X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Amazing Race 30- MEET THE CAST

The cast/teams for "The Amazing Race" Season 30 has been released:

VIDEO: MEET THE CAST
    Last edited by KennyERJ; 12-11-2017, 04:06 PM.

Video: Meet Alexandar & Conor

Biography

#TeamIndyCar

Name: Alexander Rossi

Instagram: @alexanderrossi
    Twitter: @AlexanderRossi

Hometown: Indianapolis, Indiana

Current occupation: IndyCar driver

Describe what you do: I am a professional race car driver for Andretti Autosport, driving the NAPA Auto Parts Honda in the IndyCar Series, the premiere open-wheel racing series in the United States.

Three words to describe you: Competitive, adaptive, and diverse.

Favorite hobbies: Downhill skiing and mountain biking.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of?
    Winning the 100th running of the Indianapolis 500 in 2016.

What scares you most about traveling?
    Food poisoning.

What excites you most about traveling?
    Seeing the beauty of the world.

What country and place would you most like to visit and why?
    Fiji or Thailand. They seem like they have some of the most amazing natural landscapes.

What do you hope to accomplish by running the race (other than winning $1 million)?
    The ability to check the box of one of life's great opportunities. We are always seeking adrenaline-filled experiences outside of a race car and I hope to have lots of those experiences on the Race.

Name: Conor Daly

Instagram: @conordaly22
    Twitter: @conordaly22

Hometown: Indianapolis, Indiana

Current occupation: IndyCar driver

Describe what you do: I am a race car driver in the Verizon IndyCar Series.

Three words to describe you: Funny, outgoing, and compassionate.

Favorite hobbies: Xbox, any sport, preferably basketball, go-karting.

Becoming an IndyCar driver and competing in the Indianapolis 500. It was always my dream to make money driving race cars.

Unfriendly Customs agents.

New opportunities to experience the world.

New Zealand because it looks awesome. Or basically any tropical island because I've never been to nice places like the Maldives or Belize. I really want to chill on a remote beach with crystal clear water.

What do you hope to accomplish by running the race (other than winning $1 million)?
    I hope to gain some new skills I never thought I'd have by encountering challenges along the way. I also hope to gain some more fans for both Alex and me and IndyCar racing.
    Last edited by KennyERJ; 12-11-2017, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Video: Meet April & Sarah

Biography

#TeamGoatYoga​

Name:
      April Gould

Instagram: @AprilGouldNinja

Twitter: @AprilGouldNinja /@GoatYoga

Hometown: Gilbert, Arizona

Current occupation: Owner of Arizona Goat Yoga (GoatYoga.com).

Describe what you do: As an entrepreneur, I do what is necessary to make Goat Yoga a successful business. On the fun side, I train my 25 goats to jump and interact with hundreds of different people every day for a unique yoga experience. It's like a big circus every time.

Three words to describe you: Adventurous, ingenuitive, and motivated!

Favorite hobbies: I love anything adventurous and outdoors. I was a professional water skier, so I especially enjoy barefoot waterskiing, wakeboarding, and wakesurfing, as well as circus flying trapeze, acrobatics, and stilting. I also like traveling, hiking, rock climbing, mountain biking, rollerblading, snowboarding, and scuba diving.

I am most proud to be a wife and mother of my three kids. They are pretty great despite my shortcomings. I am also proud of making a very successful business out of playing with my goats, and all the good that has come from it throughout the community.

My biggest fear would be getting lost in a sketchy area. I don't always have the best sense of direction.

I love going on adventures, exploring new parts of the world, and seeing new cultures!

I would love to go Tahiti and hike through glorious waterfalls, swim with massive humpback whales, and scuba dive beautiful coral reefs.

The Amazing Race has always been a dream of mine, so being able to race is literally a dream come true! I am excited to go to different places, meet new people and soak in the whole experience!!

Name: Sarah Williams

Instagram: @desertpaddleboards
      Twitter: @GoatYoga

Hometown: Mesa, Arizona

Current occupation: I am co-owner of Arizona Goat Yoga as the Yoga Instructor and owner of Desert Paddleboards! I teach kids parkour classes and I'm a part-time tour guide.

Describe what you do: Goat Yoga and Desert Paddleboards are companies that encourage people to get out and enjoy life! I make people HAPPY!

Three words to describe you: Spontaneous, fun, and a little crazy.

Favorite hobbies: I love being outdoors doing things like snowboarding, hiking, or wakesurfing at the lake.

