X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KennyERJ
    • Jun 2015

Survivor 36: Ghost Island- MEET THE CAST

Here is the cast for season 36 of Survivor: Ghost Island...

• KennyERJ
    • Jun 2015

Biography

Hometown: Nesconset, New York
    Current residence: Nesconset, New York

Hobbies: Crossfit, poker, and skiing.

Pet peeves: Fake people, small talk at parties, and judgmental people who are convinced they are better than me.

Three words to describe you: Calculated, intuitive, and empathetic.

What's your personal claim to fame?
    My greatest personal accomplishment came when my first daughter was born in 2008. Before her birth I was very overweight, smoked cigarettes, dabbled quite a bit at the craps table and would most likely be sitting down at the poker table on any given day. I recall a specific moment when my daughter was about a year old and she wanted me to take her outside on the swings. It was chilly that day so I had to dress warm. While putting on my shoes, I recall panting from being out of breath from the simple act of tying my own shoes.

It was at that moment that I knew I had to make a change so that I would be around a long time for her and my other children that were soon to come. In the last seven years, I quit smoking, dropped 65 pounds and even though I can still occasionally be found in a poker room, I have dramatically prioritized where my income goes and where most of my money is spent, which is primarily bills and workout clothes for my wife.

Who or what is your inspiration in life?
    My father. He raised nine kids on a construction salary, taught his boys to be men and his daughters to be ladies.

If you could have three things on the island, what would they be and why?
    A photo of my wife, a picture of my rugrats because they're awesome, and an antihistamine, which I will spike in somebody's drinking water if they are relentlessly annoying me and/or the group on the island.

Which Survivor contestant are you most like?
    I know you are looking for one, but I am going to split this in three. Mostly Cirie, because I think she is masterfully empathetic with other players. She has an amazing ability to disable people. I hope I can do what she has done in the game. Second is Cochran. He wins in the emotional intelligence category that allows him to morph into whatever he needs to at the time. He also understands the importance of stroking other people's egos when he needs to. This is something I hope I am capable of doing. And finally Rob Mariano, for the simple fact that we both come from Italian families with a background in construction. But more importantly, he sees the game big picture which is critical and I hope I can maintain.

What's your reason for being on Survivor?
    Obviously this is the opportunity of a lifetime to play this game, but this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to take a forced break from real life. And I don't mean that I am happy to leave my family or my job, but this game will force me to be away from my life for a set period of time which I hope will open my eyes to what's important when I get home. Oh yeah, and that money is mine!

Why do you think you'll "survive" Survivor?
    I grew up in a house with eight siblings. Lack of food, clothes, and showers are something I'm accustomed to. This game should be a walk in the park.

Video: Meet Domenick
    Last edited by KennyERJ; 02-01-2018, 11:38 AM.

Comment

• KennyERJ
    • Jun 2015

Biography

Hometown: Newark, New Jersey
    Current residence: Brooklyn, New York

Hobbies: Traveling, debating, and binging on YouTube videos.

Pet peeves: Complaining.

Three words to describe you: Unbreakable, driven, and real.

Getting a place and back on my feet after being homeless. Freshman year when school ended, I didn't have anywhere to go. My parents were in Nigeria and both my brothers were in the U.S. but not much older than me so they couldn't help. This resulted in me being homeless for 1-2 months.

Beyoncé. She works so hard and is constantly topping herself. She literally sets the standard for every performer and artist and continues to raise the bar. She had Adele and Kanye West on stage defending her when she didn't win an award. Who else can do that? She is one of the few super humans to walk the Earth.

A picture of a skeleton in a grave to constantly remind me that things could be worse, a photo book of my family because I will always love them and they forever motivate me and finally, text message threads between me and my best friend. We have the funniest conversations and laughing is the best way to stay positive and happy.

Michaela! I am a strong black woman who is not afraid to make power moves. I haven't had an easy life and sure as hell don't expect winning Survivor to come easy. I relate a lot to her because we are both strong-willed and determined and willing to do what it takes to accomplish our goals.

