This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Feed Discussion-September 14

Here's where you can discuss what's happening on the Live Feeds.
    Please note that this forum will contain SPOILERS.
    Please stay on topic within this thread.

For off topic conversations, and for catching up with your BBU friends, please use the BBU Cafe Thread.

There are also quick reference forums where you can check These threads will contain Spoilers.

Head of Household Winner
    The Nominations
    Battle of the Block Winners
    Power of Veto

We've also added a BBU Chat Room - a place to hang out during the shows on Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday. Just another great option for you here at BBU!

If you haven't signed up for the Live Feeds ( CBS ALL Access) you can CLICK HERE or click on any of the banners to get signed up and help support this website at the same time. ( CBS ALL Access) also has many other great features to check out.

Live Feeds not for you?
    Like the Live Feed Discussions?
    Like the Live Feed Updates?
    Like the New Chat Room?

Another great way to help support all that we do here is by clicking our PayPal Button. - You don't need a PayPal account to donate.

Thanks for any support you can give !

Morning all. The feeds will go down today at about 9 BBT as they tape the eviction show that will be shown tomorrow night. The feeds will be down until about 9pm BBT tomorrow. Come, hang out chat about the house and HGs, play games. We'll keep you updated.

Comment

Good morning all. Was able to catch the very end of the show. Liz looked good as a red head. Vanessa's make over was not a very good one.

I hope Johnny does not evict Steve and that Austin leaves. If Vanessa can pull the win off, I would like to see Steve and Johnny as final two. I am not able to watch feeds. Do you all think Johnny will vote out Austin and if he does, will Vanessa break the tie in Steve's favor.

As I was passing through Little Rock, I thought I saw a beautiful lady wearing a crown drinking a glass of wine. I waved but she did not see me.

Comment

• crissykins
        crissykins commented
        Editing a comment
        vanessa looked terrible!

• herms is here
        herms is here commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree that black hair did not do her justice.

Morning geo, and all who follow,

A tectonic shift in the house, as Vanessa throws caution to the wind, and goes all in against Austin to get Jmac to commit.

Last night, Vanessa finally took the bull by the horns, called Jmac up to HoH, and told him flat out, I want to vote out Austin. This conversation appeared to be genuine, on both their sides, and I am about 80 percent believing it is going to happen. From a rational game move, with Vanessa unable to get Jmac out, she has shifted her target to Austin, which appears to make sense, from her point of view. I believe the risk she runs is Jmac and Steve taking her out in F4. And so this may end up like many big power moves, the one big player, who makes the move, gets taken out by the smaller players going forward. Steve mumbles to himself, and in one scenario, he is riding with Vanessa to final 2, in another, she gets booted at F4, and in one, he dispatches Jmac. All the mumbled fantasies of the lost boy, playing in a big league game, unsure what makes the most sense for his game. I think we are not going to know what he will do, until he is in a position to do it, which is the same as Jmac.

Jmac has played this perfectly. I am struck by an earlier conversation, yesterday afternoon, during the first game talk session. Jmac told Vanessa "You got paranoid, but I fixed it." (by winning veto). And, for the first time, I heard him, during his second game convo, reiterate for the second time since he came back in the game "I just want to be in the money. Meaning, F2, and losing, would actually be O.K. with him. What makes this not a sure thing, is Jmac is very closed with everyone, and so we won't know if he is all in, until the thing is done. He really does appear genuine with Vanessa, but he is also genuine with Austin. Even with the feeds, and watching the conversations directly, for the first time in years, I have know idea what is actually going to happen. There are good arguments on all sides. Vanessa is setting a trap for Jmac, Jmac is setting Vanessa up, Vanessa will chicken out, Jmac really wants to go to the end with the showmance to win the game. All of it is speculation. TPTB must be thrilled that no one knows what is really going on, maybe not even the players themselves.

What makes this move good for Vanessa, besides the obvious end of the showmance, is that it dirties Vanessa up, a lot, and puts 3 votes at risk in the jury. It might become an argument for Jmac to ride to the end with Vanessa. I still think, her plan, boot Jmac next, and then go to final 3 with Steve and Liz, where both will pull her to the end, and make it easy for her to win part one or part 2. Her alternate strategy, boot Steve, and take Liz and Jmac, and hammer home to Liz, she can't beat Jmac, but can beat her, and hammer home to Jmac, with Austin in the jury, he will be a powerful advocate for Liz. I think, in either scenario, she is going to break Jmac/Steve up, if she can, and preserve Liz for the end game.

