• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jason Linden

Biography

Hometown: New York City
    Current residence: New York City

Hobbies: Sports, music, and learning new things.

Pet peeves: Bullies, slow walkers, and when someone coughs or sneezes without covering their mouth.

Three words to describe you: Charismatic, determined, and direct.

What accomplishment are you most proud of?
    Starting my own firm. I am really proud of myself and it makes me happy. I'm also proud of the life my wife and I are building together. We are both blossoming in our respective businesses at the same time. We are just very in sync right now.

Who or what is your inspiration in life?
    My dad, Alex. He is the happiest and most liked person I've ever met. He can make lemonade out of any lemon thrown his way. Also, he is relatively successful, but does not care about materialistic things. He just loves his family and playing sports, and that's what makes him happy. If I can find happiness as easy as he can, I'd be proud.

What's one thing we wouldn't know from seeing a photo of you?
    I'm a huge Phish fan. I met my wife at a Phish concert.

Which Survivor contestant are you most like?
    A mix of Stephen Fishbach/Adam Klein/Cochran 2.0/Rob Cesternino and weirdly a little Tony Vlachos. Buckle up baby, it's going to be a wild ride.

What's your primary motivation for being on Survivor?
    The love of the game. I love Survivor and I want to play this game. I need to play. This is like Darwinism in its truest form.

Why do you think you'll "survive" Survivor?
    Survivor is a relationship-based game. First, I will develop the relationships needed to win the game. I have a deep and fundamental understanding of human communication and connection. I have an uncanny ability to make strangers feel at ease. I disarm them with humor and self-deprecation. But I reinforce the connections with true and sincere interest and care. I will build relationships that will not only take me further into the game, but will win me the votes at final Tribal Council. Second, I will take control of my game and lead my allies to make favorable decisions to my game. I am a natural leader. Third, I will outwork my competition; I am an animal. I am resilient and hardworking. When I start something, I NEED to finish it.

Comment

Aaron Meredith

Biography

Hometown: Uncasville, Connecticut
      Current residence: Warwick, Rhode Island

Hobbies: Lifting, traveling, and outdoor activities.

Pet peeves: Ignorance, driving slow in the left lane, and lazy people.

Three words to describe you: Attractive, intelligent, and strong.

My son. He is unbelievably smart, kind, and funny.

My dad. He worked his ass off as a police officer for 25 years to provide for our family and he never once missed a game in all the sports I played.

I once had a kettle corn business. I drove up the east coast popping popcorn at fairs.

Ozzy. He's a physical monster when it comes to challenges, a major contributor around camp, a smart player, and social threat.

I flat out want this! I have to come in with a STRONG social game because I will have a huge target on my back as a physical threat. I know how to work people, get people to know me, like me, and trust me.

Comment

Vince Moua

Biography

Hometown: Merced, California
        Current residence: Palo Alto, California

Hobbies: Singing, photography, thrifting, and hunting for cool/unique cafes.

Pet peeves: When people are flaky and do not follow through with their promises. When people don't understand that the middle seat passenger has rights to both armrests. When people tell me, "Wow! Your English is really good!" and follow with, "Where did you learn English?" When people dismiss and/or invalidate my lived experience as a person of color.

Three words to describe you: Shamelessly-me, quick-witted ,and not-afraid-to-flip-tables.

It might seem a bit trivial, but I am most proud of buying my mother a new and modern refrigerator for Mother's Day in 2017. She and my father were not able to afford new appliances and had been using the same old refrigerator for 12 years, so it was really meaningful for me to buy her something she really wanted and needed.

Like so many children of refugees, I am here today because of my parents' sacrifices. My father's journey was especially harrowing. He, Txooj Zeb Muas, is my hero and quite literally, a true survivor. Faced with unknown odds, he risked everything to have a chance at living. At 16 years old, my father and his two cousins ran from the mountains of Laos—through jungles laced with landmines and buzzing with bullets from communist Viet Cong and Pathet Lao followers—to refugee camps in Thailand in an attempt to escape ethnic genocide of the Hmong and Mien people who were abandoned after being recruited for guerilla warfare. After miraculously making it across the Mekong River and into the camps, he was relocated to Montana with nothing more than the clothes on his back. Despite the struggles of being forced into a totally foreign country with no immediate family members, he has never given up on living life to its fullest potential. I have had the privilege of growing up without the fears of being exposed to Agent Orange, ethnic persecution, and displacement because of his resilience, his perseverance, his defiance, and his traumatic experiences.