The million dollars would change my life drastically. I would have a story for the books—the girl that went from village to Versailles. I've seen it all, from the slums to the fast-paced, hard working student life in NYC. I want to change my life and my surroundings. I want to show myself and others that regardless of what you've been through, (it was being homeless for me), you can succeed.

I currently live in a house of eight girls. I know how to deal with seven different versions of crazy and different personalities. I am constantly settling issues in the house and running the house meetings, not only does this make me sociable, it makes me likable and adaptable. I have good experience in sports, having played basketball for most of high school and I work out at my college gym. I'm putting myself through school with grants and academic scholarships while my parents are in Nigeria and I am an asset to any team.

Video: Meet Desiree
    Last edited by KennyERJ; 02-01-2018, 11:40 AM.

Comment

• KennyERJ
    • Jun 2015

Biography

Hometown: North Manchester, Indiana
    Current residence: Denver, Colorado

Hobbies: Travel—I love meeting new people in new places, yoga, meditation, and gambling.

Pet peeves: Ignorance and unwillingness to try and walk in other people's shoes and being interrupted by a man.

Three words to describe you: Empathetic, effervescent, and excitable.

My ever-evolving career. From being a waitress in Indiana, working at a plant nursery in Florida, to a receptionist at a crematory, and eventually working in career services and business consulting with a dual MBA and Master of Public Health.

My parents. My dad is one of the hardest working people I know. My mom tutors incarcerated women, volunteers on Election Day, and contributes to our local community in a loving, selfless way.

A bag of Skittles. I'm addicted to candy and just one Skittle a day would keep me going through starvation! Next, a deck of cards so I could get people to play games that require deceit, and try to read tells, and tampons, because, duh.

I hope I'm a mix between Kelley Wentworth and Aubry Bracco. Kelley is a badass game player who would do anything to win. She gets people to trust her and is still a snake. I'm also a little bit Aubry—strategic, very intuitive, but slightly neurotic and quirky.

As Probst says, Survivor is a human experiment. I am fascinated, as a huge fan, to watch how people interact and deceive when pushed to their limits. Can't wait to have a front row seat! I want to prove to myself that I can take on this insane physical and mental challenge. Survivor is the greatest game on earth, and I'd like to try my hand at it.

I will survive because of my innate ability to make people feel comfortable. I don't give up. I'm a resilient person who has done a lot to design my own life. I have the mental and physical stamina to last, even if I don't look like it. I think I am just sweet and sour enough to come out on top.

Video: Meet Kellyn

Comment

• KennyERJ
    • Jun 2015

Biography

Hometown: Detroit, Michigan
    Current residence: Venice Beach, California
    Hobbies: Volunteering for the non-profit Wish Upon a Teen, traveling, and being outdoors.

Pet peeves: People who move too slow to accomplish something, people who say the word "poop," people who lie for no reason, internet trolls, bad breath, and road rage (basically everyone needs to chill).

Three words to describe you: Creative, open minded, and adventurous.

I think I feel the most accomplished when I make someone's day. It's important to maintain relationships with family and friends by going above and beyond for them. When you see someone cry happy tears from what you did, it's extremely rewarding. I think it's important to not only maintain healthy relationships with friends and family but also to make a difference in a total stranger's life. I don't care what type of person you are, seeing someone better off because of something you did changes you for the better. Pay it forward, people—even the smallest gesture can make a large impact!

My hero is Shailene Woodley because she uses her platform to make a difference. Her participation in Standing Rock protests is inspiring. I'd say my daily hopes and dreams are inspired by all of the unique creatures, cultures, and nature that surrounds us on this planet.

First, lemons to flavor my water/food and bleach my hair. Second would be Mentos gum to chew, and finally, pen and paper to document my journey/write love letters to a hot castaway.

Because why the hell not? Literally can't think of a single reason why anyone would say no to an experience of a lifetime. Life is too short to not say "YES."

I have been able to manifest anything and everything I've ever wanted in my life—it's pretty cool. Not to brag, but I say I want something and I always get it. So hopefully by saying "I'll survive," I will win or at least come out of the experience with nothing but a profound appreciation of what I just accomplished.

