This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone remember this guy?

It's Brian Kleinschmidt & his wife (at the time) Erika Dunlap from The Amazing Race Season 15 (2009). They were the first interracial couple on TAR. Erika was Miss America 2004.

And who is this?

It's Brian with his new wife Mika. They are the hosts of a new show on HGTV called 100 Day Dream Home (airs Sundays at 10/9c pm).

At the beginning of the show, we find they were high school sweethearts and have been working together for 10 years.

Here's what's interesting about that. It would mean they started working together in 2010.

Brian & Erika got divorced in 2011!! Sounds to me like maybe Mika came back into the picture and that's what caused Brian & Erika to divorce. IDK for sure but I'm guessing.
    Last edited by KennyERJ; 03-04-2020, 07:38 PM.

Comment

CBS Suspends ‘The Amazing Race’ Production Over Coronavirus Fears...
      CBS has temporarily shut down production of Season 33 of “The Amazing Race” amid the increasing number of cases of coronavirus worldwide, Variety has learned exclusively. The move was undertaken “out of an abundance of caution,” as the respiratory virus has not impacted anyone directly involved with the show. “Due to increased concerns and uncertainty

Comment

Coronavirus: German Big Brother cast to be told about pandemic live on TV...
        Until now the Big Brother housemates in Germany have been unaware about the global pandemic.

Comment

Richard Hatch on why he was not on Survivor Season 40: Winners at War

Comment

Hey everyone. I’m binging the season now. Hopefully I’ll be caught up by Wednesday. I’m fine. Hope all of you are too.

Comment

• kokomogirl
              kokomogirl commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey, Walleye!

• Lynette
              Lynette commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep, doing good here. Missed you! Glad you are doing well too! 😊

Hi Walleye glad you're doing well. It's funny because I was just thinking about you the other day, wondering what happened to you. I checked your profile and saw the last time you had been on here was back in January so I was a little worried and planned on asking if anyone knew anything about you in the Survivor thread this coming Wednesday. Glad you're fine and hope you're able to join us Wednesday!

Comment

• Walleye
              Walleye commented
              Editing a comment
              Been a weird winter lol

On April 1st, Big Brother Canada, Season 8, ceased production and house guests were told they would be going home due to the coronavirus. The article I linked to below has video of them being told about it.

Because of this, I'm guessing that Season 22 of the USA version will not happen this year or if it does, it will be in the Fall or Winter sometime, all depending on what happens with this virus, of course. Of course I do not know anything for sure so right now it's a wait and see. I'm still thinking we'll hear something official from CBS sometime in May.
            In an emotional farewell, all 12 remaining 'Big Brother Canada' houseguests said goodbye as they prepared to enter the real world again amid the novel coronavirus pandemic.

Comment

Big Brother Israel finalists see video of what has happened in the world since being locked in the house.

(Big Brother Canada is in the post above this one)

Comment

Made a donation. Sorry I haven’t been around. Money is tight right now.

Comment

CBS Press Release:

CBS ANNOUNCES THE THREE-HOUR SEASON FINALE OF “SURVIVOR” TO AIR WEDNESDAY, MAY 13, FOLLOWED ONE WEEK LATER BY THE TWO-HOUR SEASON PREMIERE OF “THE AMAZING RACE,” ON WEDNESDAY, MAY 20

Survivor” to Have Special Two-Hour Penultimate Episode, Wednesday, May 6

CBS announced today the three-hour season finale of SURVIVOR: WINNERS AT WAR will air Wednesday, May 13 (8:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. One week later, the new season of THE AMAZING RACE will premiere with a two-hour episode on Wednesday, May 20 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT). THE AMAZING RACE assumes its regular Wednesday (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) time period on May 27.

“When SURVIVOR wraps one of its best seasons ever in May, we’re excited to schedule another signature reality series, THE AMAZING RACE, to step seamlessly into the time period,” said Noriko Kelley, Executive Vice President, Program Planning & Scheduling, CBS Entertainment.

On the 40th season finale of SURVIVOR: WINNERS AT WAR, following an epic 39-day battle, host Jeff Probst will crown one castaway the winner who will take home the $2 million prize, the largest in reality show history, and earn the title of Sole Survivor for the second time. During the finale, Jeff will also virtually connect by video with all 20 players to discuss the highlights of the season.

Prior to the finale, SURVIVOR will have a special two-hour penultimate episode, Wednesday, May 6 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT).

On the season premiere of THE AMAZING RACE, 11 new teams will begin their journey of a lifetime when host Phil Keoghan kicks off the 32nd edition from the iconic Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles. This season’s destinations include Trinidad and Tobago, France, Germany, Kazakhstan and Brazil, among others. The team that crosses the finish line first will be crowned the winners and receive the $1 million prize. This edition was filmed prior to the outbreak of the recent global pandemic.