I started my paddleboard business four years ago with two boards and I'm up to 35. Goat Yoga started as a fun idea and now it's an international sensation!

I used to be worried I wouldn't be able to talk to people but, after going to Europe and China, I realized there's someone everywhere that speaks a little English.

The best part about traveling is meeting new people. When you have friends around the world, you'll have places to stay around the world.

Ireland! Ever since I was a little girl and I saw the commercial for 1-800-SHAMROCK, I have wanted to go to Ireland.

We love having stories to tell at Goat Yoga. The Amazing Race will give us LOTS of stories.
      Last edited by KennyERJ; 12-11-2017, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Video: Meet Cody & Jessica

Biography

#TeamBigBrother

Name: Cody Nickson

Instagram: @codythemarine
        Twitter: @codythemarine

Hometown: Plano, Texas

Current occupation: Unemployed

Describe what you do: I was in the Air Force and Marine Corps, and then moved onto a Sales Job and college, but I just did Big Brother.

Three words to describe you: Passionate, stubborn, and honest.

Favorite hobbies: Motorcycle riding, surfing, and going out to eat.

Becoming a Marine.

Nothing.

I never got to travel outside the country, besides with the military.

China. It's a culture I've never experienced.

I fell in love with Jess on Big Brother and we made an incredible team. I want to compete with her by my side again.

Name: Jessica Graf

Instagram: @thejessicagraf
        Twitter: @thejessicagraf

Hometown: Los Angeles
        Current occupation: Unemployed

Three words to describe you: Loyal, honest, and outrageous.

Favorite hobbies: Yoga, hiking, and boxing.

Getting through seven weeks of hell on Big Brother.

Getting lost.

Seeing the world.

Bora Bora. I would love to go for vacation.

Be able to release our competitive side.
        Last edited by KennyERJ; 12-11-2017, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Video: Meet Dessie & Kayla

Biography

#TheRingGirls

Name: Dessie Mitcheson

Instagram: @dessiemitcheson

Hometown: Apollo, Pennsylvania

Current occupation: Model

Describe what you do: I am a full-time model! I do print, spokes-modeling, and promotional modeling.

Three words to describe you: Vibrant, sweet, and passionate.

Favorite hobbies: Golf, yoga, fishing, and boating.

I am definitely most proud of one of my recent accomplishments of being named one of Sports Illustrated Swimsuit's Top 15. I shot with them, and walked in their first ever runway show debuting their brand new swimwear line.

Honestly, not much. I love to travel and explore.

EVERYTHING! Learning new things, meeting new people, and exploring different cultures and food!

I would love to travel to Australia. It's always been on my bucket list. Everyone I know who has traveled there absolutely loved everything about it!

Besides the money, I'm excited to have the experience of a lifetime! I think we will gain confidence and knowledge. It's going to test us in the best way possible.

Name: Kayla Fitzgerald

Instagram: @kaylafitz3

Hometown: Clermont, Florida

Current occupation: Model

Describe what you do: I am a professional print and commercial model and I also do promotional and spokes-modeling.

Three words to describe you: Hardworking, outgoing, and loyal.

Favorite hobbies: Yoga, boating, cooking, and sudoku puzzles.

The biggest accomplishment of mine so far is shooting for the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition. I was also chosen to not only shoot, but walk in their first ever runway show during Miami Swim Week where they debuted their new swim line!

Not much, but if I had to choose something I would say thieves and shady people.

Learning about new and different cultures, new food, and the unknown.

I would like to visit Barcelona because I think the architecture looks beautiful—as well as the beaches!

Besides winning, I would like to experience different cultures and places around the world that I haven't yet and experience more adventures with my best friend. I'm a foodie so I'm also excited to get to try and experience different foods around the world that I normally wouldn't. Lastly, I'm hoping to learn more about myself and how far I can go to test my limitations.

Comment

Video: Meet Eric & Daniel

Biography

#TheFirefighters

Name: Eric Guiffreda

Twitter: @Eguiffreda

Hometown: Ponchatoula, Louisiana

Current occupation: Firefighter/Paramedic at Gonzales Fire Department

Describe what you do: Respond to any type of emergency call, medical emergencies, fires, car wrecks, and any rescue. I provide treatment and care to the injured and eliminate hazards.

Three words to describe you: Focused, loyal, and corny.

Favorite hobbies: Hunting, traveling, and spending as much time as possible with my wife and two daughters.

