Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My husband hasn't liked this season. He really wants one the twists to be Rachel (I'm back....) he loves her because she causes so much drama. Anyway, he made an observation last night and I believe it rings true. They don't have any real jocks this season besides Clay. It is mostly strong females and he claims they are setting up for a all femal final three. Thought that was interesting.

Comment

• sf35772
      sf35772 commented
      Editing a comment
      I would love for one of the twists to be Rachel's twists for a week! A small dose of her would be so much fun - and add even more drama! Which houseguest would you NOT want to see back for a twist week?

• cutencuddly
      cutencuddly commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't Austin and Jace count as jocks? I'd love to give BB credit for doing something to counter the forces which have led to so much male domination in the house. If they did, that's great. If the women are doing it on their own this season, that's great. Whatever is behind this turn of events, I'm enjoying it.

• RUSSELL
      RUSSELL commented
      Editing a comment
      Please GOD no who they are talking about!!! I'm begging here, PLEASE!!!

I've caught up a little bit. Here's my main thought: Vanessa is very smart and her take on the quadrants in the house is good. But I think she's making a bad game move by being so obvious that she's going after the "insiders." There's no reason to draw that line...there are only 4 of them. She can look at her own quadrants and see that. They're not a big enough numbers threat. I don't mind her targeting them, but once she draws that line, she becomes their target and the power can flip in the BB House quickly. Austin's plan will have the same result as Vanessa's, but he'll come off without a target on his back because he's not making it obvious...he's going to act angry that Vanessa doesn't back door Audrey.

I hope this works for Vanessa. I don't think she had a target on her back before this, but she will now. (To me, this is where her lack of BB knowledge hurts her. There are ways of getting her target out while still keeping "the insiders" from realizing what she's doing. (Why are they insiders when there are only 4 of them? The big "insider" power alliance is now actually with Vanessa.)

Comment

One more thing: Shelli expressed concern that she's seen as this year's "Blonde Bitch" by the viewers after hearing the loud cheers for Da'Vonne. She's worried that she made a mistake by making Da'Vonne her target instead of Audrey. She's now fearful (since Vanessa won't backdoor Audrey either) that Audrey might get Shelli and Clay before they get her. As much as I don't care for Audrey, she's lost her power in the house and I don't mind her staying for a few more weeks for the drama. It would be excellent poetic justice for Audrey to be the one to break up Shelli/Clay.

I would laugh.

#Schadenfreude

Comment

• cutencuddly
        cutencuddly commented
        Editing a comment
        *wild applause*

I would love to see a truly strong female alliance, something BB has never had! I think part of the problem with that has been females seems to have a different definition of what makes them strong. Da being a perfect example....... she knew the game, was very observant, should have went far. But, her version of being a strong woman was to be in your face...men and women both find that more threatening, more unstable. Sometimes being a strong woman means being able to not react, to be tactic in how you handle people and situations. Add to that the fact so many women feel in competition with one another..... who is the prettiest, who looks the best in a bikini, who is getting the male attention....blah, blah, blah. Then you have the ones (Shelli) that thinks you must showmance your way through the game....oh puke! One of my biggest peeves in life is women who have the "I'm a nobody without a somebody" mentality.

I have great hope for Vanessa in this game. The problem is what women are left that she can pull in, who can truly handle it? Becky, maybe? Letting Da go was a huge mistake for Vanessa, I think.

Comment

• cutencuddly
        cutencuddly commented
        Editing a comment
        Liz and Julia! They gotta be busted up before the end, but they're good teammates. And either would be a good final 2 companion.

Can someone explain why there has to always be a backdoor or blindside? If it were me, I would strategically pick 2 people I wanted out with a 3rd person as my Plan B. Win/Win situation. I wonder how much production influences the HOH picks and strategy.

A friend of mine texted me last night and said, "Shelly reminds me of Dani D. I hate everything Donato". I'm tending to agree with her right now.

Jeff: Ew, just EW. On TAR, I liked Jeff, didn't like Jackie. On BB it's falling the other way. Who'da thunk?