Video: Meet Jenna

Comment

• KennyERJ
    • Jun 2015

Biography

Hometown: Merrick, New York

Hobbies: Songwriting and performing those songs, telling stories—be that on stage or just to friends—and cooking with my mom. Shut up, it makes me happy! Also, I listen to a ton of podcasts, attend as many concerts as I possibly can, and spend a great deal of time panicking over current political events.

Pet peeves: When people let little discomforts spoil an entire experience. When people feel a need to complain constantly, even when there's nothing to complain about. The worst, though? When people don't have a sense of humor. Laugh, dammit!

Three words to describe you: Self-deprecating, charming, and affable—though others would say "punchable."

Nothing feels better than hearing your own music for the millionth time and still enjoying it. And even better, when other people hear your music for the first time and it makes them cry. You can't fake those kinds of responses. It's the best. Cheesy? Maybe. True? You bet, man.

I have a few but I suppose Robin Williams is the most well-known one. When I was a little kid, Genie from Aladdin was my entire sense of humor. That wild, a-hundred-jokes-a-minute pacing, all the voices and wackiness completely dazzled me. As I got older, I got to appreciate all his other amazing roles and unabashedly nutty stand-up routines. I'm often told I'm too loud. I blame that entirely on Robin Williams.

First would be my guitar because it gives me something I can focus on outside of the game. Next, one of those daily joke calendars because not only is it great for keeping track of time, but if your situation isn't providing many laughs, it's good to have a reliable way to find some. Finally, beard oil. I bought my first vile of this stuff about a year ago and it's the best feeling thing ever. Plus, it's really fun to respond to "Are you wearing cologne?" with "No, just beard oil."

I've always felt like I related most to Stephen Fishbach, though I see a lot of David Wright in me as well. I'm a funny, nerdy, neurotic Jewish guy trying to make it in the entertainment business. I'm logical and smart (I like to think), but I've spent plenty of time crying in private.

I've been dreaming of doing this for well over a decade. At this point, above all else, it's to prove I can do what I've been saying I could do since I was a kid: Win Survivor. Part pride, part sticking it to the kids who tortured me growing up. It's a "What have you accomplished?" kind of thing. I promise I'm not usually so vengeful!

This sounds stupid, but I'm really easy to talk to. I want to set up my situation so everyone knows they can come to me to chat and get support despite any problems they're having personally or socially in the game. I'm a teddy bear, y'know? On top of that, I'm not a weakling. I can haul firewood and follow instructions when it comes to building shelters. I know how to make fire and untie knots and all that.

Video: Meet Jacob

Comment

• KennyERJ
    • Jun 2015

Biography

Hometown: Aguada, Puerto Rico
    Current residence: Ocala, Florida

Hobbies: Paintball, working out, running, free diving, snorkeling, being in nature, anything involving the ocean, and I LOVE race/stunt cars drag race. Yes I'm a little bit of a tom boy and not at all ashamed.

Pet peeves: Complainers! People who feel entitled to everything without working for it. Also, annoying laughs, arrogant men, racism, bullies, and pretty boys.

Three words to describe you: Outspoken, strong-willed, and strategic.

I was promoted to Senior Surgery Technician after only one year of long hours and sleepless nights of on call emergency surgeries. Meanwhile I was taking care of 14 foaling babies (horses) at home in exchange for rent.

Not to be the cliché but my mother, reasons being I would not be here if she decided to abort (which was highly recommended by her doctors due to health issues when pregnant with me), Thanks for rebelling Mom! I am grateful for the woman she is and instilling in me the fighter I've become. She recently overcame skin cancer with a smile on her face. She's had to work hard and reconstruct her life after some health issues and losing close family members. She is a genuinely kind, graceful woman with fire in her heart. She works with handicapped children which has been a dream of hers. She reminds me I have a bigger purpose in life.

I've always really appreciated her strong support in my way of thinking and encouraged me to keep being an extraordinary human being. In other words, having a strong personality and being weird is cool in her book. That normal is boring and with that, normal woman rarely go down in history. To always do everything in life wholeheartedly. It's an "all or nothing" kind of life in my mom's eyes. I couldn't agree more with that woman.