Graduating as an honor graduate from Marine Corps Boot Camp and my two daughters. They are everything to me.

Nothing about travel scares me. I enjoy everything about it.

The unknown, the newness of each place, meeting different kinds of people, being away from the normal routine of life, and the feeling of freedom to see and try new things. And, no cell phones.

I would love to visit Switzerland and see the Swiss Alps! They look awesome from pictures and to be able to ski and stay in a remote place on top of mountains.

Awesome once-in-a-lifetime memories we will have forever and be able to share with our children as well as growing ever closer as we overcome new types of challenges and situations.

Name: Daniel Guiffreda

Hometown: Gonzales, Louisiana

Current occupation: Firefighter/Paramedic

Describe what you do: I put the wet stuff on the hot stuff and when people are hurt I stabilize and transport them.

Three words to describe you: Loyal to family, ambitious, and committed.

Favorite hobbies: Camping, reading, and time with family outdoors.

Being a husband and a dad. My family means more than any of the other things I have invested time in accomplishing. Second would probably be finishing paramedic school. It was brutal.

Seeing awesome places and engaging with other cultures. It's so nice to get outside of the same familiar box and experience new things.

Palermo, Sicily. It is where my great grandparents came from and there is so much history there.

A chance to reconnect [with Eric] outside of the work environment, (we work at the same place) and put everything we have into accomplishing the same goal.

Comment

Video: Meet Henry & Evan

Biography

#TeamYale

Name:
              Henry Zhang

Instagram: @HenryTZhang
              Twitter: @HenryTZhang

Hometown: Los Angeles, California

Current occupation: Management Consultant

Describe what you do: I work on a team that helps companies, governments, and NGOs improve their performance and realize their goals.

Three words to describe you: Entrepreneurial, caring, and ambitious.

g>Favorite hobbies: Soccer, coding, and ukulele.

I taught myself to code and created a website to provide debate preparation materials to disadvantaged students.

Coming back injured—wouldn't want to worry my mom while I get these opportunities to travel.

Seeing, experiencing, and eating entirely new things and getting to share these experiences with people I care about.

Rio de Janeiro. I've never been to Brazil or even South America, and the place has a real holistic appeal to me. Also, I'm a big soccer fan and I'd love to play with locals on the beach.

I think Evan and I, though young, have a serious relationship, and running the race, I'm hoping to learn lots more about her and about us. Also, it'll be an awesome travel experience!

Name: Evan Lynyak

Instagram: @evan.lynyak

Hometown: Los Angeles, California

Current occupation: Management Consultant

Describe what you do: I work on a team that helps companies, governments, and NGOs improve their performance and realize their goals.

Three words to describe you: Thoughtful, sarcastic, and compassionate.

Favorite hobbies: Watching movies and reading.

As a junior in college, I was the seventh overall best speaker out of more than 700 individual competitors at the 2016 World Universities Debating Championship, making me the top ranking female debater that year.

Getting into a car accident or otherwise seriously injured while being far from family and without understanding the medical system.

Traveling uniquely humbles me; I feel insignificant in such a big, amazing world, but that thought motivates me to savor life.

Israel, as it is so rich with historical and cultural significance.

Despite having only dated for a year and a half, I view my relationship with Henry as a serious one, and would like to learn more about how we function as a team. Additionally, running the race and getting as far as possible would allow me to see the world and have a unique adventure!

Comment

Video: Meet Joey & Tim

Biography

#TeamChomp

Name: Joey Chestnut

Instagram: @joey.chestnut
                Twitter: @joeyjaws

Hometown: San Jose, California

Current occupation: Competitive Eater

Describe what you do: I compete in eating contests all around the world for cash prizes. I also represent brands and make appearances.

Three words to describe you: Goofy, honest, and competitive.

Favorite hobbies: Fishing and gambling.

I win everything that I try.

Getting sick.

Laughing with strangers.

Jerusalem. There is so much history.

Showing myself and the world that competitive eaters are the best at solving problems and have a blast beating people.

Name: Tim Janus

Instagram:@timothyjanus
                Twitter: @eaterx

Hometown: New York, New York

Current Occupation: Waiter/Bartender/Manager/Competitive Eater

Describe what you do: I am a waiter at a very comfortable, high-end pizza/wine bar. I'm an on-hiatus competitive eater, named Eater X, one of the best in the whole wide world! I'm also the world burping champion, according to the World Burping Federation.

Three words to describe you: Determined, loyal, and daydreamer.

