
                  His stories were insane too. At first I didn't really understand what the heck he was posting and thought he was a looney, nut case, LOL. I grew to love his "U" dog ramblings and then his storytelling. Sure hope he will come back and hope he is safe and doing well.

• Walleye
                  Walleye commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Lol he told me I was one of the first people to get him. We were besties after that 😀

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X