Comment

Originally posted by Twirlly View Post
        I have great hope for Vanessa in this game. The problem is what women are left that she can pull in, who can truly handle it? Becky, maybe? Letting Da go was a huge mistake for Vanessa, I think.
        I agree, Twirlly. Da would have had her back and would always be a bigger target than Vanessa. Vanessa said last night that she thinks Clay and Shelli are good to have in an alliance because they're good at comps, so there is that. (Da definitely didn't seem good at comps...well, she would have been good at comps that require brain power, but Vanessa is also good at those). I'm not sure Shelli and Clay are as good at comps as she thinks, though. And since when did HGs embrace couples? Vanessa is aligning with two couples (Shelli/Clay and Liz/Julia) and that seems strange to me.

For some reason, I actually like Becky and think she'd be a great alliance member. That surprises me, because I didn't think there was much to her at the first. But she's athletic, seems smart, and she has a good sense of humor (when we get to see it.)

Comment

• KeninVA
          KeninVA commented
          Editing a comment
          Nono, The night of Da getting the LL, she told Jason, she wanted to attach to Vanessa for the vote, then dump her. I don't believe she would have protected Vanessa at all.

It is very early in the game. Being third, in a 5 person alliance (the twins don't count as two for quite awhile) seems like good positioning. The odds that all 6 make it to 6 seem small, and then the priority will be to break up one of the couples (I suspect Clay would be her target). And, don't forget, she has Steve on the side, and unlike Austin, who publically vocalizes his dislike of Steve, Vanessa keeps her feelings to herself.

Nono, I was just thinking.......Liz/Julia should be a target. It is a twofer! Everyone knows about them. They know that there has to be a set point that both enter the game. At this point I think that only Jason and Steve may see it that way.

Comment

Ok, I think I may have finally gotten into this season!!

Comment

I'm off to get ready (and will be out tonight, so leaving it with you guys), but I'm leaving my new list of favorite HGs so I can document it and laugh at myself once I totally change my mind. I like this season, but my problem is that the people I like don't have any connections to each other and are aligning with people I don't care for. That's making it much harder to get into the spirit of the game. So at the moment, I'm just pulling for individuals that make me happy, make me laugh or are good game players until the game gets farther and the alliances get deeper.

Houseguests listed with my favorites first and least favorites last:

1. John
            2. Steve
            3. Vanessa
            4. Jason
            5. Becky
            6. Liz/Julia (only because I'm intrigued with the Twin Twist. I don't know if I enjoy them on a personal level yet)
            7. Meg
            8. James
            9. Jackie
            10. Austin
            11. Audrey
            12. Shelli
            13. Jeff
            14. Clay

I'd love a Final 4 of John/Steve/Vanessa/Jason, but don't see how those dots can ever connect. This is a different season and cast for me. (And as I typed that, I realized that I'm including only one female in my F4...I'm having trouble liking the females this year even though I'd love a strong female alliance.)
            Last edited by nonobadfish; 07-10-2015, 08:17 AM.

Comment

I love the twins right now, mainly because, of all the reactions, pulling a group together to protect them is the fastest way to get TPTB to play along. I expect lots of footage and potential funny moments as they deny, deny, deny the twins existance.

Comment

I really do like Johnny Mac. I just don't see how he could volunteer to go on the block. He isn't even from Tennessee, lol.

Comment

• RUSSELL
                  RUSSELL commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Now that is funny!!!

• cpamama
                  cpamama commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm from Tennessee and I would never volunteer to go on the block! I do volunteer a lot, though

I wouldlike to add my list of favorites and least favorites.
                Steve - he is awarkard.. I believe that is why I want him to do well.
                Jason
                Vanessa
                Meg
                James
                John
                Austin
                Jackie
                Audrey
                Becky
                Liz-there is soething about her voice which makes her annoying to me.
                Jeff
                Shelli
                Clay

Comment

Looking at this cast, I was thinking back at my favorite players. Dan was not just a great player, but fun to watch with the twinkle in his eye. Danielle had fun too and I'm still steaming that she lost. My least favorite was that arrogant jerk, Jessie, and I groan when they bring him back. And I dislike Brendan more than Rachel. He's just a meathead. She had least had a sense of fun and would get them playing games.