Favorite hobbies: Skiing, sleeping, crossword puzzles, and reading the news and trying to understand this world.

I was the third eater ever to eat 50 hot dogs in 10 minutes. Joey was the second. Nobody believed I could do it until I did it, but I worked hard and surprised everybody. I felt like I did what I once thought was impossible, and in general I'm proud of myself anytime I persevere.

Nothing. It's an adventure. I'm on vacation. Who cares?

I love learning new things about people and customs. People do things differently all around the world, and it's easy for us to believe that our way is somehow better or makes more sense than somebody else's. But when you travel and you're open to learning, you see that every way is valid and worthwhile and worthy of respect. We do things a certain way because that's what took hold where we are, not because our ways are any better than anybody else's. I really enjoy being reminded of that again and again and again by seeing it firsthand.

Australia. I love it down there—the land, the animals, the accents. If I get eliminated in Australia, I may never come home.

It would be a lot of fun for me to hang out and goof around with Joey. We've always lived on opposite coasts, and we've always competed against each other. We're friends, and we've traveled together for contests, but we've always been rivals. Win or lose, it'd be cool to bond over this adventure and this shared goal.

Comment

Video: Meet Kristi & Jen

Biography

#TeamExtreme

Name:
                  Kristi Leskinen

Instagram: @kristileskinen
                  Twitter: @kristileskinen

Hometown: Uniontown, Pennsylvania and Scottsdale, Arizona

Current occupation: Retired professional skier, athlete mentor, and entrepreneur.

Describe what you do: My family owns a resort hotel and a marina in Pennsylvania. I help there where I can. I also have investments in sports-related startups and have a love for mentoring young female athletes.

Three words to describe you: Adventurous, daring, and literal.

Favorite hobbies: Skiing, wakeboarding, biking, hiking, golfing, and painting.

All my medals pale in comparison to the honor of helping to develop a brand new sport and watching it grow from one or two women competing all the way to the Olympics. I'm also very proud to have competed as a pro in multiple sports.

Food poisoning and mosquitos.

Experiencing new and different cultures and seeing all of the world's natural beauty.

I'd love to see the coasts of Thailand, Malaysia, and Indonesia. As a skier, I traveled to cold destinations all over the world and I'd love to see the tropics.

The experience of traveling to places I may never get the chance to see otherwise, meeting new friends, and sharing the adventure of a lifetime with them.

Name: Jen Hudak

Instagram: @jenhudak
                  Twitter: @jenhudak

Hometown: Park City, Utah

Current occupation: Professional skier, coach/mentor, and marketing manager

Describe what you do: As a professional skier I formerly competed intensely on the world stage in halfpipe skiing. I now create content (video, photo, and written word) to share the power that outdoor adventure can have in one's life. It's time spent outdoors, pursuing new challenges, that teaches me about this world and helps me be a better person. I also help various publishing entities make money through referral-based advertising (that's technically my day job now!).

Three words to describe you: Indomitable, intelligent, competitive, and empathetic.

Favorite hobbies: Skiing, writing, mountain biking, and coaching.

I am most proud of my impenetrable mind. Coming back from numerous injuries to continue my pursuits in skiing, I was able to return strong and have big wins after some pretty major knee injuries.

Not being able to communicate effectively to get where we're trying to go. Also, potentially getting sick from food and/or water.

Seeing the different ways that people go about their daily lives, immersing myself in someone else's culture, realizing how BIG the world truly is, and experiencing new cuisine!

I would most like to visit Southeast Asia (Vietnam or Thailand)—it's an area of the world that I've never been able to visit. The mountains and hills look breathtaking and the architecture is majestic. Most of my travels have taken me to snow-capped mountains, so traveling to a warmer climate would be a nice change of pace!

Besides winning, I hope to reignite my inner competitor, to fight hard for something again, and to work as a team toward a common goal! My competitive ski career ended short because of injury and I left some things on the table—I don't want to let that happen ever again!

Comment

Video: Meet Lucas & Brittany

Biography

#TeamOceanRescue

Name:
                    Lucas Bocanegra

Instagram: @luc8719
                    Twitter: @luc8719

Hometown: Miami Springs, Florida

Current occupation: Lifeguard Lieutenant

Describe what you do: We do Baywatch stuff, but for real. Save lives and help the public.

Three words to describe you: Adventurous, determined, and creative.

Favorite hobbies: Surfing, paddle boarding, and hockey.

