This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Feed Discussion-September 2

Here's where you can discuss what's happening on the Live Feeds.
    Please note that this forum will contain SPOILERS.
    Please stay on topic within this thread.

For off topic conversations, and for catching up with your BBU friends, please use the BBU Cafe Thread.

There are also quick reference forums where you can check These threads will contain Spoilers.

Head of Household Winner
    The Nominations
    Battle of the Block Winners
    Power of Veto

We've also added a BBU Chat Room - a place to hang out during the shows on Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday. Just another great option for you here at BBU!

If you haven't signed up for the Live Feeds ( CBS ALL Access) you can CLICK HERE or click on any of the banners to get signed up and help support this website at the same time. ( CBS ALL Access) also has many other great features to check out.

Live Feeds not for you?
    Like the Live Feed Discussions?
    Like the Live Feed Updates?
    Like the New Chat Room?

Another great way to help support all that we do here is by clicking our PayPal Button. - You don't need a PayPal account to donate.

Thanks for any support you can give !

Morning all!

So there was some excitement last night with a wall screamer. Will it change anything?

Comment

Moring geo and all who follow (morning TT),

Nothing much happened yesterday. Operation Trojan Horse, the plan to flip Austin and Jmac to pin the vote on Steve was a bust, partly because a wall screamer shouted out a bunch of stuff. All James heard was Austin wanted to vote Julia out. That got Jmac thinking, maybe, and the new plan became lets get Steve to flip the vote as well to catch Austin out, by it being a 4-1 vote to boot Julia. Then everything settled down, as James and Meg realized the Scamper Squad was up in the HoH, and the lights came on for a minute with James and Meg about the long term alliance that has been operating in the house against them for most of the game. Then.... James dismissed it as paranoia.

There are a few ways to judge Jmac's discussions with the TBM (Two Blind Mice, such a good term TTOT). In one potential take, he is sincerely interested in flipping the vote, targeting Austin or Vanessa or Liz, next, and then reforming with Steve/James/Meg to go up against the remaining two. What argues against that is that Austin can win, Liz can win, and Vanessa can win, and if he crosses Vanessa on the vote, he has no insurance that she does not target him and Steve as immediate threats, who won't watch her back. And, with Julia out, he has no assurance James and Meg to don't back to Liz and Austin. and he still has the problem that against Meg at Final 6, he is going out. The same logic applies to Steve.

My interpretation is that his assignment is to pry James from Austin, and get him pointed at the Austwins. The best way to do that, work really hard with them to try to save Meg, and report truthfully that he can't succeed. He half has James there, with Jmac harping on Austwins in the game. James is using it now, as a reason to vote Julia out. What he does not get is that Jmac is semi confident in Vanessa, and very confidant in Steve, and so doesn't need to turn on Vanessa.

The truth, one way or the other, is if Vanessa and Jmac talk this morning. If he tells her somewhat of James/Meg plans to get him and Steve to turn, that will re-enforce the John/Vanessa relationship in my mind. If he tells her we did not talk game at all, or he really misdirects her, that will tell me he is planning rebellion, and it will fail. I choose to believe that Jmac 2.0, having been resurrected, is a much less cautious player (but not suicidal), and so is willing to have these misdirection talks, since if it gets back to either Steve or Vanessa (the two people he cares about), they will protect him, and know that he is executing to an agreed plan.

Nothing much to see today, other than a potential to restart Trojan Horse tonight. I think the whole thing is going to be a bust, from a feeds perspective, with the bull horn shouter ruining our fun.

Comment

Morning Ken, Geo, All who follow,

I'm in agreement with you Ken in terms of JMac. I think he's OPEN to hearing the mice out BUT he doesn't want to screw over Vanessa YET... Something that I found interesting since his eviction was the news he told Van about the crowd reaction. When he said he'd work with Van &; vote out Meg the audience went dead quiet. I thought when Vanessa said that JMac told her how the audience was so keen for her to work with him it seemed odd. Then I heard him tell Steve when his & Van's video played there was a very different reaction compared to the Austin/Liz's. I'm sure that is true to a certain extent since the Austwits aren't very popular (but then again neither is Vanessa). It kind of ticked me off the mice's video's weren't shown b/c then JMac would know how popular they are.

