No announcement yet.

The Cave Ramblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two weeks till BB Day & not that I'm getting pre-patrol, but there's a pint of Ben & Jerry's Half-Baked waiting in the freezer. Saw Tweet that players are already being kidnapped. Has anybody you know disappeared? Can't wait to see list of players on Monday & hopefully some clues as to the game surprises. Come on, Otev, we promise to be good!!

(Besides I'm tired of having long discussions/arguments w/Sgt B over Thrones. He insists Stannis is alive since we didn't see Brienne behead him. I contend she had no reason to lie & is an honest person. Just one of our conversations each week-grin.)

Comment

• BTW Jeff & Jordan are having a boy. I'm sure Rachel already has him engaged to her daughter.

Comment

• We are sad in Detroit. Mr. Hockey, Gordie Howe has passed at age 88. Started w/Red Wings in 1946 and actually played in 6 different decades. He was amazing on the ice and a sweet gentleman off the ice. The new bridge being built between Detrot & Windsor, Ontario will be named for him.

Comment

• Walleye
          Walleye commented
          Editing a comment
          Great all time player. Sad day....

• The worse mass shooting in America. Mix religious anger w/homophobic rage and automatic weapons w/large clips and 50 innocent people are dead. Once again, we'll wring our hands but still find no solution. So sad, so frustrating. My prayers are for all those families suffering this horrific sudden loss and for the injured to recover.

Another somber day for we in America to reflect and look for a better way to live together in peace in this wonderful country.

Comment

• Luanne
          Luanne commented
          Editing a comment
          A very sad day....

• KennyERJ
          KennyERJ commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, so sad. My thoughts are with the victims and their families as well. R.I.P. to the victims who didn't live through it.

• ~smee~
          ~smee~ commented
          Editing a comment
          Amen, BettyBoo. Prayers for all.

• Anybody ever try Campari tomatoes? They've been my winter obsession since they've been consistently good, almost seasonal garden fresh. Just saying, if you're a tomato addict like me, nice option. FYI they're the size of a golf ball so can slice for sandwiches unlike cherry tomatoes.

Comment

• BettyBoo
          BettyBoo commented
          Editing a comment
          Look for them in the produce section at the grocery store near the packages of cherry tomatoes. They cost a bit more, but totally worth it. I don't have a green thumb, but thanks to neighbors get their over-production during season.

• ~smee~
          ~smee~ commented
          Editing a comment
          Love Camparis! Big tomato fan, but hard to find good ones if you don't garden (which I'm much too lazy to do) or know someone who will share. My mother used to big home baskets full (you know the cardboard kind with the wire handles), and we would live on tomato and Hellman's sandwiches. Still one of my favorite summer treats.
          Last edited by ~smee~; 06-17-2016, 08:33 AM.

• BettyBoo
          BettyBoo commented
          Editing a comment
          My Mama grew Burpee Big Boys and one slice was bigger than the slice of bread. So amazing-sweet & meaty (not white & crunchy like winter store tomatoes!). I can eat bowls of good tomatoes like ice cream.

• Russell, I hope you have some way to check in with all of us soon. I miss you. BB will not be the same if you are not able to post about the house guest and the game, Hope you are doing ok. i might need to start a "Cave Rambling" for the new season.

Comment

• birdiefriend
          birdiefriend commented
          Editing a comment
          Hurray ... I was hoping there would be a new one! And I'm hoping Russel can find a way to join in often.

• It is so HOT!!! I knew when I first came down here last fall that I would have a hard time with this heat. But this is ridicules!!! How in the hell do people that work outside survive??? I walk out my door into the corridor and it's like there is this huge forest fire and you are about to walk right into it. This is crazy. I have quit going to the VA even because the last time I set out on my bike I thought I was gonna croak about half way there. So if I have to go to the store or anything like that I wait till after dark. It's still hot just not like having the Sun beating down on you. Or in my case beating me down!!! For two days now I been trying to get on one of these computers but there is always a line of people waiting to use them and I can't take the heat for two hours waiting to use one. I got lucky today and only had to wait about twenty minutes and still thought I was gonna pass out. But it's nice and cool here in the room and you can bet your sweet bippie that I will use the whole two hours. Even then my shirt will still be sticking to me because of still having sweat on it. But having a wet shirt right at this moment is the bomb. Yep, the big one!!! The cool breeze is just that much cooler with a wet shirt. Wet t-shirt competition anyone??? Hey, it was worth a try anyways!!!
        I have a funny feeling that this season of BB is going to be devastating for me. No LNC is going to drive me crazy for sure. I was talking to this guy the other day and he was saying that he might could get me a job at the place he used to work at. But if it's one thing I do know well about this place. People like to talk. So putting any stock in what this guy is saying is like betting all your money on the long shot to win. It's possible I was born at night because I really don't remember but for sure it wasn't last night. I gotta go so I will be back soon. Bye...