SURVIVOR is produced by S.E.G. Holdco., LLC. Mark Burnett, Jeff Probst, Matt VanWagenen, Jesse Jensen and Kahaia Pearson are the executive producers.

THE AMAZING RACE is produced by Jerry Bruckheimer Television and Worldrace Productions in association with ABC Studios and Amazing Race Productions. Jerry Bruckheimer, Bertram van Munster, Jonathan Littman, Elise Doganieri, Mark Vertullo and Phil Keoghan are the executive producers.

Comment

The Amazing Race Season 32 teams haven't officially been revealed but found this article from back in May 2019 that identifies 10 of the 11 teams (Season 32 was filmed way back in November & December of 2018!!). I'm just posting this part of the article because the full article also has links to spoilers, like the Final 3 teams, but we don't want any spoilers posted here. Personally, I don't do spoilers. I figure why even watch if you already know what happens. If you do look at spoilers, please don't post them or even hint at them if you're joining us during the episode discussions. Thanks!

The info comes from a reliable source but doesn't necessarily mean they got everything right but here's what they say:

Article is from Reality Blurred:

"Racing this season are two separate teams of sisters; teams that include Olympians, former NFL players, and professional beach volleyball players; and a pair of travel bloggers known as the Backpacking Boyfriends.

******* Fan Forum has identified 10 of the 11 teams. Here they are, with identifications via *FF, which may not be complete or reflected in the way they’re ultimately identified on the show:
                1. DeAngelo Williams and Gary Barnidge, friends and former NFL players
                2. Cody Buell and Nathan Worthington, friends and noodlers
                3. Maddison and Riley McKibbin, brothers and professional beach volleyball players
                4. Victoria and Michelle Newland, sisters
                5. Haley and Kaylynn Williams, sisters
                6. James Wallington and Will Jardell, “The Backpacking Boyfriends”
                7. LaVonne Idlette & Kellie Wells, friends and Olympic hurdlers
                8. Aparna and Eswar Dhinakaran, siblings
                9. Frank and Jerry Eaves, a father and son
                10. Leo Brown and Alana Folsom, a dating couple"
                The official teams' info should be released by CBS within the next week or two.

Comment

• KennyERJ
                  KennyERJ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Clicking on that "the Backpacking Boyfriends" link (that was in the article), I found their current Instagram. They're engaged now and are no longer doing/using "the Backpacking Boyfriends" thing. Looking at the photos, which they post pretty regularly, I see they posted on October 22, 2018 and then the next post wasn't until January 2019 which is consistent with them being on The Amazing Race 32 in November & December 2018! Also, found this video in their YouTube playlist which seems to confirm they were on TAR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSqI...re=youtu.be&a= Current Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/itswillandjames/
                  If you click on the "noodlers" link in the article, it goes to Cody Buell's YouTube page.

• kokomogirl
                  kokomogirl commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The only one I recognize is DeAngelo Williams. He played for the Carolina Panthers!

Nooooo!

CBS Postpones Amazing Race's Return, Schedules New Summer Reality Series

April 29, 2020
                CBS has scheduled two new reality series for this summer, and in doing so also postponed the lonnnng-awaited return of The Amazing Race. Season 32 of The Amazing Race, which had completed production prior to the pandemic and was originally set to premiere Wednesday, May 20, instead will arrive la...

Comment

• Lynette
                  Lynette commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I second the NOOOOOOO! It will be two years old by the time it airs. It sounds like therewon’t be a BB either?!?!?!?!

• KennyERJ
                  KennyERJ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Lynette, nothing set in stone yet but from what I've been reading, IF Big Brother airs this year it will be in the Fall or Winter. If not then it will be next Summer before it airs again. Guess we'll find out for sure in the next few weeks or so.

On May 14, 2020, Donathan Hurley from Survivor: Ghost Island posted this photo of himself & the singer Sia, who awarded him her $10,000 prize back during his season (2018):

Then today, May 18, 2020, Sia responded:

So yes, Sia awarded Donathan Hurley her $10,000 prize! It was reported that all the contestants on Winners At War had already won the $1million dollar prize before plus were paid $35,000 for doing this season so she didn't want to give the money to any of them. She wanted to give it to someone who needed it. So sweet of her and it sounds like he really needed it!

Thanks to BBU member Lynette for the heads-up and info!

Comment

CBS is optimistic about getting ‘Big Brother 22’ on the air so you won’t have to go through a summer without it...

Comment

Hidi Ho KennyERJ! 🤫 Or, IMHO, I'm more excited at the prospect of spending the summer here! With family illnesses it's been a few years!

Comment

• KennyERJ
                      KennyERJ commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hi Starshine
                      Yeah, hopefully they'll get to air BB 22 at some point. As of right now there is still no official word from CBS when or IF it will air this year. If it does air this year, I believe it will be late Summer or Fall before it airs. Wondering too if it will be a shorter version, maybe kind of like how they did Celebrity Big Brother. IDK.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X