Anyway, here's my thoughts on JMac & the bull horn man:

1) they obviously thought they heard "Austin wants Julia out"

2) for JMac that raises some suspicion since Austin could vote for Julia to throw a hinky vote & pin it on JMac to make him the bigger target.

3) James told JMac their Trojan Horse plan & said he'd get Austin to talk to JMac if he was okay with getting out Julia. (which I doubt will happen). But, it does show JMac he can trust James b/c he won't just ask him to vote hail Mary style.

4) I did like JMac's idea which unfortunately went over the mice's heads... which was if Austin was planning a hinky vote to put a target on the Rock Stars then instead of voting 3-2 they would both vote her out so it was 4-1 which would result in Liz knowing Austin lied/turned on Julia.

Like you Ken, I'm waiting to see the conversation between JMac & Vanessa. He did check the rule book which said they can't discuss it, which felt more like a way (reason) for him to keep that information to himself. And, I do think JMac has been fairly tight with Vanessa, however he still sees the potential for the 5 to work together to take out James and then him if the cards fell that way. Because of that I'm interested in also seeing JM's chat with Steve & if he'll tell Steve about the bull horn & tell Steve that Austin is trying to screw one of them to paint a target on them.

Steve is already a bit suspicious b/c of how Vanessa has shifted a bit now wanting James out next, so he's wondering if Van will be looking to go deeper in the game with Austin. Again, I'm dying to see those 2 conversations with JMac as it will tell us a lot.

Vanessa as I said last night has literally finished all her HOH's in better shape than she went in which is highly unusual. She has Austin targeting JMac/James (and even Steve/Julia ahead of her). She's trying to point Steve toward James/Austin noms & JMac toward Austwits. The only one really looking at her is James & the twins who say they'll use her as a pawn in response to Julia going up as a pawn (these girls... I just can't). JMac is trying to make James see the trio is much more dangerous & needs to be split.

I don't think the vote flips barring more bull horn announcements with additional information. If the bullhorn for example outed Vanessa has F2's with everyone but Liz then THAT might change some things. I did read someone wrote bullhorn man said Austin-Vanessa are together, but I'm not sure of it's validity & the crew outside definitely didn't catch it if it was said. Funny, it points to how few of these self appointed super fans don't watch the feeds or read the updates as Steve mentioned it happened years ago, but last season bull horn man was very active around the time Frankie was turning on Zach.

Once we get the JMac conversations with Steve/Van today we'll have a better feel for his intentions.

I did note the way JMac's interacting with James that the manner he's speaking to him is very similar to how he spoke to Clay when they were connected. JMac has never wanted to go deep with Steve so I do believe he wouldn't mind working with James, but he won't blow up his game or new relationship with Vanessa to save Meg. I also know Vanessa told Steve she was going to start saying some negative things about JMac to Austin, but I can never tell what's real with her given her tendency for paranoia and target shifting.

I don't know why the mice & JMac didn't just decide to make a plan to make up what they wanted re: the bull horn shouts In fact I've always wondered why the hamsters don't do that. If I were JMac I'd be telling Steve the bullhorn said Vanessa is tight with Austwits & just using them as shields. And if I were James/Meg I'd be telling Austin bullhorn man said Vanessa is playing him & plans to cut him for the twins to try to get him to vote out Julia.

The mice goal this week (or their sales pitch) can't just be a desperate plea to keep Meg, it has to be this is the perfect opportunity to cut a trio to a duo! As Ken highlighted yesterday the mice can't get past their friendship with the Austwits (though any friendship with the twits is fleeting at best). The problem is the mice SHOULDN'T EVEN WORRY ABOUT AUSTIN... THEY SHOULD BE FOCUSING ON THE ROCK STARS. Their pitch should be how dangerous it is to keep a trio that is comprised of twins & a showmance in the house & point to previous seasons & how the house NEVER let that happen for a reason. Further they need to approach this as "what is best for your game?" i.e. who out of Austin, Liz or Vanessa they'd prefer to work with & promise to put up the other two as the noms and use the 3rd member as the renom keeping the Rock Stars safe front & back.