A small plush panda teddy bear my mom gave me. It's special because she calls it my guardian angel. It really is the little things in life. A small bottle of my dad's cologne. He is the one who always pushes me to do better than the best, to be tougher. Being able to smell his cologne will feel like he is right next to me talking words of wisdom and encouragement. I was always a daddy's girl, and most importantly I have this bracelet that says "ONE MILLION WIN" (cause Sole Survivor would be a bit too cheesy even for me). It's gold on black strings and it serves as my reminder of how bad I need to win Sole Survivor. I never take it off.

I would play like a combination of people. First would be Tony Vlachos who actually goes out and hunts for idols when no one's paying attention. Next would be to play challenges like challenge beast Kelly Wiglesworth. I'm also going to go for a nice little four win streak. Also, Brenda Lowe who can't help but be expressive, kind but is a total badass in challenges, and finally, Sandra who I can identify with socially in her sassy attitude and manipulative ways.

One million dollars is a huge motivating factor for me. The bragging right of forever being a legendary Sole Survivor and being 1 of 16 women to win will be nothing short of amazing, but a million dollars is life changing! It would give me the freedom to be able to have a home and not continue to move from crappy apartment to crappy apartment. It would allow me to pursue investing and financial growth which I can turn into my lifelong goal of living a philanthropic life.

Because of my hell-bent determination and strong will to win. I put my heart into everything I do. I wanted to go to school, so I worked three jobs to pay for it, along with 1,000 hours of internships to graduate. In business I wanted to help my brother and we grew the business from one store to three stores. I know in my heart that I can win. I welcome all challenges with open arms and can read people really well.

Socially, it'll be fun to test waters on how diverse I can be in order to really connect with people. After all, I have to cater to people's personalities so they'll feel comfortable doing what I need. Once my heart is set I will stop at nothing until I've achieved my goal even through blood, sweat, and tears. I've studied Survivor well enough to understand how to manipulate the numbers, play idols how they should be played and hustle the social game. I will go into this with focus, agility, and perseverance.

Video: Meet Stephanie

Comment

• KennyERJ
    • Jun 2015

Biography

Hometown: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Current residence: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Hobbies: Playing basketball, traveling, creating something from nothing.

Pet peeves: People who aren't open-minded despite facts/logic/new information, people that overuse the word "honestly," and not being in control of my destiny.

Three words to describe you: Witty, intelligent, and competitive.

I left a comfortable job in the legal field to pursue my dreams.

My family. I'd do anything for them or to make their lives better.

First, my brush to take care of my beautiful beard and fro. Second, a chainsaw so I can make building things a lot easier, and finally, a sketchbook so I can doodle, draw, and write.

I think I'd play the game like Jeremy Collins because I'll always keep my heart in the right place, but I'll still be a serious competitor and threat.

I've been a big fan for a while, and I've always wanted to push myself to the limits and see if I can really survive. Oh yeah, I'm playing for the million bucks, too. That would really help things.

I'm good with people and likable. I'm very diplomatic and can connect with people from different walks of life. I'm also not the biggest and strongest looking person, though I can compete with the best of them. That will get me past the first few votes. Then, my athleticism and skill at puzzles will help me win challenges when it becomes an individual game. Finally, my persuasive skills in front of a jury will win me the million. Boom.

Video: Meet Wendell

Comment

• KennyERJ
    • Jun 2015

Biography

Hometown: Phelps, Kentucky
    Current residence: Kimper, Kentucky

Hobbies: Discovering new music on Spotify, vinyl record collecting, binge watching Survivor on CBS All Access, and photography of nature and portraits.

Pet peeves: People who think they know it all, people who are disrespectful toward others for no reason, people who judge the book by its cover (people have treated me that way my entire life), people that say "literally" without it being literal, people who aren't straight forward when they need to be and finally, getting my name wrong. It is D-O-N-A-T-H-A-N, not Jonathan or Donovan.

Three words to describe you: Determined, whimsical, and rare.