At this point, Austin is teed up for the only real blindside of the season. But, it is far from a sure thing. We of course, won't be around for the aftermath, or any of the post HoH/Veto scheming to know if Vanessa made the worst move for her game, or the best. It is definitely Jmac's best move, and puts him in prime position to move to the F3. Everyone will still be at risk, with a lot riding on who wins HoH, to know what the best moves are going forward.
      Last edited by KeninVA; 09-14-2015, 08:30 AM.

Comment

• augie33
        augie33 commented
        Editing a comment
        Couldn't wait to read your analysis this morning to see if you thought Vanessa and JMac were being genuine. Not sure I will be able to contain myself until Tuesday night's show to find out!

• ^Tamz^
        ^Tamz^ commented
        Editing a comment
        Ken, I think you should change the first sentence to read: A technotronic shift in the house....

Assuming Liz will vote to evict Steve, in John's flip flops I would vote Austin out and let Vanessa finally get that dreaded blood on her hands to chose her side. Let that evictee go to Jury to try to fill it with bitter pills (Austin would be better at talking to the others than Steve.) The POV battle should be even more epic than the HOH, since it'll be Vanessa' s only chance to move forward.

I'm sure she'll work on Liz for the 'us girls' connection, but Liz is bound to be peeved if Vanessa votes out Austin. However, on the other hand Liz may see Vanessa as the only port in the storm, so Steve or John will need that HOH to survive.

Like Obi Wan KeninVA looking forward to seeing how it plays out. Funny, but I did predict a couple days ago after the Johnny win that Austin would be voted out. Could I be right for once? I do want Vanessa out this round. If so that leaves Liz, John and Steve and it's a more equal fight. Each has their own strengths and comparable wins. If Vanessa survives next quick round, she likely wins the game. Hopefully, the other three that will be left have come to realize it (John does, but do the others?).

Take out Steve today and Vanessa and John have a tougher fight. I'm sure that's what Vanessa is realizing with this new flip. Or are she and John playing each other? Well, we'll know tomorrow night. Too bad we can't get the ants to sneak us some clues. It's gonna be a fun packed show Tuesday night.

Comment

Good Morning Ken, Betty, Geo & all who follow:

Hey there Ken. I speculated yesterday that JMac's moves were strategic in his effort to force Vanessa into making a choice. He refused to just roll over and die & once he won the POV he called her bluff by telling Austin he'd keep him & go to F3 with them & then he sent Steve to her saying she'd have to convince him why he shouldn't vote him out. He planted the right seeds with Austin by saying he was sick of playing nice with everyone voting together & was ready to blow things up. She used this in her argument calling the season too kumbaya and that she was "ready to make a big move" & then said let's be remembered for doing something "big" this season & let's create an argument the jury will respect. Knowing Vanessa works on incentives it was actually the one time this season I saw her deliver that type of strategic speech calmly and with glee. Of course that was exactly why JMac made the moves he made to get to this point. Suffice to say it was the first time in the game Vanessa actually had a player make a counter move that didn't involve a fight or grovelling. AND IT WORKED!

JM knew breaking up Liztin was the way to go & he got pissed she changed direction. In their conversation she told him I messed up I believed you 2 (Rock Stars) would only take each other. JMac laughed gleefully & mockingly said "like we're a showmance?" She knows now he's amenable to adapting in the game like she is and isn't an emotional player. They both got something out of it b/c he's earned her respect given she told him her choice & ONLY the 2 of them know what is going to happen. She also said she'll deal with the after effects of Liz when she loses it. By also not telling Steve it gives Johnny Mac the best odds of being prepared to win the next HOH to solidify his path to F3.

I actually believe Vanessa enjoys playing the game with JMac and vice versa & I think BOTH will try to boot Steve next to drag Liz to F2 & likely both want to take her as their F2 partner.

Funny how a season can change on a dime. I've been so annoyed thinking Liztin would end up in F3 and am overjoyed by this shift. It's a shame JMac & Vanessa hadn't talked more game earlier in the season (more for Vanessa's sake) as I think he grounds her like no one else in the game. Whereas players like Liztin and Steve often laugh at others when they are down on their luck or speak to the players "not deserving to be there" Vanessa isn't really that cruel. Neither is JMac so he offers her with an ally who she can game talk with logically while also observing he doesn't wish to hurt people's feelings. In essence he can separate game from personal.