Comment

• Glad you were able to post Russell! Saw the news this morning and five people died in Phoenix from heat related conditions and I hoped it wasn't you! Said they set a record yesterday 115. Saw it was 120 in Palm Springs and 124 on a sign in Burbank. Isn't that where BB house is? I'm sure the new houseguests can't be outside doing any comps now!

Comment

• RUSSELL#2
            RUSSELL#2 commented
            Editing a comment
            It's so hot here that you can't stand in one place to long. If you do your shoes might stick to the sidewalk!!!

• Good to hear from you, Russell! Stay out of the heat and be cool! We all miss you and this season of BB won't be the same if you're not here.

Comment

• RUSSELL#2
            RUSSELL#2 commented
            Editing a comment
            For sure I wont be able to get here very often as it goes right now but a feller can hope for something miraculous to happen. That's what I hope for anyways. Because I ain't none to happy about the way it stands right now...

• Russell, thanks for checking in with us. Stay out of the heat. We will miss your humor and thoughts about the game and the house guest. Take care of yourself my friend.

Comment

• RUSSELL#2
            RUSSELL#2 commented
            Editing a comment
            I am really going to miss hanging out with everybody here to. I have had some fun summers hanging out here and being a little crazy with some of my dumb things I can come up with to say. I truly have enjoyed everybody's support and encouragement. We seem to be a big happy family and I really like hanging out with everyone. It's kind of funny because I have been asked a few times if I have any kind of a support group. So I tell them about this site and I never fail to get some strange looks...

• I remember being taught in school that the reason the Bedouins wear their caftans in the scorching deserts is that it's actually cooler, since our body temps are less than external heat? Sounds counter-intuitive, but they never appear to sweat? So, RUSSELL#2 I suggest you trade the bicycle for a camel.

Good to hear from you & know that you're hanging in there. We were complaining of 90' here; can't conceive of 120!! Just keep hydrated with water and keep out of it as much as possible. In other words, take care, you're important to us!

Comment

• RUSSELL#2
            RUSSELL#2 commented
            Editing a comment
            I can't do critters. If I had a Camel I would be expected to pick up it's droppings and that' is where the problem starts and it never gets any better along the way...

• BettyBoo
            BettyBoo commented
            Editing a comment
            Fertilizer ?

Could be worse, you could be freezing in the Yukon with a couple dogs and sled?
            Last edited by BettyBoo; 06-23-2016, 01:14 PM. Reason: how did 'and sled' become 'be asked', oh mighty spellchecker?

• Are we still rambling?

Or will we ramble somewhere else?

I'm at that weird spot where I'm telling myself I'm not sure I want to get sucked into Big Brother this summer ... but I still have set the timer on my stove so that I can turn the TV on at 7 ... just in case.
          Last edited by cutencuddly; 06-22-2016, 03:11 PM.

Comment

• Luanne
            Luanne commented
            Editing a comment
            I say that every year but here I am - 2 hours early and so excited.

• cutencuddly
            cutencuddly commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL ... you know it!

• Only 4 more hours till show time! I'm anxiously keeping my eye on the weather and hoping it doesn't interfere with my watching and joining the fun here at BBU. They have been talking for days about the seriousness of this weather coming in so I'm going to be prepared just in case. It's supposed to be here from 7pm-3am (it keeps changing and every network says something different) with strong straight line winds, 1'' hail, lightening, heavy rain, and isolated but sustained tornadoes. Guess I better hook up the antenna on the TV in the rec room in case cable goes out, get my laptop and phone fully charged in case power goes out, get medicines and necessary items gathered, etc. just to be ready. Praying to the BB gods that all of us in the storm's path stay safe and are able to join the fun tonight.

Comment

• BettyBoo
            BettyBoo commented
            Editing a comment
            We're under threat too tho doubt they'll be as severe as other localities. Just gonna batton down the hatchs and pray power and cable stays on.

• RUSSELL#2
            RUSSELL#2 commented
            Editing a comment
            Stay safe koko!!!

• Lynette
            Lynette commented
            Editing a comment
            Thinking of you! Hope the storms are not severe anywhere!

• koko, I hope the storms miss you. Stay safe.

BettyBoo, stay safe and keep the hatches buttoned down.

Russell, so glad you are back on today.

EVERYONE--- I started a new "Cave" for all our ramblings not related to the feeds. The new cave is for the BB18 season. Of course we call all keep posting in both places if needed. I am so ready for the new season and the fun you all bring to the boards. Looking forward to a good year.

Comment

• Lynette
            Lynette commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Luanne!

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X