I was a part of a national and state level winning dance team. I danced in the hip-hop routine. I am proud of being openly gay and dancing in front of thousands in this area. My goal is always to try to change the opinions of others when it comes to the LGBTQ community and through dancing, I was able to open the arms of many.

There will never be another me when it comes to those years and for that impact, I feel very accomplished. Being the only guy to hold a national championship among the basketball, football and baseball guys—yeah, that felt really nice!

My hero is my grandmother, Deloris Bentley. Always has been, always will be. My grandmother had seven children between the years of 1960-1968, with my mom being the youngest. She raised them all with very limited food, no power until 1975, no bathrooms, only outhouses—all while dealing with the day-to-day struggles of having an alcoholic as a husband.

Over the years, things got better for her. She raised her children, divorced and re-married (twice), and ended up being very independent and open-minded! In 2006, she had a brain aneurysm. She flew out to have emergency surgery and you know what saved her that time? Her blood was so thick from smoking three packs a day for so many years, that the aneurysm was sealed shut.

After her surgery, she was up the next morning eating on some ice. Now if that isn't inspiring, I don't know what is! She has always been the glue in our family. She is such a hero in my eyes because of all the sacrifices, determination and selflessness she has expressed and shown all her life! Many people are probably picking celebrities and all that jazz, but my little 'ole Maw Maw is my hero.

My cross necklace my grandmother got for me, my glasses (if that counts) so I can snap them in half to help with making fire, and just the clothes on my back.

While there are tons of castaways that I have related to, especially those from the LGBTQ community (Colton, Todd, Tia), and my hillbillies (Keith, Sandy, JT), I always find the most relatable to be Cirie.

No one expected the gameplay Cirie played in her first season. She went out there, hated leaves, and really didn't know much about the game. But you know what? She went out there and learned the way. She kept her mouth shut when need be, made the big moves when she needed to, and had a great sense of the people on the island what they were thinking.

She is the type of player I see myself being. I adore her, and it doesn't hurt that her birthday is July 18th and mine July 19th. We Cancers just have a way about us that is charming, yet manipulative. Our knife is always ready for backs (figuratively)!

It's for me and my family. We have always been below the poverty line. We have always struggled year to year to make ends meet. But it does make you stronger having to live that way. But you know what? I am tired of living this life.

I want to be a great influence for my family—prove to them that when you try, things can happen. It takes you to put the first foot in the door, no one else. I don't want to end up being stuck here in a rusted old trailer. I want more for my family, especially my mom and grandmother, and also help those in my area who are less fortunate.

Living in Eastern Kentucky has its perks. We are outdoors people. We love the lakes, we love to roam trails and mountains, and I have learned a lot about nature and survival. And while I have never been in a dire situation to use these skills, I truly believe when the survivalist in me kicks in, I would have a lot to offer.

Now darlin', I ain't no lumberjack. But I can offer common sense solutions in order to help make my tribe grow. I already plan on breaking my glasses to help with fire and prove that this little gay hillbilly nerd isn't afraid of what nature can bring! I really think I will surprise a lot of people.

Video: Meet Donathan

Comment

• KennyERJ
    • Jun 2015

Biography

Hometown: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Current residence: Minneapolis, Minnesota

Hobbies: Watching Survivor, playing beach volleyball, and the Sunday New York Times crossword puzzle.

Pet peeves: Incompetence, indecisiveness, and open-mouth chewers.

Three words to describe you: Driven, focused, and calculated.

My college volleyball team winning our division championship. It's one thing to compete at the highest level, but it's another to win and be the best at it.

My parents—for their dedication, support, and all the values they instilled in me.

Crossword puzzle book to keep my mind sharp, keep me sane, and give me a way to tune everyone out, a camera to capture every single moment, and a self-addressed envelope—so there's no confusion as to where to send the million dollar check to.

Todd. I'll be a smart player, shrewd, and pulling all the strings, a snake (but unbeknownst to others), and run circles around anyone in a final tribal speech. Also, Sophie. Not afraid to get stuff done, stand up for myself, and tell the boys what to do. I'll be the smartest player there.

The title of Sole Survivor and the challenge.