Will was a great player and was funny, but to me he's a cold person. I remember when his pal Mike was injured and DR. Will didn't do a thing to care for him. Derrick was another master player, but I couldn't warm up to him as a person. Jordan was adorable and never should have won, but managed to outlast the others who knocked each other off. A showmance did help her.

I have to keep rethinking this season. First thought it would be another dude year, but that quickly fell apart when Jace was tossed. If Vanessa can make it cleanly thru this HOH she should be the lead player. As long as she can keep the target focused on others, keep a good read on the house and keep the dirt off her hands, she could pull off a Derrick style win.

Austin is more lucky than skillful. John has smarts, but can't be willing to always be a pawn putting himself constantly in the line of fire. Becky is a buddy, but I don't see leadership. Shelli is a leader, but makes herself vulnerable with her link to Clay, the hunky clodhopper. Twinnies could be dangerous for play since they're a potential two for one vote special (a BOGO?), but will eventually be split again for that reason.

Jason has a good read, but doesn't link w/the right people (1st Da, now Meg?), so playing w/heart, not brain. James wants to play, but knocking out Jace killed out a dude alliance where he would have fit in, unlike the chick house that's forming (I understand why he did it, but still think the law of unintended consequences comes in). Jeff is paying the same price for being an obnoxious guy. Meg & Jackie are just there taking up space. Have affection for Steve, but one week he'll be an easy out since he is the house orphan.

Just some thoughts. So far I don't have a dog in this fight. It's kind if like watching a championship game when your home team isn't playing. You can enjoy the game, but the win lacks that emotional satisfaction a home town win has. Right now Vanessa is in the lead but this a marathon. Still in the station waiting for the right train. Maybe after I see how her HOH goes I'll buy a ticket on the Card Shark Choo Choo.
                  Last edited by BettyBoo; 07-10-2015, 10:23 AM.

Comment

• Livzee
                    Livzee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Agree Jesse was awful but Frankie is truly disgusting to me. Jason and Johnny are great but not allying smartly... Perhaps Johnny has some social skills deficits that are significant.

• cutencuddly
                    cutencuddly commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yup, Cubby. This could spell trouble for the Grandes. Bodily fluids. That's criminal. Actually criminal. You know -- lock you up in jail kind of criminal.

... and that brings us back to Jeff.

• heatherp85
                    heatherp85 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Cubby, you read my mind. I am dreading a possible Grande takeover. I strongly dislike both of them...

Hear you, Cubbie, on Frankie. I think what annoys me more about Jessie is his lack of a brain. Frankie, for all his twisted over-blown ego, at least had some gray matter. But definitely a pox upon both their houses.

Comment

Originally posted by RUSSELL View Post
                    That last post in yesterdays thread, WOW!!! Who in the world besides Jeff scumbucket would do something like that to a woman??? I mean that dude went from low class to no class in a hurry right there. How old is this critter anyways??? 12!!! I really don't think any unrespectable 12 year old would do something that vulgar even. This feller needs to go for sure!!!

If he really did what it sounded like, then that's assault. Probably sexual assault. But at least assault. Bodily fluids and all that. He should be read his rights and booked.

Comment

• Autumn
                      Autumn commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I liked Jeff on TAR also. But oh my goodness, if he did that he really needs to go. I will have to flashback to see that on my desk top but right now don't know if it's watchable.
                      Last edited by Autumn; 07-10-2015, 11:17 AM.

• RUSSELL
                      RUSSELL commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You can check my thread. I haven't liked this guy from the very start. With that being said if he did do something like that I definitely think he should be explaining his actions to a Judge. I have to go along with, if production has seen it and went over it then they must have decided that there was no intent to do a criminal act. That raises the question though, are these people qualified to make such a decision or determination accurately if there was or was not a criminal act done??? No matter what it just blows me away that he would even do something like that in the first place...

• NJRUBBfan
                      NJRUBBfan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It turns out it didn't happen. They have video from a few minutes before showing that the stain on Julia's sweatshirt was there before Jeff's supposed act.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X