Sure Vanessa browbeats Steve (but he does seem to enjoy it) & truthfully his habit of only siphoning information while refusing to share would get monotonous. In Austin's case although he is a good manipulator he's like this giant child who constantly needs to be told how special he is. Whether it's aligning with Liz in the showmance, the twins in the season twist, Vanessa the true game player or James b/c of his popularity Austin's motivations are so obviously fame driven that also has to have been annoying for Vanessa who is there for the pure joy of playing to win the game.

When she plays like this I enjoy her the most and can't help wishing she had aligned with JMac much earlier in the game b/c it would have saved many of us from her paranoid manic outburst. At least I believe they would have been fewer as she would have been able to truly discuss game logically with him and would've known she had a loyal counterpart.

Now the bad news: at this point in the game it's doubtful they want to sit beside one another as I'm sure they'd rather drag Liz there though she's guaranteed 2 votes in jury. Stranger things have happened, but it feels like an improbable destination for them to get to F2 together. No matter how I lay out the skittles (jokes) I can't find a way that gets them to F3 with Steve which is the only way I see them taking each other:

Vanessa can only win POV this round. In this situation she'll always pick Liz over one of the boys & if Liz is HOH she'll pick JMac which again finds them in F3 with Liz.

If Steve wins HOH & JMac ends up making the decision wouldn't he cut Vanessa at that point? Or could he guarantee a for sure F2 by saving her? It just seems more logical he would save Liz.

If JMac is HOH & wins POV he might choose Vanessa to make the choice as they'll both want to cut Steve. This may be the one way he secures a F2 with Vanessa, but would she honor it given the choice?

As for Steve he went on a rant in the backyard last night claiming he had won the game & was crediting himself for making the biggest move in the game by breaking up the trio & by cutting Vanessa next. I respect that he is willing to be honest about his motivations to back stab, however I'm shocked he doesn't see the imminent danger he's in as JMac/Vanessa actually would cut him next!

Sure this could all be a set-up by JMac or Vanessa to play the other, but since my gut told me this was coming before it happened I'm opting to trust my instincts that it's for real & will happen.

By the way the irony of the fame whore having to leave in a taped show without an audience is truly the perfect karmic payback of the season!
        Last edited by TTOTambz2; 09-14-2015, 09:16 AM.

Comment

• Walleye
          Walleye commented
          Editing a comment
          It would be really funny if Austin leaves on a pre- recorded show. Karma indeedddddduh.

• kokomogirl
          kokomogirl commented
          Editing a comment
          I've wanted Austin gone from the beginning. Since he is still there, this would be my ideal time for him to go - a true blindside, a fake audience with canned applause, jury house without Liz. Karma at its best!

• cutencuddly
          cutencuddly commented
          Editing a comment
          I love your analysis. However, I save myself from the stress of figuring out how V, S and J can make it together by admitting that I want S, J and L to go to the end, and that's much easier to accomplish.

I don't think Vanessa would be telling John to vote out Austin if she wasn't serious. Seems like she'd be trying to convince him to vote out Steve because that would keep her from having to break the tie.

Comment

Wait...unless she wants to break the tie and vote Steve out to prove her loyalty to Austin & Liz and to make John look bad with them?

Comment

• TTOTambz2
            TTOTambz2 commented
            Editing a comment
            Crissy although she could be doing this to prove loyalty it's pretty much unnecessary given JMac would have voted to save Austin & it offers too much opportunity for JMac to spin it to say she got cold feet. Sure it would paint JMac into a corner, but with Austin's hip acting up and Liz not necessarily guaranteed a win it really is less probable for Vanessa to get to F3 especially if JMac won HOH.

I really believe as per above & post on my gut instinct yesterday this was truly JMac forcing Vanessa to do what he wanted (to break up Liztin & it's Vanessa's way of saying touche.

Vanessa's incentive was to break up a couple this week & when JMac won POV & countered by showing he'd be willing to give Liztin a viable option to take to F3 she recognized he was capable of playing the game the same way as her & more importantly he demonstrated he'd have no problem cutting Steve. THAT was all Vanessa needed to recognize the better option was oust Austin now knowing this coming week JMac will work with her to take out Steve. The fact Steve swore on his mother she was his true F2 didn't hurt (though it's really more likely he'll cut her given the chance).

Based on Steve's self congratulatory backyard speech on winning the game I'm actually hoping he leaves at F4 for 2 reasons. First I can't stand his arrogance and second he would offer a good counter argument for why JMac deserves to win to offset Austin's peppering of the jury on why Vanessa deserves to win.
            Last edited by TTOTambz2; 09-14-2015, 09:33 AM.