I'm a triple threat to win this game—I'm a former college athlete, an Ivy League graduate, and I know the game better than anyone else out there. I'm a superfan who knows better than to let the game pass me by and I will always fight for every single inch.

Video: Meet Laurel

Comment

• KennyERJ
    • Jun 2015

Biography

Hometown: Boise, Idaho
    Current residence: Chicago, Illinois

Hobbies: Triathlon, running, yoga, meditation, climbing mountains and trekking, travel, and writing. Is wine considered a hobby too?

Pet peeves: When I run out of wine.

Three words to describe you: Wild, determined, and passionate.

Ironman. I'm most proud of not just the finish line at the event but the dedication to the training as a working single mom that went behind it. It made me a better human and changed my kids and my life. My racing is always a family affair and I couldn't do it without my two little cheerleaders. Also, I've done a lot of solo traveling. I've been to 24 countries and six continents. Backpacking and trekking solo is a massive passion of mine and feeds my wanderlust soul. It is adventurous and crazy at times but it's shaped me more than anything else in life.

Bob Scott. 87 years old. He is my angel. I met him the week of my divorce and two weeks after his wife passed away. I like to think his angel wife brought us together. He taught me to swim shortly after we met because he wanted me to be a "happy and fit mom" for my boys. He helped me learn to ride a triathlon bike. He introduced me to the world of triathlon, which changed my world. He competed alongside me at my first half Ironman and full Ironman and still competes to this day. Bob taught me the sport is about fun, fitness, and friends and that to do this for life and be just like him, I had to keep this mentality. We still train together each week as well as compete alongside each other.

Lipstick! Because I even wear it when I do my Ironman races! Next would be ear plugs because I'm an insanely light sleeper and hate snorers, and a piece of Rose Quartz because it's my favorite stone and would remind me to follow my heart and trust my intuition.

A combo of Parvati for her heart and inner strength, Tyson for his sarcasm, Ozzy for his love of adventure, Courtney for her sass, and Mama C for being a strong and fierce mom.

The adventure. I've watched every single episode of Survivor since it began 18 years ago and the adventure of the show keeps me coming back for more and applying over and over and over! And the social game! I have wanted to play the social game since the first season. Ever since I taught English in Russia in college and was dropped into Siberia with a random mix of girls I have loved the social game of learning to get along with people in a group setting and finding out what makes people tick. That's why I love traveling solo too, because I like to meet and connect with other people from different beliefs and backgrounds.

Because every day for the past 10 years, I have looked at a sticker on my mirror: "Outwit, Outlast, Outplay. Survivor." I never once have stopped believing that this dream would come true. I can have all the strategy in the world and I will! But if I have learned anything from watching the show, participating in endurance events, raising children, working in a fast-paced finance position, studying in an ashram, being an entrepreneur, or all my other adventures is that nothing turns out like you expect. I am really good at adapting to circumstances, to people, and to unlikely situations. Plan A quickly becomes Plan C and it doesn't shake me up. I can endure pain both mental and physical with a smile on my face. Adaptation. A sense of humor. Dreaming big. That embodies who I am and why I will win!

Video: Meet Stephanie

Comment

• KennyERJ
    • Jun 2015

Biography

Hometown: Haslett, Michigan
    Current residence: Los Angeles, California

Hobbies: Sailing, skiing, and running.

Pet peeves: Stupid people and people who think they know everything.

Three words to describe you: Ambitious, impatient, and astute.

Getting on Survivor. But really, I am most proud of getting into UCLA Law, one of the best law schools in the country. Additionally, making it through the first year of law school taught me a lot about drive and perseverance.

I don't have a particular source of inspiration in life because I don't believe in emulating or worshipping anyone. I think that everyone has positive traits to draw from as well as less desirable aspects.

First, a notebook and pen to organize my thoughts and strategy. Second, my retainers because I have had my braces off for over a decade but am still too scared to try not wearing them. What if my pearly whites started moving around? And finally, a bottle of rum because no self-respecting sailor would be caught on a remote island without rum.