In 2015, after years of experiencing erratic and frightening out-of-body panic-attack-like episodes, my grandmother's Shaman Master declared that I was, and am, the next shaman to rise in our family!

Vince is Vince. Survivor ain't never had anyone like me before, haha. IF I had to choose, I'd say a mix of Shii Ann Huang, because she didn't let nobody mess with her. The Shii Devil, Cirie Fields, because she's humble, analytical, strategic, and inspirational, and Natalie Anderson, because she was loyal, innovative, and an overall boss!

Honestly, I am here to show minority young folk and people across the world that they matter, that their stories and narratives are important, and that they should never doubt their existence regardless of what others say. Survivor has been an integral part of my life. It showed me that a kid from Merced could dream of traveling abroad, take big risks, and be more than another statistic. I hope that winning the title of "Sole Survivor" inspires other kids to challenge the oppressive systems and institutions that seek to keep them down!

I have accumulated grit from the challenges that I've faced throughout my life and have always been able to gain the trust and confidence of others. I believe I can use my unassuming image and 209 vernacular to fool others into believing that I am not an immediate threat. However, I'd say I'm pretty crafty and will be able to use my smarts to create plans and execute votes that will eliminate anyone I feel is a threat to my game (if you're not with me, you're dead to me). I also understand how to deal with big egos and personal quirks and can use my social skills to build confidence among all characters. Lastly, I've got quite a mouth and can smack the Jury with an award-winning final Tribal Council speech to guarantee my win.

Comment

Jack Nichting

Biography

Hometown: Newport News, Virginia
          Current residence: Harrisonburg, Virginia

Hobbies: CrossFit, listening to and singing musicals, all-you-can-eat sushi, and exploring the world.

Pet peeves: Being wasteful, rudeness, people running in place at crosswalks, and loud eating.

Three words to describe you: Determined, dreamer, and social.

Winning the National Championship for club soccer my senior year of college!

My mom. Overcoming traumatic life events, she picked up and moved abroad to pursue a new job, in a new place, and is now exploring the world. Ultimate free spirit and the definition of a G.O.A.T.

Externally, I can easily be perceived as a laid back, longhaired, ditzy guy. In reality, I can be quite intellectual, intentional, and LOVE having serious, deep conversations with people.

Devon Pinto. Devon just absolutely loves life and constantly radiates good vibes. He is always smiling and so am I.

I can navigate anyone and every social scenario. I understand I will be a target for people, and I do not take that lightly. I will get rid of anyone I view as a threat to me, without moral qualms. At the same time, I will be intentional in trying to remain more in the background and not viewed as a threat. Finally, if it came to life or death in a challenge, my smarts, physical ability, and focus will always make me a fierce competitor.

Comment

Karishma Patel

Biography

Hometown: Philadelphia
            Current residence: Houston

Hobbies: Experimental cooking, hosting theme parties, and reading travel blogs.

Pet peeves: Party poopers, girls who play dumb for attention, when the tire hits the curb while parallel parking, mansplaining, passive aggressive behavior, and PDA.

Three words to describe you: Reliable, impulsive, and charismatic.

I've taken three state bar exams—Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Texas—and passed them all on the first try.

My parents. They are the most devoted people I know. They have taught me that the key to happiness is to never forget to choose it for yourself. They came to America in the '70s with a dream and achieved it all with hard work and determination.

I am terrified of alligators. (Just saying that word gave me chills...)

Natalie Anderson because she wasn't afraid to speak her mind, but also made a lot of really subtle moves that kept her on top. Brown girl power!

I feel like I was born to play this game. I've always craved challenges that help me learn more about myself, and I know deep down that I do have the physical, mental, and social skills to outlast, outwit, and outplay anyone. My job and my life experiences have trained me exactly how to win. I am hungry to be out in the wild, pushing myself to the edge, and doing things I never dreamed I could do. In the end, surviving this game means something more valuable than money to me.

Comment

Noura Salman

Biography

Hometown: London / Bethesda, Maryland
              Current residence: North Potomac, Maryland

Hobbies: Working out, creating healthy foods and beverages in the kitchen, traveling, and social media posting on self-help, food, and fitness.

Pet peeves: People lacking personal hygiene and table manners. I also cannot stand or be friends with people who are selfish, self-absorbed, or stingy.