They need to sell the Rock Stars on WHY cutting that voting block down to 2 is imperative at this point with the fact it's bad enough they'll still be a duo if they vote out Julia but that's better than a trio with only 7 players remaining. AND they need to point out if ANY of the trio make the F2 they've got an automatic 2 votes (and 3 with either Austin/Vanessa in the jury) so ideally all 4 need to be cut.

Bottom line odds are Meg will still leave, but James needs to pull the Rock Stars closer telling them I think everyone believes they are tightest with Vanessa.

Obviously what I hope for & how people play aren't always the same thing, but I'd be pulling Steve/JMac in a room & saying don't you realize that both Austin/Vanessa have multiple F2's with almost all of you? That's to protect themselves on all sides. For example she has you targeting me & Austwits. As of this week if Meg leaves the only one not working with her is me, but she already told me she has news to share with me. Doesn't that concern you? Where is her true affinity? She said early she wanted an all female final. Do the math guys...

if each of these guys want to ensure they give themselves the best shot breaking up the trio then they need to target Liz/Austin/Vanessa next AND James needs to tell them he'll be okay cutting Meg once those 3 are out if they do this for him & if they can't b/c it will hurt their games he needs to offer them his loyalty to game end.

Comment

• KeninVA
          KeninVA commented
          Editing a comment
          You are exactly right, TT, but... The only problem, in addition to votes, you need someone to win comps, to help spread the load in the next 3 rounds of comps. Meg, helpfully, told Jmac, James will not be able to help you offensively, since he refuses to even try to jedi drill on dates and house events, but he is planning to win Veto's, which he is demonstrably good at, so he will escape the block if he is up against you, and then I Meg, his loyal pawn, will be put next to you, make it a no brainer that you go home before me.

The semi deal with Vanessa, who actually has delivered on not putting him up, and Steve, is much more attractive down to F5/F4, and Jmac, like Vanessa and Steve, are all pretty confident in winning either F4 HoH or F4 PoV. That is why Jmac pitched not winning the F7 HoH, so that he is set up on an even HoH cycle, LIKE VANESSA, who will be able to potentially luck out and win F6/F4 HoH's, letting her completely shape the end game, and ensuring she is in F3. (I said, luck, it is not a sure thing). I am also confident, that the second they say DE, all six players are going to fight like all get out for the win. No throwing finally.

ETA: As additional incentive, Meg told Jmac, this is a personal vote out by Vanessa, so I will be a bitter jury member. Sounds like incentive to stick to the plan to me, if I am Jmac, and if I end up with Vanessa in F2, I get Becky,James, bitter Meg, maybe Steve, Maybe Shelli, plus anyone else Vanessa betrays in the short game, including the last evictee, if she takes me.
          Last edited by KeninVA; 09-02-2015, 10:38 AM.

• TTOTambz2
          TTOTambz2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Completely agree re: DE HOH.. it will be balls to the walls. I think it will finally be JMac or Steve who win it.

What I'm not convinced of is why the Rock Stars would target James over Liztin. Don't you think it's odd Vanessa is pushing that so hard on Steve? She seems to vacillate between trusting JMac even a bit with Steve. I guess that's to make sure she remains ahead of Steve in preference.

As for Meg, she means well, but so many times this season her read on what's going on is terrible, so other than James losing his partner once she leaves I think it might be more beneficial than not.

The other odd thing is James not studying dates. I just don't get how as a fan he doesn't recognize how important they are. There will be a before-after comp, one that occurs likely at F4 POV and in the second part of the final HOH. That's a third of the comps remaining basically.

What we don't know is people's true affinity. I actually think Austin wants to sit beside James b/c that gives him the entire SS to vote for him (an automatic 4 votes) needing to only convince one of JMac/Becky/Jackie/Shelli/Meg for their vote. As you've pointed out repeatedly he plays from fear, so once Vanessa isn't in power I'm not sure he doesn't switch gears again to wanting her out.

Ditto for Vanessa re: the SS votes as she's likely done the math & IMO will want to bring JMac as she can say he left/came back or take Austin thinking he's equally disliked, but that's a big chance to take.