I am passionate, competitive, and neurotic like Spencer. Also, I have the same penchant as him for making people feel irrelevant and that is something I will have to be very careful not to do during the game.

To take a shot at playing a game I have watched religiously and loved since I was 9. I'd also like to win the million so I can pay off my student loans and then buy a sailboat and sail around the world.

I like to lead people and take initiative. Plus, I like to roast people and what doesn't build tribe morale more on Survivor than a few laughs from roasting the other tribe? I can also cook a mean batch of rice.

Video: Meet Bradley

Comment

• KennyERJ
    • Jun 2015

Biography

Hometown: Los Angeles, California
    Current residence: New York, New York

Hobbies: Working out, exploring restaurants/bars, and traveling to faraway destinations.

Pet peeves: Slow walkers, people who are superficial, and bigots.

Three words to describe you: Astute, resolute, and ambitious.

I am a U.S. Presidential Scholar selected by President Obama's commission, and interned for his White House administration. In college, I was a walk-on sprinter for Harvard Track and Field and, as a senior, was elected team captain by my teammates, becoming the first Asian American captain in program history.

My grandfather came from a rural village in Korea, survived the Korean War, put himself through the best college in the country, and eventually became a successful businessman. He came from nothing to overcome tremendous odds and so much adversity and always exemplified love for family along the way. He passed away a couple of years ago but remains an inspiration in everything I do.

First, a photo of my family. They'll be a source of emotional strength no matter how tough it gets out there. Second would be an American flag because being a first-generation American is one of the greatest sources of pride and willpower for me. Finally, a journal and pen to take notes on the game as it develops and also to keep a diary during the adventure of a lifetime.

Yul Kwon. Our backgrounds are uncannily similar as Korean-American management consultants, and I plan to follow his example in being cool, calm, and collected throughout the game. Yul's Survivor journey contributed greatly to the positive representation of Asian-Americans on TV, and I hope to do the same.

Survivor is an adventure like no other. Everything it presents—the wilderness, the challenges, the fellow castaways from all cross-sections of America—will be a chance for me to break out of the bubble I've been a part of for most of my life and push myself physically, emotionally, and mentally like never before. I'll embrace the challenge and have fun along the way.

There is no magic formula to winning Survivor. However, there are qualities that will help players get far. I believe I have most of them—I am team-oriented, athletic, outgoing, and tenacious. I will focus on being a helpful, likable asset to those around me, and on the down low strategically pave my path to the very end.

Video: Meet James

Comment

• KennyERJ
    • Jun 2015

Biography

Hometown: Florida Keys, Florida

Hobbies: Traveling, sports, being a foodie, adrenaline seeking, working out, and dating.

Pet peeves: My pet peeves are certain characteristics of people. If you are lazy and also a liar, I won't like you. In fact, it angers me when people act lazy and try to manipulate everyone around them and ruin everything. Now, those pet peeves are going to be alive and well in the land of Survivor. Good thing I know how to dish it right back. I have been around people like that my whole life and I know how to deal with it. So yeah, my title of Most Dramatic, in the face of a bunch of liars will be, shall we say... interesting.

Three words to describe you: Ambitious, charismatic, and charming.

My greatest accomplishment was being on a 5th Avenue Versace billboard! It was by no means the end all and be all of where I want to be in life, but it was a major accomplishment. To me it was an accumulation of everything I've worked hard for finally getting justified. It was a huge symbol of perseverance and it was gratifying. I rely on my own self-motivation and have accomplished stuff that was difficult and took legit perseverance, but winning Survivor will top all that.

My ma is my hero. But it wasn't always so. Growing up, my mom and I didn't have the best relationship. She was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis (MS) at 27 and had me at 34. God bless her. A lot of side effects of MS don't just affect the body, but the brain as well, such as depression. So as a kid, I couldn't handle or understand what was going on. I look back at my childhood and most memories of my mom and I were difficult. She would have seizures during my baseball games, at my school where she tutored, and the side effects of all the medications made it difficult to have a normal relationship with her.