Having such a badass chick who can do anything even if I don't express it as much, and bringing two people back to life after drowning using CPR with coworkers.

Pooping. I hate pooping in public places.

Seeing and experiencing things I was never aware of. Participating and interacting with other cultures.

Fiji, Bali, India, New Zealand, Australia, and Uluwatu, Bali to surf perfect waves with Brittany.

Communication in stressful situations with each other. I assume she can read my mind and knows what to do. I suck at public affection and she constantly wants attention.

Name: Brittany Austin

Instagram: @bitaba10

Hometown: Miami Springs, Florida

Current occupation: Ocean Rescue Lifeguard

Describe what you do: I am a full-time ocean rescue lifeguard for the city of Miami Beach and I save lives for a living.

Three words to describe you: Outgoing, giving, and hard-working.

Favorite hobbies: Swimming, surfing, rowing, horseback riding, and reading romance novels.

Buying a house with the man of my dreams and winning the open Surfboat Row at Nationals with my awesome rowing partner, Alex.

Getting sick and not being able to enjoy the experience.

Seeing different cultures and seeing the world!

Fiji!! The ocean!

Besides the money for a beautiful wedding and home renovations, I hope to learn to work better with Lucas, improve our communication, and have his undivided attention for a whole month!

Comment

Video: Meet Cedric & Shawn

Biography

#TeamSlamDunk

Name:
                      Cedric Ceballos

Instagram: @cedceballos

Current occupation: Retired NBA Player

Three words to describe you: Funny, outgoing, and friendly.

Favorite hobbies: Music, sports, and traveling.

Being a healthy "Kool" Dad and NBA All-Star.

Airport food.

Seeing the sites and meeting new people.

Africa, for the weather.

[That me and Shawn] stay friends.

Name: Shawn Marion

Instagram: @matrix31
                      Twitter: @matrix31

Hometown: Chicago, Illinois

Current occupation: Retired NBA athlete and father

Describe what you do: I have a son 40% of the time so I just want to be hands on with him. I'm also an NBA Ambassador where I do meet and greets, clinics, speaking, and engagements.

Three words to describe you: Competitive, stubborn to a degree, and loyal.

Favorite hobbies: Spending time with my son and family, traveling, and shopping.

Being a father and provider for my family and a champion!!

Getting lost and stranded with nothing.

New culture, cities, and people.

Abu Dhabi, Bermuda, or Venezuela.

Maybe open more doors and opportunities for future endeavors.

Comment

Video: Meet Trevor & Chris

Biography

#TeamWellStrung

Name:
                        Trevor Wadleigh

Instagram: @tdwadleigh

Current occupation: Musician

Describe what you do: Touring violinist/violist in the string quartet Well-Strung, a classical string quartet that marries together pop and classical music in an entertaining and approachable way.

Three words to describe you: Perceptive, playful, and dry.

Favorite hobbies: Concerts, hanging out with puppies, getting in meme wars, and being outdoors.

Starting and developing our company/band and having it thrive for five years.

Forgetting my violin in a cab or losing my passport.

Boundless opportunities for enlightenment via new people and cultures.

I'd most like to visit Japan. As a westerner and never having been anywhere in Asia, I'd be thrilled to have the opportunity to be immersed in such a beautiful and rich culture.

We've kicked ass together in music for a while now. It'll be fun to use our skill sets in innumerable other ways. Chris is definitely the yin to my yang. We complement one another's shortcomings exceedingly well.

Name: Chris Marchant

Instagram: @chrisjmarchant
                        Twitter: @chrisjmarchant

Current occupation: Musician

Describe what you do: I perform as part of the singing string quartet Well-Strung. We travel all over the country and world, performing approximately 120 shows a year. Our favorite thing to do with music is combine classical music with the pop music of today.

Three words to describe you: Perseverant, pragmatic, and passionate.

Favorite hobbies: Games of any kind, going to concerts and musicals, traveling, and escape rooms.

I've been performing with and helping Well-Strung form and grow from the very beginning. I'm so proud to be part of a group of such talented men.

You're always opening yourself up to the possibility of disasters when traveling. It's impossible to be prepared for everything.

I love exploring. I love experiencing different customs and connecting with people wherever I go.

I've never been anywhere in Asia so I'd welcome any opportunity to change that. I've also not been to Africa and I'd love to see the Serengeti.

I'm excited to do this race with Trevor. He and I push each other in life, both musically and intellectually. I want to put all the skills we've been using in life together to the test in The Amazing Race.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X