TTOT "By the way the irony of the fame whore having to leave in a taped show without an audience is truly the perfect karmic payback of the season! "

giggling.... I know! It's also ironic that part of the reason is that 'it will be good tv.' I don't believe it was said quite in those words. I honestly can't remember. I was too busy going

Comment

Oh .... the thing between Austin and Liz (no, not that thing. ) .....I mean the food fight where words were exchanged. Was that all real? Did they end up making up or staying mad at each other?

The only thing that would be more hilarious than JMac and Van voting Austin out is if Liz and JMac do it. Can you imagine "By a vote of 2 to 0.....Austin......you have evicted from the Big Brother House." THUNK.

Comment

• crissykins
              crissykins commented
              Editing a comment
              do you have a flashback time for that?

• cutencuddly
              cutencuddly commented
              Editing a comment
              Last I saw/heard, Austin was refusing to admit that throwing food was not an appropriate reaction. He justified it over and over by saying that Liz wouldn't tell him _why_ she didn't like the marinade -- just that she didn't like it. But she was laughing through most of it and making him dance like a pathetic puppet.

• kokomogirl
              kokomogirl commented
              Editing a comment
              crissykins - Liz starts eating about 7:50 PM BBT and the fight follows soon after.

If Vanessa boots Austin, he will not be her advocate to the jury. I think that Austin will be the one true bitter jury member. He does not take rejection well.

Comment

• cutencuddly
              cutencuddly commented
              Editing a comment
              Here's hoping!

Of course! When I cut my feeds and throw my hands up to surrender the game gets really interesting and JMac starts really playing the game!! I am intrigued anew and excited at the aspect of Austin leaving the house. I agree with TTOT above. Touche'. I think JMac and Vanessa were more their true selves in that HOH conversation last night. Both seemed more calm and I think I saw some sincerity. I think JMac earned Vanessa's respect and I'm not sure any one else has done that this season.

Comment

• HunnyBunny
              HunnyBunny commented
              Editing a comment
              I also like the new, calmer Vanessa .....

I really really hope this blindside sticks!! Pure karma for Austin volunteering to go on the block 'for his love' HA....somehow I don't think Liz will be all that torn up about it, but it should be enough to mess with her head for the HOH comp.

Comment

• cutencuddly
              cutencuddly commented
              Editing a comment
              And pure karma for Austin planning for his speech to be about Steve needing to become a man and quit hiding behind his mother.

• SmilemakerRDH
              SmilemakerRDH commented
              Editing a comment
              That too Cute...and Betty, 36 hours for the record! Lol. We always miss the really good stuff.

• kokomogirl
              kokomogirl commented
              Editing a comment
              Vanessa can spin it so Liz will believe it was best since she will now have 2 automatic votes if she gets to F2.

Only a small detail in the grand scheme of things, but last night's TV show showed JMac in a bit more serious light, not as much of the wacky DR role. It wasn't total, but it was a change in my opinion. This *may* alter the TV audience's perception of him for whatever that might mean. This may swing some FF votes for those who have already forgotten James. Just pondering.

James for FF BTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Last edited by slyone; 09-14-2015, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• TTOTambz2
              TTOTambz2 commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm actually hoping somehow he and Vanessa make the F2 chairs and then James can still win FF as the money really would be a big deal for him. Besides I'd love to see the Austwins face as the announce the top 3 for FF were James, Jason and Jackie (or whoever from the other side of the house... and this assuming JMac is in F2 so his votes wouldn't count)

• BettyBoo
              BettyBoo commented
              Editing a comment
              If John is in Final Two, then James should still get prize. Otherwise it may be out if sight out if mind?

• slyone
              slyone commented
              Editing a comment
              I've always been curious as to what percentage the TV only viewers are of the total viewers (live feeds, followers of sites like BBU, twitter, etc). It would seem like the TV viewers would be the largest percentage of viewers, but how many of those take the time to vote? And of course there is (a)merica's vote swinging things. <chuckle>

James for FF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It just really irks me that the first possible blindside, the possible fallout, meltdowns, drama and we live feeders won't get to see it as it happens! It's not faaaaiiiirrrr!

Comment

• Walleye
              Walleye commented
              Editing a comment
              I knooooooowuh riiiiiiiightttuh?

• TTOTambz2
              TTOTambz2 commented
              Editing a comment
              I knowwwwwwwwwwwww-uh nor will the house get to hear the massive outside cheer a live audience would provide in a blindside of Austin!

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X