Steve wants to take JMac (& keep the SS votes as well)

The Twits want to take each other, but are so stuck on letting Vanessa/Austin play their game & protect them. They've become so annoying with their high school antics.

If Meg leaves James will want to take Austin & use his 'don't vote for me to win speech' to save himself the week Jason left as his argument. OR ... depending on what happens with JMac I could see him switching to him.

Likewise since JMac knows about all the different alliances he may not want to bring anyone from the SS crew so it makes sense he'll stay close to Vanessa, but I think he'll try to bring James thinking he has a real shot at beating him.

For the entire SS their best bet is to have the other 4 in the jury as votes which raises the odds for one of JMac/James to get farther in the game. Or they pull Julia deep knowing she's about as likely to win as Meg.

Let's see what Mr. Bull horn has planned today as it's highly possible the next round of messages out's Vanessa's multiple F2's & again focuses on Austin being ready to turn on the twits. These things don't often help the hamsters as TPTB shut it down. We'll see what happens today.
          Last edited by TTOTambz2; 09-02-2015, 10:56 AM.

Originally posted by TTOTambz2 View Post
        They need to sell the Rock Stars on WHY cutting that voting block down to 2 is imperative at this point with the fact it's bad enough they'll still be a duo if they vote out Julia but that's better than a trio with only 7 players remaining. AND they need to point out if ANY of the trio make the F2 they've got an automatic 2 votes (and 3 with either Austin/Vanessa in the jury) so ideally all 4 need to be cut.
        No truer words were spoken in my opinion. Last night when James & Meg were talking with JMac, I sensed he was listening and considering. But when James made his plan contingent on Austintatious' consent/participation, that's where James foundered with JMac I think. Jmac and Steve with James could make this cut right now if they could/would do it for themselves. My take on it any way

BTW, my goal in this happening is not the preservation of Meg. I think she is short for the game whatever happens. James will also be a goner soon in all likelihood. But if the top power grouping can be altered there is the chance of longer term survival for lower echelon members in that group, which could mean the eviction of Van, Austintatious, etc., or at least the possibilty there of.
        Last edited by slyone; 09-02-2015, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Can we just get to them evicting Meg. Enough of this campaigning, it just gets my hopes. Let's just move onto the first DE HOH and hope for James to win. I would definitely like him to cut the scamper squad down a couple of pegs. I just couldn't watch those six after the jonnnymac/james/meg conversation. I was afraid he was going to spill all. At this point if you believe that the show is somehow fixed and how things are going, I believe that the final 4 are going to be the twins/austin and Vanessa.

With the conversations that I've seen between Austin and Vanessa I can see them as a possible final 2.

Do you think that Vanessa will dump the twins and if put in the position take Steve, with her and Austin to the final three?

I really do hope that James and JohnnyMac put a kink in the other's plans.

Comment

Austin now thinks the longevity of the intact Freaks & Geeks / Scamper Squad is great TV, so that puts an end to the hope that he'll go rogue. As if he needed any other excuse to leave his spine in the hands of Vanessa and Liz.

Comment

• KeninVA
              KeninVA commented
              Editing a comment
              Vanessa is holding his spine, Liz has her hands on a lower appendage, not that I have actually looked, just from reporting (some from you I think )

• TTOTambz2
              TTOTambz2 commented
              Editing a comment
              LOL Ken... I keep hoping they'll show JMac mock gagging over Liztin making out in the open bedroom with lights on ... on the main show. Maybe we'll get it tonight. I did notice they've started depicting the twits more as mean girls of late, so we'll see.

• BBhead
              BBhead commented
              Editing a comment
              Showing Johnny's gagging/retching over Liztin is a must-see! They HAVE to show that on TV. It was my biggest laugh out loud moment of the season.

Btw, has anyone noticed Vanessa hasn't mentioned integrity in over 24 hours? (or am I imagining that?)

Comment

• belle1
              belle1 commented
              Editing a comment
              I think I remember her saying something to Steve yesterday about how truthful she is. She didn't pull out the integrity word in that conversation. Yet in talking with Austwins about their fear that James spills the beans to JMac and Steve about N&B, she said we will just lie to them.