When I was 12, my parents split and the next couple years were even tougher as her disease progressed. If it wasn't for my father telling me I needed to rise above the past and grow up, I would have continued to struggle. When I was told she had two months to live I decided to become a man at 17, and our past struggles brought us even closer. Through the years, our relationship grew, and our love and respect for each other brought our relationship to all-time highs. None of this would be possible if she hadn't beat the odds for almost 10 years now.

I will always idolize her perseverance, her grit, and her faith in God. She is the greatest hero anyone can have and I live through her. She never quit or gave in when she was told she had two months to live, so why should I ever quit or give in when life "gets hard?" Want to talk about a survivor? That's my mom.

First would be a good luck necklace my mom gave me when she almost died. I've been wearing it ever since and crazy good things have happened since. Also, lotion, so I could give awesome massages and bond with the hot girls on my tribe, and finally a second bottle of lotion—I plan to be on the island for a while, and maybe I'll get one if I play my cards right!

From Season 33, I would be a mix of Ken and Michaela. I would provide food like Ken. But unlike Ken, my social game would be on point. I would have Michaela's fire, determination, and athletic ability. I would also be blunt like her, but would do a better job of building relationships. In previous seasons, I would have the social and ladies game like Joe. Joe is eye candy and smooth. I would try and form a coalition with someone like him. He would be my shield and then I would cut him later in the game. As far as Season 36, I won't know whether to play the game like a Florida panther—stealthy and in the shadows, or like a lion—dominating its tribe. I may have to be both, depending on the dynamic of the game.

The game itself, and to spread the awareness of MS. 2.3 million people worldwide have MS and there is no cure! For me, like life, I've been finding ways to survive for a long time. I want to apply all my experiences with different personalities, and put them to the ultimate test. I want to compete and I want to win. This is a competition of survival. I am a type-A personality and I cannot stand the thought of losing. I have tunnel vision when it comes to winning and there is nothing out there, competition wise, like Survivor.

I will bring my Survivor mental toughness, my ability to adapt, my positivity to aid the weak, and my will to survive. I might not know how to do some things, but I will find a way to eat and get water. Whether that's through my creativity, my charm with women, or my ability to make one of the guys my bro. Some men will not like my alpha mentality, which strategically, I will hold back in the beginning as I read people, but I will find my way. They always say "don't bite the hand that feeds you." I grew up on an island so if I'm one of the few that can get his own catch and get his own water (which are the two essentials of living), no one will bite that hand. I will have ultimate power.

Video: Meet Chris

Comment

• KennyERJ
    • Jun 2015

Biography

Hometown: Melbourne, Florida
    Current residence: Satellite Beach, Florida

Hobbies: Fishing, surfing, cooking, living, loving, traveling, and gardening.

Pet peeves: When someone calls you but you miss their call by like a second, so you call them right back but then they don't pick up, and then you call them three more times in a row and they still don't pick up.

Three words to describe you: Outgoing, adventurous, and free spirited.

Being everyone's favorite person. I truly enjoy meeting people from various walks of life, becoming very good friends with them, keeping them in my life, and smiling the entire way.

Bob Marley. That man knew how to live life. He understood what living meant and inspired people to love the life you live and live the life you love. I smile just thinking about that beautiful human.

A waterproof camera. Life is an adventure. I'm in love with memories. I really enjoy capturing every twist and turn this beautiful life has to offer. A Hawaiian sling. I am a waterman, so being in the water, hunting for food is where I feel the most at home. True peace for my soul. A big bowl of gummy candy. I am absolutely addicted to candy, especially gummies. I can catch the meat, but I can't catch the candy.

Tyson. He knew how to play the game through laughter, creativity, and good times. A true free spirit.

I've been waiting my entire life for an opportunity to show the world the many skills I have to offer. I feel like this is my calling. Also, almost everyone I know literally asks me all the time, "Seb, why are you NOT on Survivor?" I just feel like it's my time to shine.

I am perfect for this game. I spend most of my life outside in the elements, a lot of which is involved with something physical. I'm great with people and can make friends very easily. I enjoy being challenged in such ways that may be life risking. I can figure out little kinks to situations that others may not even think about.

Video: Meet Sebastian

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...