Three words to describe you: Ambitious, passionate, and energetic.

Experiencing the world, living in many places, trying many jobs, careers, and businesses. Exploring many different people and relationships; going out on my own and making my own living and path best suited for me!

My mom. She is the most generous, loving, thoughtful, hardworking, and humble person I know. She has always encouraged us to "be ourselves" and do what makes us happy. She struggled financially for 20 years and emotionally in her marriage to my dad, but still gave us the world—happily and gracefully.

I love frogs. I don't drink and have never done a drug or smoked a cigarette in my life.

Malcolm. Physically strong and great at puzzles and problem solving and genuinely liked by most people. And easy on the eyes. But underestimated with a low threat-factor like Fabio and Jud.

Finally use all of my talents, skills, and abilities and push myself to the highest physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual limits I've ever reached.

I'm multidimensional and not just one thing or person. I'm the nerd, jock, and model with brains, brawn, and beauty. Most importantly, I have the social skills needed to both win and influence people, and relentless drive to go after what I want.

Comment

Tommy Sheehan

Biography

Hometown: Bayville, New York
                Current residence: Long Beach, New York

Hobbies: Surfing, sports (basketball, volleyball, football), and asking questions to my magic eight ball.

Pet peeves: I hate bullies who think they are better than everyone else and talk down to others. I also cannot stand grumpy and serious people. Lighten up, life is amazing, let me see that smile. LOL.

Three words to describe you: Outgoing, competitive, and goofy.

I am proud of all the children's lives I have changed teaching. Also, I have a really killer Disney coffee mug collection.

My parents. My dad has always instilled the Sheehan motto in my head "Get it done." There are no excuses, just get the job done, whatever it is. He is also the life of the party and lives each day like it is his last. My mom inspires me to care for others. She is the most caring individual I know and I hope to one day have half the heart she does.

I have the biggest heart. I love people and would do anything to help them, especially kids.

I would say if you combined David Wright's strategy, Davie's social game, and a pinch of Amanda Kimmel's likeability. These three players were fans of the game, played hard, and did everything they could do with the hands they were dealt.

I am on the show to do something most people dream about. I am there to win the game and get the million dollars. Those are my only motivations. If I happen to make people smile and help them escape whatever hardships are going on in their lives for an hour a week, that is a huge plus too.

I am physical and can win challenges, but that won't win Survivor. What wins Survivor is the time spent opening up and connecting to people. When you have real connections with people they will keep you around longer. Also, I am there to win the game. I see myself finding idols, making moves and leading blindsides.

Comment

Jamal Shipman

Biography

Hometown: Jersey City, New Jersey
                  Current residence: Providence, Rhode Island

Hobbies: Coaching basketball, taking West African and salsa dance lessons, teaching myself the bass guitar, and losing in fantasy football leagues.

Pet peeves: I hate bugs that insist on leaving behind itchy, painful bumps. I don't mind sharing my blood with you, but why the discomfort? Why the ache? It's pretty rude if you ask me.

Three words to describe you: Balanced, inquisitive, and present.

My educational path is something I'm most proud of. After 8 years at P.S. 27, a Jersey City public school where my mom is still a teacher, I was accepted to the Prep for Prep program in New York. That experience prepared me for high school at Milton Academy, a New England prep school, which opened the door for me to attend and graduate from Brown University, an Ivy League school in Providence, R.I. With some bumps along the way and lots of help from those who care about me, I was able to make it through and be where I am today.

Barack Obama. I wasn't all that politically aware prior to his run for president. He spoke to me. He inspired me to get involved and care about our world in a more engaged way. I've read his books, watched his speeches, and followed his presidency. The thoughtfulness, grace, optimism, and commitment he showed is absolutely uplifting. If we can approach life with his same attitude and aspire towards excellence the way he does, we'd all be better off.

You wouldn't know that while I was a tri-varsity athlete by my junior year in high school, I was also in the school a cappella group, played the trumpet in the orchestra, and played a role in the spring play! You can't judge a book by its cover.

I most relate to Jeremy. I think he played the game the second time similarly to how I would want to play it. Wendell, Officer Sarah, and Christian are all players I relate to, as well.

I've been intensely studying this game. I feel like I have a good handle on what to do in order to give myself the best shot at making it to the end with enough good will to get votes. People will be happy to write my name at the end.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X