Just for clarification, from the guy with the bullhorn:
            The message was: "Vote out Julia. America wants Julia out. Austin and Vanessa have deals with everyone."
            He is on Twitter at: BBTooms
            Just in case you want to send him some love or hate.

Comment

• belle1
              belle1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Unfortunately, I don't think anyone heard the last message because one of the twins was screeching

• Blogzie
              Blogzie commented
              Editing a comment
              The only thing worse than a screeching twin is two screeching twins.

• cutencuddly
              cutencuddly commented
              Editing a comment
              Ha! Thanks for the identity of the guy! I tweeted to him -- ''More! We want more!'' -- and he favorited it.

Hehe ...

AG listen to America for once. Break up the twins.

Comment

Keninva, I know it's a long shot, but if a miracle occurs and Meg stays, how does that reconfigure the house?

Comment

• KeninVA
                KeninVA commented
                Editing a comment
                TTOTambz2 You mean like they were loyal to Becky? Or did you mean like they were loyal to Jmac, when within two hours of them talking in the Have Not room, about FLIPPING HIS VOTE, Meg went to Austin, and TOLD HIM, Jmac is trying to help me, so that he is planning on putting you and Liz up, if he becomes HOH. I mean come on TT, they are loyal to each other, not to anyone else, and have never been. Going back to James ratting out Audrey for Clay.

• PipelinersWife
                PipelinersWife commented
                Editing a comment
                Ken, the one flaw I see is Liz working with Vanessa if Julia is voted out. She will be pissed V put her twin up, she is a mean girl after all. She was also the twin doing most of the bad mouthing about Vanessa.

• TTOTambz2
                TTOTambz2 commented
                Editing a comment
                Ken,

You can't group Becky in that b/c she WAS the rat & was selling them out PLUS she never asked the team what they wanted to do she did what SHE wanted and then tried to jam it down their throats. Sorry but they told Becky up front why we would take down Shelli, but she didn't listen.

I get what you are saying, but just like you can rationalize Vanessa's moves I can with the mice. I'm not saying they are always accurate in their perception or choices but at this point every single person in that house has shafted someone they were aligned with at one time or another.

TTO says: "The other odd thing is James not studying dates. I just don't get how as a fan he doesn't recognize how important they are. There will be a before-after comp, one that occurs likely at F4 POV and in the second part of the final HOH. That's a third of the comps remaining basically."

Yes, it is odd. But I'm cataloging that with how strangely James played Celebrity 20 Questions the one time I watched them play.

He seemed singularly incapable of asking logical questions to narrow down the possible choices. Maybe he just didn't want to waste any of his 20, but the whole room was getting frustrated at him not moving on from guessing people's names to asking a constructive question, such as "Is this a football player? Is this a baseball player? Is this a soccer player?"

He just let the game go completely dead rather than try something mildly intellectual.

So, no way would I say he's dumb. But in a very non-BB way he seems to eschew basic intellectual drills.

Comment

• PipelinersWife
                PipelinersWife commented
                Editing a comment
                He may know he is not capable of remembering. It doesn't make him dumb. Some people just don't have that skill. With age I am losing it, lol. My long term is a whole lot better.

• cutencuddly
                cutencuddly commented
                Editing a comment
                *thumbs up to all*

• aprilshowers
                aprilshowers commented
                Editing a comment
                Everyone learns different. I have to write things down to study them. Writing helps me to remember. Not being able to write would kill me in that house. I would be really bad at the days comp too.

I do wish he would at least try to study the order of things. I really think the DE HOH will be true/false or before/after. Even if he only remembered a few of them, it could keep him in the game a little longer and maybe some of the others will mess up.

My thoughts in regards to John/James working together. John has been wanting to work with James for a while. There have been many times that John has made comments regarding that. In the last DE John said in his veto speech that he didn't know who would be a replacement nom so he didn't want to use it. He later told James, Meg and Becky he thought it would be Becky or James. In John's interview with Julie he said he would target Meg. Gasp!!!! By taking out Meg he has a better shot at pulling James in as he will be the other loner in the house. John knows there is a 5 person alliance and he needs someone that can win endurance because Steve won't win that but would win mental like him. John is also physical but he has watched James whoop the tar out of everyone in endurance type comp except the last one. John told Vanessa that with Liz gone they could work Vanessa/Austin, Steve/Julia and himself/James. She told him that was a very good idea. Then she proceeded to target James. Thus taking out any chance that he would have someone other than her or Steve on his side. I haven't watch the conversation with Meg, James and John from last night (but I will) but by what I have read John seemed to be talking freely with them. Over the next couple of days and if James survives DE I believe we'll see more of the John/James two person deal in the works.

I made mention of Steve's whispering in the bathroom last night when he was alone. What he says in private is so much more important than what he says to anyone else. I'm positive he said "I want this HOH, I have to beat them. Put me out Vanessa then it's you verses Austin and Julia." This was after the hot tub conversation about why Cody took Derrick. He asked her what she would do in that situation and she said she would keep her word because her word was everything. Austin has already told Steve that Vanessa had a F2 with him since day 2. He sees exactly what Vanessa's plans are. As soon as he finds out Thursday for sure is DE he will be giddy. He has also made a comment to himself that he hopes this week would be DE and then he would not have to deal with the after math. Steve's counting Jury votes now and he told Vanessa that his speech was that he was hoping to win him AFP, he also knows that his speech alone gets him nothing and he has to make big moves now in order to win that 25k, if he doesn't get to F2. He knows Jackie blames Vanessa, Shelli blames Vanessa and Becky blames Vanessa.With Meg leaving he knows she blames Vanessa. If he gets her out he thinks he will have those 4 votes as long as he's not beside John. John has said whoever takes out Vanessa will be god. I'm sure Steve sees it the same way. If he doesn't want to deal with the aftermath then I think he has to be referring to Vanessa. He also questioned her a few times yesterday what he should do after James is gone. He also said yesterday to both Meg and Austin that people twist words and that's part of the game. Is he getting her to talk so that he can use it against her after the DE is over? I think so. He will tell the Austwits that she was trying to get him to target them so he chose them over her. If Austin or Liz ends up going he will tell the remainder Vanessa pushed for that. The question is will he have the guts to follow thru.

The bobbleheads getting all worked up and it's showing. The funniest campaign of BB came last night with Julia asking John for his vote. A 40 second deal was made. I can't imagine, with all the help in the world, Julia's speech Thursday will be anything but silly. They are ridiculous. That's all I have to say on that.

Comment

Steve knows it takes more than a speech to get America's Favorite. So yeah, he better mix things up if he really wants a shot at that.

If you don't have a famous sister to ensure you the votes, it takes a special style exhibited over the long-term. And as one of last year's HG's learned, not even a famous sister is enough to make it a shoe-in. *hehe ... I said shoe*

What kind of style does Steve thinks he brings to the game? He has already admitted on camera that his hurt little boy act is an act. What else does he bring?

Would you say he has played a rat's game? I started to say that he had, but maybe I'm being biased. So would you say he has? He knows that rats aren't well-liked.
                Last edited by cutencuddly; 09-02-2015, 01:19 PM.

Comment

• Blogzie
                  Blogzie commented
                  Editing a comment
                  @cutencuddly: He could get the virgin vote. Or the people who think they might be gay vote. Or even the pick your nose and eat the boogers vote. Really, the possibilities are endless. The trombonist vote? The I'm smug because I know more than you vote? The I miss my mommy vote? Etcetera.

• Mary4BB
                  Mary4BB commented
                  Editing a comment
                  For me, when Steve said to himself about JMac, ''Aw he thinks he has a F2 with me. Isn't that cute'' was when I saw his hairless tail and whiskers clearly for the first time. It's the smugness.

• cutencuddly
                  cutencuddly commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, Mary. That's when it crystallized for me also.

Hi BBU'rs!! Pardon my interruption (again ) ...

Don't forget to get your answers in for the current/next Round! We have TWO parts again this week as we have our 2nd DE this week!

You can find the Questions here --->> DE Part 1 and DE Part 2

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X